Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Ghost in the Shell Online
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ghost in the Shell Online

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Anyone a fan of the anime 'Ghost in the Shell' and think this looks pretty cool? Outside of the graphics, this looks like it'd be really fun. I don't do MMO's usually, but this one i'd play--if it ever gets released. The game is based on the Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig and Solid State Society follow-ups to the original movie. There is supposedly a non anime movie coming out, sort of a reboot of the original, but are having a hard time finding someone to play major kusanagi.

Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

Anyone a fan of the anime 'Ghost in the Shell' and think this looks pretty cool? Outside of the graphics, this looks like it'd be really fun. I don't do MMO's usually, but this one i'd play--if it ever gets released. The game is based on the Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig and Solid State Society follow-ups to the original movie. There is supposedly a non anime movie coming out, sort of a reboot of the original, but are having a hard time finding someone to play major kusanagi.


I came across that the other day after watching the Arise OVAs on netflix. It looks cool, but it's not an MMO. Which is a good thing.
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 15
Is this coming to North America?
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCB View Post

Is this coming to North America?

No plans for it to yet, at least none that have been announced. That being said, it's a Korean game and hasn't even released yet (is slated for 2015 though), and if history has taught us anything, that means if things go well, it won't be over here until 2017 at the earliest.
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by End3R View Post

I came across that the other day after watching the Arise OVAs on netflix. It looks cool, but it's not an MMO. Which is a good thing.

Agreed. How do you like Arise so far? It's so different than the original, its hard for me to get into. I even bought the dvd not knowing what to expect then literally a few days later it appears on netflix.

There's an Arise move also on netflix I wouldnt mind checking out, just out of curiosity.
Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by End3R View Post

No plans for it to yet, at least none that have been announced. That being said, it's a Korean game and hasn't even released yet (is slated for 2015 though), and if history has taught us anything, that means if things go well, it won't be over here until 2017 at the earliest.

Wont stop anyone that wants to play though thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

Agreed. How do you like Arise so far? It's so different than the original, its hard for me to get into. I even bought the dvd not knowing what to expect then literally a few days later it appears on netflix.

There's an Arise move also on netflix I wouldnt mind checking out, just out of curiosity.

I like it, it's basically a prequel to stand alone complex. My netflix has 3 different Arise movies on it, I'd recommend watching them all.

Looks like there are only 2 on there now so they might be removing them, I'd watch them while you can.

If you've watched Stand Alone Complex, it's especially enjoyable to see how the team was formed, because some of them started out as enemies.
Edited by End3R - 2/16/15 at 7:26pm
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by End3R View Post

I like it, it's basically a prequel to stand alone complex. My netflix has 3 different Arise movies on it, I'd recommend watching them all.

Looks like there are only 2 on there now so they might be removing them, I'd watch them while you can.

If you've watched Stand Alone Complex, it's especially enjoyable to see how the team was formed, because some of them started out as enemies.

Yeah I've seen them all, my favorite anime of all time, and then probably Cowboy Bebop/Ergo Proxy/Elfen Leid would all be tied for 2nd.

I did notice when I watched the first episode or two of Arise that they were all fighting and wondering what that was all about. I didn't know it was a prequel to the formation of Section Nine.
Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Define R5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 P8Z77-V LE PLUS MSi GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G Crucial Ballistix 16GB (1866) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB ASUS BW-16D1HT 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 NEC Spectraview 2490WUXi Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD Monitor – U2715H Ducky Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AX860 860W Power Supply Fractal Design Define R5 Steelseries Rival Artisan Hayate Soft 
Audio
Auzentech Prelude 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

Yeah I've seen them all, my favorite anime of all time, and then probably Cowboy Bebop/Ergo Proxy/Elfen Leid would all be tied for 2nd.

I did notice when I watched the first episode or two of Arise that they were all fighting and wondering what that was all about. I didn't know it was a prequel to the formation of Section Nine.

Yup yup! Enjoy! thumb.gif
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 15

Just got the game today and I am liking it. Anyone else playing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Ghost in the Shell Online