Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 43

post #421 of 7337
Thread Starter 

Just some personal feedback, this driver significantly reduced, but did not eliminate artifacts. I also notice a 5-6 fps loss using these drivers in GTA V compared to 350.12 but overall much less glitchy.

Also, any additional feedback on the BIOS testing? Do we have a winner? thumb.gif
post #422 of 7337
Try 350.05,less crashes. I think bios should go to final release. The lack of posts without issues, means job well done sir.
Edited by DeathAngel74 - 5/15/15 at 11:19am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #423 of 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Just some personal feedback, this driver significantly reduced, but did not eliminate artifacts. I also notice a 5-6 fps loss using these drivers in GTA V compared to 350.12 but overall much less glitchy.

Also, any additional feedback on the BIOS testing? Do we have a winner? thumb.gif

For me was totally opposite. Older drivers = more artefacts and test crushed.
broodeeck
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge i7 3770K Gigabyte z77 UD5H WiFi Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming  G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB 1600mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD Samsung 840 Pro be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Windows 7 Pro benq 2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Fisku X Seasonic XFX 850W Gold CM StormTrooper Logitech G402 
Mouse PadAudio
Zowie G-TF Speed Fiio E10K (Olympus 2 DAC) + AKG 551 (Headphones) 
  hide details  
Reply
broodeeck
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge i7 3770K Gigabyte z77 UD5H WiFi Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming  G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB 1600mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD Samsung 840 Pro be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Windows 7 Pro benq 2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Fisku X Seasonic XFX 850W Gold CM StormTrooper Logitech G402 
Mouse PadAudio
Zowie G-TF Speed Fiio E10K (Olympus 2 DAC) + AKG 551 (Headphones) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #424 of 7337
Thread Starter 
352.86 is out
(so is W3 smile.gif )
post #425 of 7337
anyone getting crashes with new drivers? I keep hearing horror stories about tdrs, crashing, black screens and bsod..

Nevermind...mass paranoia or ppl don't know how to set up their pc/drivers
Edited by DeathAngel74 - 5/18/15 at 8:54pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #426 of 7337
Laithan, no artifacts in benchmarks at 1320Mhz, but I'm some in games! (GTA V and BF4). I'm still on 347.88. I had to lower my overclock to 1306MHz and I'm STILL getting them (though less frequently). Even big pink squares occasionally in GTA V. mad.gif At this rate I might as well underclock this piece of crap! I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I've tried adding more voltage but that's not helping. I can use +150mv with Rbby258 hack which is about 1350mv under load (any higher and I get above 90c).

I'm going to try 352.86 and see if it's any different.

EDIT: Actually, after reading the comments about 352.86 on the guru3d forums I'm not even going to bother installing them. They're even more unstable... :/
This makes me wonder if Nvidia actually made certain processes so efficient in their drivers that the GPUs cannot handle it, like one person said it increases clock speed much faster now which is more than most GPUs can handle. This causes crashes. Oh well, I'm sure Nvidia will focus on fixing this in the next release since they don't have a game to be ready for.
Edited by cookieboyeli - 5/18/15 at 11:18pm
post #427 of 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Laithan, no artifacts in benchmarks at 1320Mhz, but I'm some in games! (GTA V and BF4). I'm still on 347.88. I had to lower my overclock to 1306MHz and I'm STILL getting them (though less frequently). Even big pink squares occasionally in GTA V. mad.gif At this rate I might as well underclock this piece of crap! I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I've tried adding more voltage but that's not helping. I can use +150mv with Rbby258 hack which is about 1350mv under load (any higher and I get above 90c).

I'm going to try 352.86 and see if it's any different.

EDIT: Actually, after reading the comments about 352.86 on the guru3d forums I'm not even going to bother installing them. They're even more unstable... :/
This makes me wonder if Nvidia actually made certain processes so efficient in their drivers that the GPUs cannot handle it, like one person said it increases clock speed much faster now which is more than most GPUs can handle. This causes crashes. Oh well, I'm sure Nvidia will focus on fixing this in the next release since they don't have a game to be ready for.

I was doing the flying school with Michael on GTA V, on STOCK BIOS and STOCK clocks and I got those artifacts for a while too. I guess it's the game :\
post #428 of 7337
First of all this is not aimed at anyone here on OCN. Regarding 352.86,it runs fine for me. Even my overclock and bench scores are the same. I personally think people with lower Asic scores are probably the ones affected. Everyone that I saw whining in the guru3d thread had a Kepler or garbage hardware except for their GPU, or in denial about their cpu and gpus being pushed past their oc limits. I took a chance and removed old drivers in safe mode, the performed a clean install of the new driver.
Edited by DeathAngel74 - 5/19/15 at 8:43am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING ATX LGA2066 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-NVMe SSD - Windows/Boot OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" SSD - Games(RAID0) Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Re/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 AIO LCS Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 40in. HDTV Razer Ornato Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1000W... Thermaltake Core X31 RGB ATX Mid Tower Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Firefly Chroma 
Audio
Samsung K360 Soundbar+Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #429 of 7337
Tried V7, my card goes to 1.218v and 1405 MHz with no overclocking software open. Is this corect? Shouldn't it be going to 1531 straight? I'm sorry, I still have to read a few important posts from this thread, I was just curious to know.

Ok so pretty much everything I need to know is on the first post.. am reading now.

edit2: maxing both the voltage and power sliders got my card up to 1531 MHz. smile.gif Am I on the right track? biggrin.gif
Edited by Obyboby - 5/19/15 at 2:09pm
post #430 of 7337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post

Tried V7, my card goes to 1.218v and 1405 MHz with no overclocking software open. Is this corect? Shouldn't it be going to 1531 straight? I'm sorry, I still have to read a few important posts from this thread, I was just curious to know.

Ok so pretty much everything I need to know is on the first post.. am reading now.

edit2: maxing both the voltage and power sliders got my card up to 1531 MHz. smile.gif Am I on the right track? biggrin.gif

Yup! You got it smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐