Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 598

post #5971 of 7494
Can you guy pls do 1.3v for gtx 970 g1 gaming f60 on air pls
post #5972 of 7494
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saruth View Post

Can you guy pls do 1.3v for gtx 970 g1 gaming f60 on air pls

I used to have a 1.312v BIOS posted for the 970 however to be honest, it wasn't needed. 1.281v is going to give you the most you can get out of that chip. Increasing the voltage higher is going to compromise stability (with VRMs) and increase heat.

The most important point is that NOBODY in the history of this thread (including myself) has ever shown that 1.312v instead of 1.281v has ever provided any additional overclocking headroom (SHOWN not "said").

To be blunt, I wouldn't recommend it. It's NOT a case of the higher you go with voltage the more you can overclock once you've already reached a high enough voltage (1.281v is still higher than software can even measure) additional gains are just not there.
do not flash this (Click to show)

Why? Because it's the F3 BIOS and you need the F60. It's for a "reference" if you want to edit yourself to experiment by copying all the settings over to a copy of your F60 BIOS. .

970F3DP-MAXU-1312-REL1.0.zip 136k .zip file
post #5973 of 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

I used to have a 1.312v BIOS posted for the 970 however to be honest, it wasn't needed. 1.281v is going to give you the most you can get out of that chip. Increasing the voltage higher is going to compromise stability (with VRMs) and increase heat.

The most important point is that NOBODY in the history of this thread (including myself) has ever shown that 1.312v instead of 1.281v has ever provided any additional overclocking headroom (SHOWN not "said").

To be blunt, I wouldn't recommend it. It's NOT a case of the higher you go with voltage the more you can overclock once you've already reached a high enough voltage (1.281v is still higher than software can even measure) additional gains are just not there.
do not flash this (Click to show)

Why? Because it's the F3 BIOS and you need the F60. It's for a "reference" if you want to edit yourself to experiment by copying all the settings over to a copy of your F60 BIOS. .

970F3DP-MAXU-1312-REL1.0.zip 136k .zip file

Did not realize that because with the stock cooler on the g1 cards it seems that its no problem to keep 1.281v cool enough. (well see if this stays true when I throw a second card into it tonight.) Are you saying that I wouldn't get any performance benefit from water cooling the cards (full cover including vrms)?
post #5974 of 7494
1590 is stable for me but when 1600 it unstable so I need more 10mhz
post #5975 of 7494
Super excited for the forthcoming GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Waterforce BIOS mod. If I can help in some way (e.g. providing a stock BIOS or trying things out), I'd love to try. I am getting mine on Tuesday.
I Evolved
(21 items)
 
 
Black Beauty
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 3200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Crucial MX300 Corsair H115i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Asus PG348Q das ultimate model s Kingwin LZP-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolve ATX Tempered Glass Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Axiom Audio M60 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Pioneer Elite SC-37 SVS PB-12 Plus Etymotic Research ER-4S Sony MDR-V6 
Audio
Sennheiser HD-650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k @ 5.0 GHz Asus Sabertooth x99 TUF Nvidia Titan X Pascal Corsair Dominator LPX 3200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (M.2) Samsung 850 Pro SATA3 WD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM (RAID 1) Sony 16x DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 480mm Double-Width Radiator 8x 120mm Gentle Typhoon Swiftech MCP655-B Pump XSPC Raystorm CPU Block 
OSKeyboardPowerMouse
Windows 10 Pro x64 Das Ultimate Model S Kingwin LZP-1000 Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Axiom Audio M60 Pioneer Elite SC-37 Etymotic Research ER-4S 
Audio
Sony MDR-V6 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 GHz Asus P8Z68-V 2x GTX 570 @ 850/2150 2x 4 GiB G.Skill (with 2 more sticks waiting to... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120 GB, 2x 400 GB Deathstar Ra... Sony Optiarc DVD+RW Noctua D14, 1x SilverStone AP-181, 2x AP-141, 3... Windows 7 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32" 32LD450 S-IPS Das Ultimate Model S Kingwin Lazer-1000 Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Steelpad S&S Pioneer Elite 54Tx Receiver + Axiom M60v2 Louds... 
  hide details  
Reply
I Evolved
(21 items)
 
 
Black Beauty
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 3200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Crucial MX300 Corsair H115i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Asus PG348Q das ultimate model s Kingwin LZP-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolve ATX Tempered Glass Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Axiom Audio M60 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Pioneer Elite SC-37 SVS PB-12 Plus Etymotic Research ER-4S Sony MDR-V6 
Audio
Sennheiser HD-650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k @ 5.0 GHz Asus Sabertooth x99 TUF Nvidia Titan X Pascal Corsair Dominator LPX 3200 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (M.2) Samsung 850 Pro SATA3 WD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM (RAID 1) Sony 16x DVD-RW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 480mm Double-Width Radiator 8x 120mm Gentle Typhoon Swiftech MCP655-B Pump XSPC Raystorm CPU Block 
OSKeyboardPowerMouse
Windows 10 Pro x64 Das Ultimate Model S Kingwin LZP-1000 Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Axiom Audio M60 Pioneer Elite SC-37 Etymotic Research ER-4S 
Audio
Sony MDR-V6 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 GHz Asus P8Z68-V 2x GTX 570 @ 850/2150 2x 4 GiB G.Skill (with 2 more sticks waiting to... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120 GB, 2x 400 GB Deathstar Ra... Sony Optiarc DVD+RW Noctua D14, 1x SilverStone AP-181, 2x AP-141, 3... Windows 7 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32" 32LD450 S-IPS Das Ultimate Model S Kingwin Lazer-1000 Fractal Design Arc Midi 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 Steelpad S&S Pioneer Elite 54Tx Receiver + Axiom M60v2 Louds... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5976 of 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by palespartan View Post

OK that's good news because I'm at 1.281v now and still sitting at 70c wile stress testing so I still have some headroom temp wise especially if a get a second card and watercool. Thankyou for the answer.

And actually I do have a dmm so if anyone knows where the voltage check is on a 970 g1 that would be awesome.
70 is quite the max you want to reach with high voltages, in my opinion.
post #5977 of 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

70 is quite the max you want to reach with high voltages, in my opinion.

Ive had my card hit a peak of 80c before without throttling so so just stop it at 70 and if I ever get too concerned i can change the fan curve. Im all about getting all the performance I can.
post #5978 of 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by palespartan View Post

Ive had my card hit a peak of 80c before without throttling so so just stop it at 70 and if I ever get too concerned i can change the fan curve. Im all about getting all the performance I can.
The voltage your using is pretty high (it's the max imo) and higher can start degrading your card too fast, without getting anything useful.
More likely there will be lot's of crashes in games, because of unstable VRMs, but ofc if you want to change your GPU soon you can try smile.gif
Edited by NikolayNeykov - 8/14/16 at 6:24pm
post #5979 of 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

The voltage your using is pretty high (it's the max imo) and higher can start degrading your card too fast, without getting anything useful.
More likely there will be lot's of crashes in games, because of unstable VRMs, but ofc if you want to change your GPU soon you can try smile.gif

I do understand what your saying with quicker degradation but consider that on my main gaming computer i will probably be upgrading every two years or so I assume im not completely worried about getting the full 10 years out of it that it was probably tested for. and for vrm instabality I was under the asumption that vrm issues would only come with overheating of the vrms themselves. I mean Ive seen record overclockers just put a fan on naked vrms to do enough to keep their temps in check and they will also push much more voltage through their cards that what i would even do on water. And with the goal in mind of maximum stable overclock my only real wonder is if more voltage (assuming I can keep temps in check) will get me higher clocks.I do appreciate the concern though and definitely for the normal person should be heavily considered.thumb.gif
post #5980 of 7494
"Today we released the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 372.54. This driver provides optimal experience for No Man’s Sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Obduction, F1 2016, and the Open Beta for Paragon. Also supports the new GeForce GTX 10-series GPUs (http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-10-series-laptops) powering the ultimate gaming notebooks. Read more from:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/no-mans-sky-deus-ex-mankind-divided-game-ready-driver-released "


Download link from this page:


https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/957568/geforce-drivers/official-372-54-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-8-15-16-/


Figured I'd let u guys know it's out, and WHY you say?

Guess what, some of the NVCP options are changed, and also IT NOW REMEMBERS THE GLOBAL SETTINGS ON REBOOT, WHICH IT DIDN'T BEFORE. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐