Alright so here is some of those pictures that I promised you guys, some of these have been posted before, but with little context to them so I hope this will give a wider picture of it all.
Here I slowly making sure that all the parts will fit and I try to determine the order that I should mount them all in. As you will see in the next pictures I should have done a lot more of preparation before proceeding from here, but I like to learn by doing
Here I have just moved the motherboard over and started the relatively quick transition from an empty case to somewhat of a finished build. The reason I did all this quickly is simply because this is the computer that I rely on using every day for everything from school work to pure entertainment:
At this point I was filling the loop, and unfortunately I forgot to take pictures when I assembled things like the graphics card and laying everything up in the case (If I can I will take some pictures when redoing my build when panels and all of that are completed):
Here the build is up and running with sysprep:
This is my drain, it works perfectly (oh and you can see the horrible scars that my wasted hammerite painting made on the thing, I didn't have time to properly sand them before painting):
But I still havent found a way to get the front panel on with it mounted like that. It worked perfectly in test fits , but I suspect that the radiator was moved a bit further to the front of the case than planned.
This is currently how the top radiator is fitted, it's a cheap 360mm grill that I got a couple of years ago. When I get to the stage where I want to clean up my build again I'll be getting a similar one for 480mm radiators to modify the top of the case properly, but this works for now:
Here I'm starting the drain process after running about 12-24 hours of sysprep. I know I didn't need to since I properly flushed the system, but it came with my tubing so I figured I would use it.
Filling the loop with pure demineralized water:
Finished filling it:
Now for additives:
The next step was me trying to figure out where I should run my LEDs, which was some Phobya pre-made LED strips. Unfortunately they seem to be falling apart, so I had to find another solution:
So I found some LED strips that I had lying around and started soldering. Unfortunately I don't have new fan plugs or crimps laying around so I had to improvise and used a lot of the extra stuff that came with some of the fans that I have gotten throughout the years. This is evident in the cable colors next to the connector as this is where I cut them and soldered on new ones. I also forgot to sleeve them, so that's probably something I'll do at a later time.
Then I made up some LEDs for the CPU block, I measured up the distance between them so they fit perfectly next to each other in to the two LED holes in my Supremacy block.
And for a final testing of the LEDs, which BTW was a b***h to mount after everything else... So yeah I should have done all that before filling and mounting radiators.
Oh and in case anyone is curious, I still suck at cable management:
And thats about it, I havent gotten it fully finished yet, but it's up and running so I'm happy to finally slow down the pace again