Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ROG Sica
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Sica - Page 55

post #541 of 651
Well with the amount of button lag they added you won't be swapping switches much.

Need 3D printed swappable switch sockets.
post #542 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufasas View Post

for me cable too heavy for such light mouse, finger cutting edges on the right side when you grip very firm in hotest fps gaming moments, and as i tested it on exactmat before and posted video on youtube - sensor skipping on (aluminium/plastic?) some mats

The Sica's cable is easily soothed when installed inside a Mouse Rock.

Not a gamer hence I don't frantically hold anything that hard unless I have to remove nuts of a 6 tonne drive train (work).

Currently using an X5 so the Sica has been shelved for the moment but shall be installing it into another PC setup next week.
post #543 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

The Sica's cable is easily soothed when installed inside a Mouse Rock.

Not a gamer hence I don't frantically hold anything that hard unless I have to remove nuts of a 6 tonne drive train (work).

Currently using an X5 so the Sica has been shelved for the moment but shall be installing it into another PC setup next week.

I'm also using EVGA X5. After trying out more than 10 mice from Razer, SteelSeries, Mionix, Logitech, Roccat, Ninox, the X5 is the best one so far for my fingertip grip & low DPI. This is the only worthy successor to my Abyssus 3.5g.

The only time I will try another mouse is if SteelSeries decide to make a lightweight mouse with 3310 sensor or if Logitech creates a normal shaped G303 for human hands. tongue.gif

Check out my review for the photos tongue.gif
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3U3NEJ1LUTG1K/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00SV735GU

thumb.gif
Edited by ENZOxWOLF - 10/5/15 at 10:00pm
post #544 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

Well with the amount of button lag they added you won't be swapping switches much.

Need 3D printed swappable switch sockets.

I thought they already fixed the button lag with the new firmware.
post #545 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZOxWOLF View Post

I thought they already fixed the button lag with the new firmware.

Nope still +16ms. Down from +30ms at release. Mine is currently in pieces in a ziploc bag somewhere.
post #546 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZOxWOLF View Post

I'm also using EVGA X5. After trying out more than 10 mice from Razer, SteelSeries, Mionix, Logitech, Roccat, Ninox, the X5 is the best one so far for my fingertip grip & low DPI. This is the only worthy successor to my Abyssus 3.5g.

The only time I will try another mouse is if SteelSeries decide to make a lightweight mouse with 3310 sensor or if Logitech creates a normal shaped G303 for human hands. tongue.gif

Yeah I'm still pleasantly surprised with the X5, the sides are straight and have a well formed rubber compound whilst the top section is shiny, so it's really nice to hold over a long period of time.

Even though I am still waiting for the delivery of my Castor shall be also acquiring the new Ducky Mouse when it's released as well because you know that when it comes to pursuing your ideal mouse, you MUST keep on buying the newest released models from every other Company that produces them - except anything that comes out from Razer's Factory.
Edited by Elrick - 10/7/15 at 5:40pm
post #547 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Yeah I'm still pleasantly surprised with the X5, the sides are straight and have a well formed rubber compound whilst the top section is shiny, so it's really nice to hold over a long period of time.

Even though I am still waiting for the delivery of my Castor shall be also acquiring the new Ducky Mouse when it's released as well because you know that when it comes to pursuing your ideal mouse, you MUST keep on buying the newest released models from every other Company that produces them - except anything that comes out from Razer's Factory.

I'm also thinking of trying Castor, but it might be too heavy for my fingertip grip. Let me know how it goes
Ducky mouse also looks promising, it's like a Zowie 3310 mouse but uses Omron instead. I just don't like the limited DPI options.

For now I'll stick to this super awesome EVGA X5. biggrin.gif
post #548 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZOxWOLF View Post

For now I'll stick to this super awesome EVGA X5. biggrin.gif

Totally understandable, when you find something that works with you better keep it.

The smart ones stop looking once they've found their utopian input device cheers.gif .
post #549 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Even though I am still waiting for the delivery of my Castor shall be also acquiring the new Ducky Mouse when it's released as well because you know that when it comes to pursuing your ideal mouse, you MUST keep on buying the newest released models from every other Company that produces them

I disagree. Knowing exactly what you want (and of course, identifying why you want it) is a much better approach. Buying new mice all the time and desperately trying to get used to each one as if there's something wrong with your preferences only serves to confuse your muscle memory. And for what? Just so you can use another uncomfortable mouse that you're gonna swap for something else anyway.

In fact, if you really must get used to something that isn't exactly ideal, it's better to simply use that one thing instead of trying to adapt to a new device all the time. Don't get me wrong and interpret this as an insult, but given the amount of effort fellow OCNers spend in finding that dream device... Well, I'm astonished at how some of you neglect to factor in the human body and brain in making your choices. If performance is what you're after, you can't keep swapping mice. Every time you swap, your brain needs time to adapt: it's a fact we all know, so why ignore it?

In fact, at it's worst, this habit can actually impede you from finding an ideal mouse. In desperately swapping devices, at one point you can get so confused that you dismiss what could have been The One™ because your muscles have been getting used to something different for the past week. You know that feeling when it's "not exactly right"? Tiny bit too wide or too narrow perhaps? If you are a compulsive swapper, what you think is your be-all-end-all preference may actually have been a hair different two weeks ago. As you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Totally understandable, when you find something that works with you better keep it.

The smart ones stop looking once they've found their utopian input device cheers.gif .

Identifying that utopian device is all the easier if you're not swamping your brain with a dozen different mice.
Edited by Erecshyrinol - 10/16/15 at 12:42am
post #550 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Totally understandable, when you find something that works with you better keep it.

The smart ones stop looking once they've found their utopian input device cheers.gif .

Amazon just put it on clearance sale! I bought another one for my office. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ROG Sica