Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › NZXT S340 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NZXT S340 Club - Page 178

Poll Results: What is your case color?

 
  • 40% (152)
    White
  • 31% (116)
    Balck
  • 9% (36)
    Black/Blue
  • 18% (67)
    Black/Red
371 Total Votes  
post #1771 of 2660
So... I've sold my gtx970 and I've pre-purchased a msi Gtx 1070, however I had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.
I was bored so I started this little upgrade project...

I had this
I hate the front radiator mount since it's strange for me the air that enters the case to the other components is already hot...
So...
I started painting the case

Had an amazing Idea wich I thank Colermaster for... biggrin.gif

Driled a major hole in the case

What do you know...

IT FITTED!!!

A Colermaster nepton 280L

Some finishing touches. With the graphics card already instaled...




Don´t worry that will not be the top... kakak biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy it and it gives you some inspiration.
post #1772 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatinas View Post

So... I've sold my gtx970 and I've pre-purchased a msi Gtx 1070, however I had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.
I was bored so I started this little upgrade project...

I had this
I hate the front radiator mount since it's strange for me the air that enters the case to the other components is already hot...
So...
I started painting the case

Had an amazing Idea wich I thank Colermaster for... biggrin.gif

Driled a major hole in the case

What do you know...

IT FITTED!!!

A Colermaster nepton 280L

Some finishing touches. With the graphics card already instaled...




Don´t worry that will not be the top... kakak biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy it and it gives you some inspiration.
I love this idea! I'm currently debating hollowing the top of the 340 and adding about 2 inches of extended sheet metal and placing my old zalman z3 plus top to cover the top. I really like this idea and would like to thank you 😃
Edited by turtlegamer421 - 7/10/16 at 12:26pm
post #1773 of 2660
hi


so.... i'm using dis case for 3-4 months i loved d way it look..... but i'm worried bout my HDD temps



as u can see my ssd & hdd's temp r above or close to 45 degrees ..... & i'm using 2 preinstalled exhasts as intake & another cooler master 120mm as exhaust ......

any suggestion ?



PS: i live in india ...ambient temp is 35
Edited by dipanjanforever - 7/10/16 at 1:21pm
red carbon
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k B150M-D3H-CF AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair  WD black WD black hyper 412s 
Monitor
benq 2420t 
  hide details  
Reply
red carbon
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k B150M-D3H-CF AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair  WD black WD black hyper 412s 
Monitor
benq 2420t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1774 of 2660
Hey all just finished an update of my build using this case. Just got back on Overclock as well, used to be in this community heavy, but needed some help again.

Just took an Antec 950 out and my MSI R9 390 and trading up to a custom loop using the EK kit and a EVGA GTX 1070 for Witcher 3 goodies. Took out my old ASRock Extreme 3 Z77 board with a i5-3470 in it to put in a X99 Gaming 5P but didn't like how tight the fit was so settled on a ASUS Maximus Hero with a 6700K sitting in it and am in love.

Will get some better pics soon once I figure out how to removed scratches from this cheap plastic window!


Edited by bkal117 - 7/10/16 at 2:30pm
post #1775 of 2660
Hey, I just upgraded to a 1070 from a 390 too!



Might upgrade the cooler as well. Does anyone know if the Corsair H115i fits in the front? Or should I just play it safe with an NZXT X61?
Edited by Majentrix - 7/10/16 at 3:09pm
post #1776 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Hey, I just upgraded to a 1070 from a 390 too!

Might upgrade the cooler as well. Does anyone know if the Corsair H115i fits in the front? Or should I just play it safe with an NZXT X61?

Honestly I would just stick with the phanteks unless you are specifically having heat related issues.. in which case I would switch to another air cooler lol
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1777 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Hey, I just upgraded to a 1070 from a 390 too!



Might upgrade the cooler as well. Does anyone know if the Corsair H115i fits in the front? Or should I just play it safe with an NZXT X61?
check out the reviews on the artic cooling 120mm for 54eur. It's impressice
post #1778 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majentrix View Post

Hey, I just upgraded to a 1070 from a 390 too!



Might upgrade the cooler as well. Does anyone know if the Corsair H115i fits in the front? Or should I just play it safe with an NZXT X61?

The H115i is 51mm thick with fans, you have 58mm of space in the front between the fans mounts and teh cable bar. You'll be fine. For more proof here is a redditor's post of his S340 with a H115i in front with NO modifications H115i in S340 front w/o modifications . Google things man. smile.gifthumb.gif
post #1779 of 2660








I just got my zotac 1070 ( my first ever videocard ) and was excited to test the latest games. Only 1 game broke my pc, minecraft with shader mods + 512 x 512 texture packs. Anyways I really like those white and black builds here in this forum and some other sites. Can't do much with my old motherboard but good thing that the videocard covers that part. I'm thinking of buying extensions for the 24 pin and the dual 8pin cables.

1.) You guys think I should embrace the yellow / white / black combination ? Would have to buy white extensions for 24pin and 8pin as well.

2.) If I go with a white / black color scheme. I'm thinking of painting the "yellow" strip in the gpu backplate to white.

One of the heatsinks near the processor , from gold to white.

Silver SSD with some yellow art to white ? Not sure if it's safe to paint an ssd.


3.) DIY ideas for a gpu support aside from using legos ?

4.
post #1780 of 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipanjanforever View Post

hi


so.... i'm using dis case for 3-4 months i loved d way it look..... but i'm worried bout my HDD temps



as u can see my ssd & hdd's temp r above or close to 45 degrees ..... & i'm using 2 preinstalled exhasts as intake & another cooler master 120mm as exhaust ......

any suggestion ?



PS: i live in india ...ambient temp is 35


ANY ONE ?????
red carbon
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k B150M-D3H-CF AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair  WD black WD black hyper 412s 
Monitor
benq 2420t 
  hide details  
Reply
red carbon
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600k B150M-D3H-CF AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair  WD black WD black hyper 412s 
Monitor
benq 2420t 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › NZXT S340 Club