Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 575

post #5741 of 7457
For those avoiding Pascal because of the current issues, you realize it's going to be even worse with Volta right?
Every generation is more about power and temperature efficiency and less about performance and overclocking.

AMD is the one to go with if they ever catch up, Nvidia isn't going to change their design philosophy suddenly, and their decision making is terrible.
Also yea, Gigabyte has done everything in their power to provide the absolute cheapest aftermarket coolers of any AIB this time around. Nothing is as plastic cheap and full of QA issues.

I'm done with Gigabyte for life. I'll stick with MSI and maybe EVGA from now on.
I'll be doing my 3rd RMA of the past 30 days if my MSI has crazy coil whine or other abnormal noise issues.
I can't wait until the day I can enjoy using my PC again, its been a while...
post #5742 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

For those avoiding Pascal because of the current issues, you realize it's going to be even worse with Volta right?
Every generation is more about power and temperature efficiency and less about performance and overclocking.

AMD is the one to go with if they ever catch up, Nvidia isn't going to change their design philosophy suddenly, and their decision making is terrible.
Also yea, Gigabyte has done everything in their power to provide the absolute cheapest aftermarket coolers of any AIB this time around. Nothing is as plastic cheap and full of QA issues.

I'm done with Gigabyte for life. I'll stick with MSI and maybe EVGA from now on.
I'll be doing my 3rd RMA of the past 30 days if my MSI has crazy coil whine or other abnormal noise issues.
I can't wait until the day I can enjoy using my PC again, its been a while...

Agree Gigabyte have not just dropped the ball they have lost it completely this time round
post #5743 of 7457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

@Laithan As i told yo.. the new HB bridge is big joke.. just dual SLI connector... wink.gif

For any SLI user, use 2 SLI bridge to avoid stutter or performance loss smile.gif

Cool.. I believe it was also stated that you would only benefit from the additional bandwidth for 5K+ and surround



Interesting article here
post #5744 of 7457
Thread Starter 
DOOM Vulkan patch finally released!



post #5745 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

G1's this round, I would avoid.. The 1070 extreme looks OK but hearing lots of QC issues especially with fans.

Also, seems like reference cards perform identically to custom cards... the better cooling helps but not with overclocking, just with throttling..

Honestly IMO I'm not even slightly tempted to buy Pascal anything at this point..

This video review of pascal pretty much sums it up. Don't worry, it's a universal language. Pascal review by our new generation...real new.. (Click to show)
Wow. Quite discouraging to hear.

I sold my 970 and am limping with my 750ti. I need something. Suggestions?
post #5746 of 7457
Hey biggrin.gif

I'm currently running the bios for my SLI GTX980s.

I currently have it running at around 1582mhz/mem 2003mhz and would love to push it further.

It's currently on water - custom loop. Can we jack up the voltage limit or is it not safe to do so?
Project Y.Gear
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k @5ghz 1.35v w EK Supremacy EVO EVGA Z97 Classifed Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 980 G1 SLI w EK Full Water ... G Skill TridentX 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 Pro Samsung EVO 850 WD Black  WD Cavier 500GB Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray, HD-DVD & DVD Combo  EK Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock, EK 240ml Res, ... Windows 10 ACER Predator X34 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Corsair K70 RGB MX Cherry Brown EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750w Phantek Enthoo Primo  Logitech z263 
Audio
Corsair Void RGB Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Y.Gear
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k @5ghz 1.35v w EK Supremacy EVO EVGA Z97 Classifed Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 980 G1 SLI w EK Full Water ... G Skill TridentX 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 Pro Samsung EVO 850 WD Black  WD Cavier 500GB Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray, HD-DVD & DVD Combo  EK Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock, EK 240ml Res, ... Windows 10 ACER Predator X34 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Corsair K70 RGB MX Cherry Brown EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750w Phantek Enthoo Primo  Logitech z263 
Audio
Corsair Void RGB Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5747 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

DOOM Vulkan patch finally released!





smile.gif great but nvidia seems to not be gaining much however AMD cards are really shining either way VULKAN is what we need for sure

I do not understand what nvidia are up too ...it just does not seem right to have a 10 series launch with doom on vulkan they where hyping this big time however the results where seeing here for nvidia is poor its not like they have had enough time is it...

However placing tin foil hat on re nvidia's poor show with vulkan

Most likely Nvidia gimping practises in effect there worried to release too much performance on there older gens ...so there holding it back tweaking until they can balance the performance across the gens ...

just a thought

tin foil hat removed


Sry to post this here hope you do not mind Laithan

Seems there are issues with the 10 series with high DPC

I have tested my self on three different systems now with same high dpc with the 1080 as soon as i place the 980 ti no problem


1080



980 ti it does spike up to 200 but this is noraml as you can see the 1080 is terrible




the only thing that resolves the issue with the 1080 is going high performance with the power settings but one should not have to do this if the 900's where fine

I am about to burn this 1080 with great joy never mind returning it frown.gif



i qoute some one else with same issuies allso reported across the web

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/9/

Did some tests between my GTX 1070 and 960, same hardware and software, only the video card was swapped.

Idle 1070 (high latency): http://i.imgur.com/eLGnbm5.jpg
Idle 960 (low latency): http://i.imgur.com/nHNCnXH.jpg

Under load 1070 FS (high latency): http://i.imgur.com/WBOV2fS.jpg
Under load 1070 FS Ultra (high latency): http://i.imgur.com/mNaheTS.jpg

Under load 960 FS (low latency): http://i.imgur.com/3wOmPiq.jpg
Under load 960 FS Ultra (low latency): http://i.imgur.com/C3WUwCV.jpg


Now my question is, are ALL 1070/180's affected or is this an isolated problem due to defective hardware? Or maybe it's just a driver issue? Is there anyone out there that doesn't have DPC latency issues and can maybe post a screenshot proving this?

It'd be nice if Nvidia were to acknowledge this being a problem, at the very least.
Edited by harney - 7/12/16 at 7:47am
post #5748 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post

Wow. Quite discouraging to hear.

I sold my 970 and am limping with my 750ti. I need something. Suggestions?
980 ti G1 or 980 ti Xtreme thumb.gif
or if you have spare money and patience you can wait for the next Pascal batch (Titan / Ti), maybe they will be ok wink.gif
Edited by NikolayNeykov - 7/12/16 at 9:48am
post #5749 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

980 ti G1 or 980 ti Xtreme thumb.gif
or if you have spare money and patience you can wait for the next Pascal batch (Titan / Ti), maybe they will be ok wink.gif
But are the 980ti's actually better than the 1070?

I was thinking about getting a STRIX 1070 to go with my ASUS board. Perhaps I'm not understanding the 1070 issue...
post #5750 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post

But are the 980ti's actually better than the 1070?

I was thinking about getting a STRIX 1070 to go with my ASUS board. Perhaps I'm not understanding the 1070 issue...
You wish to take the first card created on Pascal. Do yourself a favor man, take the last best from the old and enjoy! thumb.gif
It should be a nice price as well now smile.gif Don't even think about Pascal, no point bothering your brain with it.
Edited by NikolayNeykov - 7/12/16 at 11:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐