Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 599

post #5981 of 7558
Hi Laithan! I have a strange behavior with the BIOS MOD (GTX 980Ti G1 AIR VERSION).

All benchmark runs perfect (3DMark - Unigine Heaven - Final Fantasy Bench), at 1512Mhz for core and 7860Mhz for memory, constantly at max frequency.

BUT when I try my first game (SPEC OPS The Line) with thes "new" build (Windows 7 clean OS, no running apps or process in background, exluding MSI AB) I have an anomaly under the memory clock, this run (for all the time) only at 1652 Mhz! (6608Mhz effective) The GPU core run correctly at 1512Mhz.

Obiviusly V-Sync disablied (but in theory the memory clock run always at max speed under 3D applications) and Prefer Maximum Performance under Nvidia control panel.

I think that is limited to "P2" instead the highest performance state, similar to GPGPU work that limits GPU memory clocks to 1.5 / 3.0 / 6.0 GHz on GM2xx cards, but I don't understand because have this behavior in a game...


Can you help my? frown.gif
The Black Corsair
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k  Asus X99-S Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 16Gb DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb Watercooled with 1x 480 Alphacool rad and 1x 12... Windows 7 64bit Home Edition Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Homebuilt (in MDF) - Work in progress... Logitech G300 Roccat taito  Sound BlasterX-FI titanium professional 
  hide details  
Reply
The Black Corsair
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k  Asus X99-S Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 16Gb DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb Watercooled with 1x 480 Alphacool rad and 1x 12... Windows 7 64bit Home Edition Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Homebuilt (in MDF) - Work in progress... Logitech G300 Roccat taito  Sound BlasterX-FI titanium professional 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5982 of 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

"Today we released the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 372.54. This driver provides optimal experience for No Man’s Sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Obduction, F1 2016, and the Open Beta for Paragon. Also supports the new GeForce GTX 10-series GPUs (http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-10-series-laptops) powering the ultimate gaming notebooks. Read more from:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/no-mans-sky-deus-ex-mankind-divided-game-ready-driver-released "


Download link from this page:


https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/957568/geforce-drivers/official-372-54-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-8-15-16-/


Figured I'd let u guys know it's out, and WHY you say?

Guess what, some of the NVCP options are changed, and also IT NOW REMEMBERS THE GLOBAL SETTINGS ON REBOOT, WHICH IT DIDN'T BEFORE. thumb.gif

Nice to add fast sync, so i can put it in global settings, except for dota 2 which need to use separate normal vsync otherwise it get laggy wink.gif
post #5983 of 7558
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeragosta View Post

Hi Laithan! I have a strange behavior with the BIOS MOD (GTX 980Ti G1 AIR VERSION).

All benchmark runs perfect (3DMark - Unigine Heaven - Final Fantasy Bench), at 1512Mhz for core and 7860Mhz for memory, constantly at max frequency.

BUT when I try my first game (SPEC OPS The Line) with thes "new" build (Windows 7 clean OS, no running apps or process in background, exluding MSI AB) I have an anomaly under the memory clock, this run (for all the time) only at 1652 Mhz! (6608Mhz effective) The GPU core run correctly at 1512Mhz.

Obiviusly V-Sync disablied (but in theory the memory clock run always at max speed under 3D applications) and Prefer Maximum Performance under Nvidia control panel.

I think that is limited to "P2" instead the highest performance state, similar to GPGPU work that limits GPU memory clocks to 1.5 / 3.0 / 6.0 GHz on GM2xx cards, but I don't understand because have this behavior in a game...


Can you help my? frown.gif


There sounds like some confusion here and I think we need to repeat some tests. The symptoms of the memory clock not showing the proper frequency is usually caused when an MSI AB profile from a different (stock) BIOS was loaded. This is an annoying software problem. It's not a BIOS issue or an O/S issue.. It's really just a software glitch and usually just uninstall MSI AB, be sure to NOT save settings when it asks, reboot and then reinstall MSI AB. I recommend v4.2.0

Please do that and then set your GPU overclock again. Be sure BOTH the power% and voltage sliders are maxxed. Verify clocks with GPU-z. What you see with GPU-z is what you will get under load.

If the problem still occurs, enable GPU-z logging with a 0.1 second interval. Run the game and the benchmark so I can see both of them in the log file. Attach the log file here.

thumb.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

Nice to add fast sync, so i can put it in global settings, except for dota 2 which need to use separate normal vsync otherwise it get laggy wink.gif

Are you saying they added FAST SYNC support for 9xx cards?!?
post #5984 of 7558
They added Fast Sync to 980 Ti, I tested it in FarCry 4 and Hitman and its very buggy + I don't want always load my card at 99-100% (have 60Hz monitor and playing 60 FPS with V-Sync smoothly)

Laithan, I have a problem these two days. Sometimes my G1 980 Ti with modded bios throttles. I went to Nvidia settings and saw that Power Consumption was set to Optimal, is that a case? If yes, which mode I have to put there: adaptive or max power?
post #5985 of 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Are you saying they added FAST SYNC support for 9xx cards?!?
Yes mate in the nvidia last driver there is option "Fast" for picking, it works great for me on heavy games like Rise of Tomb Raider and Witcher 3.
It's working so good that the game is looking like moving with few fps more than it is, with more realistic movements.
I use separate setting for games like Dota 2 which have 120 + fps on 4k with normal vsync, because there is some lag in you keep all this fps on 4k monitor.

Btw sol1tary the driver load's your GPU to 100 % they made it like that before 10-15 drivers ago, it's not the Fast sync feature.
Fast sync just unlimit your fps without the annoying tearing and therefor if the game is moving with more fps then the monitor support i suspect it will cause to lag, but if it's below the fps it will behave like champ. Talking from my experience with this.
Best to keep global setting set to FAST and if some game is giving you trouble set it to normal Vsync, like i did. (if you have 4k monitor)
Btw don't forget to turn off Vsync in the games you will use FAST sync.


Edited by NikolayNeykov - 8/17/16 at 3:40pm
post #5986 of 7558
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol1tary View Post

They added Fast Sync to 980 Ti, I tested it in FarCry 4 and Hitman and its very buggy + I don't want always load my card at 99-100% (have 60Hz monitor and playing 60 FPS with V-Sync smoothly)

Laithan, I have a problem these two days. Sometimes my G1 980 Ti with modded bios throttles. I went to Nvidia settings and saw that Power Consumption was set to Optimal, is that a case? If yes, which mode I have to put there: adaptive or max power?

Hey bud.. well throttling is not always a "problem" it could be intended. When a new driver is installed it always defaults to power management = enabled (they call it optimal now, used to be adaptive). Prefer maximum performance will prevent the core from going below 1291Mhz (which wasn't throttling but power management.. it can go all the way down to 135Mhz).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

Yes mate in the nvidia last driver there is option "Fast" for picking, it works great for me on heavy games like Rise of Tomb Raider and Witcher 3.
It's working so good that the game is looking like moving with few fps more than it is, with more realistic movements.
I use separate setting for games like Dota 2 which have 120 + fps on 4k with normal vsync, because there is some lag in you keep all this fps on 4k monitor.

Btw sol1tary the driver load's your GPU to 100 % they made it like that before 10-15 drivers ago, it's not the Fast sync feature.
Fast sync just unlimit your fps without the annoying tearing and therefor if the game is moving with more fps then the monitor support i suspect it will cause to lag, but if it's below the fps it will behave like champ. Talking from my experience with this.
Best to keep global setting set to FAST and if some game is giving you trouble set it to normal Vsync, like i did. (if you have 4k monitor)
Btw don't forget to turn off Vsync in the games you will use FAST sync.


I am psyched about it.. I can tell you what might be the best game to test it... Diablo III.. using text "in town" as an easy way to look for tearing.

Thanks for mentioning it!
post #5987 of 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Hey bud.. well throttling is not always a "problem" it could be intended. When a new driver is installed it always defaults to power management = enabled (they call it optimal now, used to be adaptive). Prefer maximum performance will prevent the core from going below 1291Mhz (which wasn't throttling but power management.. it can go all the way down to 135Mhz).
I am psyched about it.. I can tell you what might be the best game to test it... Diablo III.. using text "in town" as an easy way to look for tearing.

Thanks for mentioning it!

Now I have a Q:

With the option of Fast sync now avail, for someone like me with a Nvidia card and a 144Hz G-Sync monitor, what do I want to use: G-Sync or Fast sync? Usually I run with Gsync on and Vsync off.

??

eh-smiley.gif
post #5988 of 7558
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Hey bud.. well throttling is not always a "problem" it could be intended. When a new driver is installed it always defaults to power management = enabled (they call it optimal now, used to be adaptive). Prefer maximum performance will prevent the core from going below 1291Mhz (which wasn't throttling but power management.. it can go all the way down to 135Mhz).
I am psyched about it.. I can tell you what might be the best game to test it... Diablo III.. using text "in town" as an easy way to look for tearing.

Thanks for mentioning it!

Note: Fast sync not available in SLI mad.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

Now I have a Q:

With the option of Fast sync now avail, for someone like me with a Nvidia card and a 144Hz G-Sync monitor, what do I want to use: G-Sync or Fast sync? Usually I run with Gsync on and Vsync off.

??

eh-smiley.gif

I suspect you'd want to stick with Gsync. Others and like me who have "no sync" can basically get the features you get (for free lol)... if it works right.. and not working in SLI blows... maybe a future driver...
post #5989 of 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

There sounds like some confusion here and I think we need to repeat some tests. The symptoms of the memory clock not showing the proper frequency is usually caused when an MSI AB profile from a different (stock) BIOS was loaded. This is an annoying software problem. It's not a BIOS issue or an O/S issue.. It's really just a software glitch and usually just uninstall MSI AB, be sure to NOT save settings when it asks, reboot and then reinstall MSI AB. I recommend v4.2.0

Please do that and then set your GPU overclock again. Be sure BOTH the power% and voltage sliders are maxxed. Verify clocks with GPU-z. What you see with GPU-z is what you will get under load.

If the problem still occurs, enable GPU-z logging with a 0.1 second interval. Run the game and the benchmark so I can see both of them in the log file. Attach the log file here.

Hi Laithan! Thaks for the help! smile.gif

But I don't think MSI AB is the problem because I have install this on a fresh system (clean OS) and in other benchmark all run perfect, no issue, memory clock always at maximum speed. For now, I found this problem only in the first game tested (Spec Ops The Line) with this new system.

Anyway, I have tryed to remove MSI AB (total removed, cleaning the registry) but nothing changed, with this removed (and in stock frequency of the bios mod) GPU-Z graph detects the strange frequency of 1652Mhz frown.gif The graph have a spike up to 1752Mhz for the first second that i launch the game, but immediately return at 1652 costantly (in the game menu and gameplay session)...

Nvidia driver version: 368.81


EDIT: Ok, I found the same issue with Asus RealBench Stress Test! When the stress test run, memory clock is capped at 1652Mhz!
From the thread of Dante's BIOS MOD i found this point:

"Full Performance in Direct Computing Applications and in new games that the driver don't support it yet ( like batman when it only use memory in 1650mhz not in 1750mhz coz using P2 Profile and it fixed after a driver update )"

Maybe is this the problem? I'm confused....
Edited by killeragosta - 8/18/16 at 4:12am
The Black Corsair
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k  Asus X99-S Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 16Gb DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb Watercooled with 1x 480 Alphacool rad and 1x 12... Windows 7 64bit Home Edition Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Homebuilt (in MDF) - Work in progress... Logitech G300 Roccat taito  Sound BlasterX-FI titanium professional 
  hide details  
Reply
The Black Corsair
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k  Asus X99-S Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1 16Gb DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb Watercooled with 1x 480 Alphacool rad and 1x 12... Windows 7 64bit Home Edition Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Homebuilt (in MDF) - Work in progress... Logitech G300 Roccat taito  Sound BlasterX-FI titanium professional 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5990 of 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by willverduzco View Post

Super excited for the forthcoming GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Waterforce BIOS mod. If I can help in some way (e.g. providing a stock BIOS or trying things out), I'd love to try. I am getting mine on Tuesday.

Me too, last 980ti Waterforce BIOS was just awesome work.

I get my replacement 1080 Waterforce card tomorrow, so 1080 Xtreme Waterforce owners make yourselves known biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐