Originally Posted by 2shellbonus
- It has 24 steps
- It provides great feedback (you can tell 1 notch from the other very easily). Much better than what Zowie has with the 16 or 24 step encoder. On par or better than Roccat's Titan wheel
- It almost never has phantom scrolls. (hello Zowie 24 step)
- It doesn't wobble like mechanical encoders do due to the way its constructed (both ends are fixed, unlike mech encoders where 1 end is free to press the button and the other is fixed in the encoder)
- Scroll up doesn't rattle more than scroll down, like it does on most mechanical encoders
- Its an optical encoder - which means almost unlimited lifespan. Mech encoders usually go bad within the first 2 years of use
- Its almost impossible to spin the wheel by accident when pressing middle click
- Middle click is harder to press than other buttons, so it wont be misclicked when scrolling down harder than usual.
Agree, it's a good scroll wheel, still loud as hell.