Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed. - Page 32

post #311 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccountIsTaken View Post

Awesome, there's more room than I thought for it. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get started on my build but if any of you are interested I'll post it up here. Here's the current build wishlist if anyone has any thoughts.

that is possibly the worst universal block that you could buy. and i dont understand the fan adapter, nor the rad stand....explain?
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #312 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

that is possibly the worst universal block that you could buy. and i dont understand the fan adapter, nor the rad stand....explain?

It should give you some respectable temps. I didn't find much out there on the Raystorm gpu but neither complaints. Plumbed into a loop can beat stock temps, noise, and heat any day smile.gif
Edited by wermad - 2/24/15 at 7:45am
post #313 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

It should give you some respectable temps. I didn't find much out there on the Raystorm gpu but neither complaints. Plumbed into a loop can beat stock temps, noise, and heat any day smile.gif
DO NOT use a universal GPU block! how do you expect to keep the VRMs and the memory chips cool with something like that? you get massive instability with a block like that and zero overclocking capability as those chips around the core will be cooking....do it right and get a full coverage block.
post #314 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshute91 View Post

DO NOT use a universal GPU block! how do you expect to keep the VRMs and the memory chips cool with something like that? you get massive instability with a block like that and zero overclocking capability as those chips around the core will be cooking....do it right and get a full coverage block.

What rock have you been hiding under??? Unversal blocks have been used for ages. As for vrm and vram cooling, you can add heatsinks and have some air flow to them or, if possible, keep the stock cooler and incorporate the uni block. You need to hang out in the water thread wink.gif.

edit:




Edited by wermad - 2/24/15 at 8:43am
post #315 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

What rock have you been hiding under??? Unversal blocks have been used for ages. As for vrm and vram cooling, you can add heatsinks and have some air flow to them or, if possible, keep the stock cooler and incorporate the uni block. You need to hang out in the water thread wink.gif

Sorry i guess i prefer to just do it right and not have to modify something further than just putting a full coverage block on the card and cooling it properly...guess that's just me. When i am spending over 1k in just watercooling parts i prefer to just do it right, just my 2 cents lol.
post #316 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshute91 View Post

Sorry i guess i prefer to just do it right and not have to modify something further than just putting a full coverage block on the card and cooling it properly...guess that's just me. When i am spending over 1k in just watercooling parts i prefer to just do it right, just my 2 cents lol.

There's is no one right way. There are varying degrees of custimization depending on your needs and budget. A universal block will have future use w/ other gpu's where as your full cover block, more expensive, will not be reuseable. Some ppl go through gpu's often, and some of them go w/ universal blocks. Unfortunately, the selection has decreased, mainly due to the aio now w/ adapters. In any case, a uni block is a great choice if you don't wanna go full custom (and more money) or need something better then an aio.
Edited by wermad - 2/24/15 at 8:59am
post #317 of 3988
So the box comes in today and im thinkin "yea, that's pretty big". Then you actually take the beast out and realize "Mother...of...God!"

Ok, the bottom brackets are used for side mounting radiators right. So wheres the one for the opposite side?? Theres only 1 set of brackets?!? Right out of the box I can only do 2 up top and 1 at the bottom? or am I missing something?
post #318 of 3988
It only comes with one set apparently. According to the TT rep, there will be parts up for sale soon. Including the rad brackets.
post #319 of 3988
Recent weather has caused a delay in shipping is the notice I got from UPS On my core X9 from Newegg!!! Ugh!!!
post #320 of 3988
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

that is possibly the worst universal block that you could buy. and i dont understand the fan adapter, nor the rad stand....explain?

It should give you some respectable temps. I didn't find much out there on the Raystorm gpu but neither complaints. Plumbed into a loop can beat stock temps, noise, and heat any day smile.gif

I am planning on going universal blocks here soon enough myself, but the Raystorms are the worst of the bunch. Yeah, they beat a sharp stick in the eye or a swift kick in the nuts, but pretty much ALL of the universal GPU blocks on the market from the major players are better, particularly in low flow situations.
http://www.xtremerigs.net/2014/11/18/2014-universal-gpu-block-roundup/
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

It only comes with one set apparently. According to the TT rep, there will be parts up for sale soon. Including the rad brackets.

Yeah, the HDD bay bases double as the rad stands. There are two, but they only hold 240mm each. You could use it on the middle of a 480 and still use the other for a HDD cage, but I went with both because I dont need a HDD cage.
Edited by inedenimadam - 2/24/15 at 11:31am
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed.