Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 528

post #5271 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post

I have the Corsair Vengeance C70 case also, although I've only got the GTX 970 in it. It made a big difference when I cleaned up my cabling inside the case to allow optimal air flow and added two "ghetto cooling" fans on the GPU backplate. However, with as high as 92C there may be something else involved.

In my C70, I have 2 front intake fans, 2 more fans behind the hard drive cages, then two exhausting out the top and one exhausting out the back behind the CPU cooler. When the side of the case is on, there is an 8th fan blowing in from the side window. All these are 120mm fans. The CPU cooler is a Thermalright Macho Rev B with 140mm fan. The two ghetto cooling fans are an 80mm and a 60mm fan on the backplate blowing down with rubber standoff feet.

But you may need to redo your heatsink with new TIM and thermal pads at those temps.

He sorted it was either HS not sat correctly pressure or was the tim he applied before ...
post #5272 of 7493
Indeed problem is solved and it was a bad Tim application I will add a 80mm ghetto fan above the plate and see if I can get lower temps.
post #5273 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by megax05 View Post

Indeed problem is solved and it was a bad Tim application I will add a 80mm ghetto fan above the plate and see if I can get lower temps.

Just glad its all sorted now

How long was it running like that @ them temps just out of interest ?
post #5274 of 7493
Thread Starter 
So you mean to tell me that NOBODY ran GPU-z or some other monitoring program to catch this prior to release?

This doesn't say much for software QC... no wonder we MOD BIOS' tongue.gif


http://videocardz.com/60915/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-founders-edition-fan-issue-to-be-fixed-with-next-driver-release
post #5275 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

So you mean to tell me that NOBODY ran GPU-z or some other monitoring program to catch this prior to release?

This doesn't say much for software QC... no wonder we MOD BIOS' tongue.gif


http://videocardz.com/60915/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-founders-edition-fan-issue-to-be-fixed-with-next-driver-release

Yes been keeping an eye on this .....guess that's the whole thing about founders edition = FIND THE PROBLEM EDITION

I would be in uproar if i had spent over £600 and had this ..

I friend bought 2 1080 total cost over £1200 both exhibit the issue and as you imagine he is not a happy chap he returned both to shop for full refund after i advise him .....about sitting tight and get a after market solution non of this founders Bull ****

not good is it of nvidia they should at least offer a free game or some thing as a gesture of good will
post #5276 of 7493
The 9xx series also had issues with fans, some defective (I remember some MSI 980/970 gaming) and also spikes in rpm.
This was fixed with driver/bios depending on issue.

While it looks bad and we always hope these issue should be caught before release, if driver update fixes it with no real cooling problem, its not that bad IMO.

As the power management and in general more advanced we get the more issues can pop up.
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5277 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkiefer View Post

The 9xx series also had issues with fans, some defective (I remember some MSI 980/970 gaming) and also spikes in rpm.
This was fixed with driver/bios depending on issue.

While it looks bad and we always hope these issue should be caught before release, if driver update fixes it with no real cooling problem, its not that bad IMO.

As the power management and in general more advanced we get the more issues can pop up.

Yes the MSI gaming thing on the 900's was the sticker they use on the 1st batches the glue they used was to way too firm and when the user pulled of the sticker over the fan in most cases damaged the fan
post #5278 of 7493
General question please, would companies be pickey (if you need to RMA) after you disamble any graphic card to replace thermal paste for example? Would that void warranty? On a 1080 FE or any othet card.
Thanks
post #5279 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem View Post

General question please, would companies be pickey (if you need to RMA) after you disamble any graphic card to replace thermal paste for example? Would that void warranty? On a 1080 FE or any othet card.
Thanks

Some do let you
like and i can not say there name directly but you get the idea

E xtended V ideo G raphics A rray (this is a confirmed loop hole)

not sure on the others some go to placing void warranty stickers on the screws so there a no no

if you google i am sure there will be a list of who does and who does not allow it
post #5280 of 7493
GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack (GV-N1080XTREME-8GD)



Arrow I9
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro ROG Rampage VI Apex TITAN X Pascal @ Heatkiller IV G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb + PM961 512Gb Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2x Barracuda 3Tb Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, Koolance XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB SuperFlower Titanium 1000W Corsair Graphite 780T 
Mouse
Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
Arrow I9
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro ROG Rampage VI Apex TITAN X Pascal @ Heatkiller IV G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb + PM961 512Gb Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2x Barracuda 3Tb Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, Koolance XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB SuperFlower Titanium 1000W Corsair Graphite 780T 
Mouse
Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐