Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › NZXT S340 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NZXT S340 Club - Page 149

Poll Results: What is your case color?

 
  • 40% (153)
    White
  • 31% (117)
    Balck
  • 9% (36)
    Black/Blue
  • 18% (70)
    Black/Red
376 Total Votes  
post #1481 of 2679
Finally got cables done , just final benching and tweeking to go. Alone with DSLR pics
IMG_20160227_172827.jpg

IMG_20160227_202726.jpg

IMG_20160227_173815.jpg
post #1482 of 2679
Hello everyone!
Recently i buy one nzxt s340. But my gtx 970 g1 gaming is to hot.

My temp is 67~70º with cooler in 100%.

I use corsair h110 with 2 vipers 140mm intake and one viper in lower place.

One viper 140mm TOP EXHAUST and 1 Coolermaster sickleflow exhaust in rear.

What's the best cooling settings for this case?

before s340 i used to nzxt phantom 530 with all the fans and my GPU never past 65º (in rio de janeiro is so hot)

look the picture:

post #1483 of 2679
You see now blowing warmer air over the gpu from the H110.
To get the most cooling from H110 you might need to run the fans at max speed. This will help bring the H110 temps down, and give lesser warm air over the gpu.
The fans for H110 you want 1800rpm or faster to get rid of heat faster.
Where you live you might want to full loop,
Edited by Sp33d Junki3 - 2/29/16 at 2:30pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1484 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

You see now blowing warmer air over the gpu from the H110.
To get the most cooling from H110 you might need to run the fans at max speed. This will help bring the H110 temps down, and give lesser warm air over the gpu.
The fans for H110 you want 1800rpm or faster to get rid of heat faster.
Where you live you might want to full loop,

Yes, now my 2600k reaches 55º
you think of my gtx 970 reaches 70º is dangerous?
post #1485 of 2679
Wouldn't you want a fan to give air to your case? I have 2 fans on the front that give air, and the 2 default ones on the back and top that take out air.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
have a 750ti haven't really check how far it goes, but It never reaches 65c.

Right now, my CPU is at 30c while watching videos USING 21% I5 3570K, I do have a beQuiet cooler and overclock at 4.2ghz.

I was running GPU-Z benchmark intelburntest for cpu and I had chrome and a video player open

and the farthest my GPU got was to 50c and CPU to 70c

don't really know how bad or good that is though.

According to evga 80c under load is fine, most people here say is not.
Edited by daunow - 2/29/16 at 5:21pm
post #1486 of 2679
Turn fans up more, shouldnt need 100% but im guessing cooling your cpu they dont turn up a lot.
If your not fussed about cable bar you could stick another 2 vipers in pull or some quiet air flow fans at full wack
post #1487 of 2679
I have a Black and Blue 340 coming out of a build, and I need to part with it!
Hit me up if you're interested, and we can talk turkey.

Thanks - T
post #1488 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalwalsh View Post

Finally got cables done , just final benching and tweeking to go. Alone with DSLR pics
IMG_20160227_172827.jpg

IMG_20160227_202726.jpg

IMG_20160227_173815.jpg

Love the colour scheme. I am thinking of switching to something similar. What cooling are you using on your ASUS Turbo's? And what parts did you buy to attach the watercooling tubes?

Mine runs pretty hot to be fair but I know this card runs hot with it being a blower style card. Under load im between 70 - 80 degrees when OC'd with stock OC and fans at around 70%.

I have a H110i cooling my CPU which is doing a sterling job and bringing air in the 2 front air intakes but I do have the fans on pretty low and the pump on high to keep the noise down a little. Im going to try increasing the front fan intake speed when the GPU temp is over 70 which I can trigger in Corsair Link.

I am interested in running the Turbo in SLI though and watercooled but I dont have space for another 280mm rad unless I swap to air cooling my CPU like yours.
post #1489 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjudge1991 View Post

Love the colour scheme. I am thinking of switching to something similar. What cooling are you using on your ASUS Turbo's? And what parts did you buy to attach the watercooling tubes?

Mine runs pretty hot to be fair but I know this card runs hot with it being a blower style card. Under load im between 70 - 80 degrees when OC'd with stock OC and fans at around 70%.

I have a H110i cooling my CPU which is doing a sterling job and bringing air in the 2 front air intakes but I do have the fans on pretty low and the pump on high to keep the noise down a little. Im going to try increasing the front fan intake speed when the GPU temp is over 70 which I can trigger in Corsair Link.

I am interested in running the Turbo in SLI though and watercooled but I dont have space for another 280mm rad unless I swap to air cooling my CPU like yours.

Using Alpahcool GPX 970 M07 blocks for the Turbo, originally for Asus Mini but they have now included extra cut outs for the Turbo, also some modding is required to hybrid. Taking off a sink line at the top and bottom to fit within in the shroud, a corner to allow 3rd mounting hole and cut out for the fan header. Put up a worklog on here if you wish to view in action.

Cards run at max 40c with Helix fans at 65% , to supply the CPU with enough airflow to keep it at 50c max when gaming. Although IBT hit 95c with fans at 65%.

If you dont want to do a hybrid like mine you can just bolt the GPX heatsink/block straight on and even get the fan bracket to add airflow over.

As for your Corsair, you could be a thick 60mm 120 Rad or even 38mm with push/pull and link it to your Corsair. Cut the hose, and drain it, get right barbs/compression for the new rad to fit to the OEM tubing. Connect rad to inlet of Block and have a line out of the block but dont connect. Place rad in a bucket with cooling fluid, prime the pump by sucking on the outlet tube (not idle but meh) , turn on with a jumper and pump should start going, connect the other tube to the remaining bard on the rad and BINGO. custom AIO. I believe this is a rough way users swapped tubing on their AIO. Least your not throwing away cash, but getting a much better RAD with same volume (120x120x60/1000=864 vs 240x120x30/1000=864) , if that makes any sense .
it could pull cold air from the outside on the rear leaving the top fan to exhaust all the heat in the case , Hybrid also could expel heat


sorry you have H110, 280x140x28/1000= 1097 . know these arent the exact rad space for both but you get the idea *************

EKWB 240 Pred or swiftech H220x2/H240x2 could drive the Water cooled 970s at the front
Edited by orbitalwalsh - 3/2/16 at 2:28am
post #1490 of 2679
I had to replace the original fan from H100i GTX for ADDA 120x38mm (122cfm) to avoid high temps in SLI.

Note: sorry for the bad pic, was in a hurry.

IMG_20160228_203336.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › NZXT S340 Club