Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 603

post #6021 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

Extract your factory Bios - most likely a F10. save it - in a couple different places. Follow the instructions on flashing, they are very easy and self explanatory.

LN2 on = RED
LN2 off = Blue - leave it on OFF. Do not flash over the LN2!

NVFlash version is listed in the OP.. Do not disconnect the monitor while flashing!! that is the only warning, other than flashing the right Bios --->>>F10

As far as running the Bios, just follow the directions in the OP.

In use, TRY to keep the card lower than 65C as it throttles starting at that point. After flashing do a baseline benchmark in Heaven with power & voltage maxed watching the GPU -Z window for Perfcap. You should have no perfcap at all.

To overclock just add +10 on the core till you reach your max core overclock, then start adding mem oc till you get crashes or artifacts, then back off a little.

IF you cannot stay under 65C temp with the bios's fan curve, do a custom fan curve in MSI AB to keep the temp at max 65C.

Hope that helps


Thanks for the help friend.

About nvFlash , I can use a more current version such as 5.287?

If the temperature is slightly above 65c , I will have problem?

I will use a bios AIR_MUMODV1.1_980TiXTREME_F10_DS.zip


Make sure to extract the current bios with GPUz and check the F# if it is F10 , use F10_MUMOD etc..... the F no# must match.

NVFlash 5.218 NoCerts is the recommended one most of us use here , and is recommended by Laithan the OP.

I try to keep my 970 in the 65-70Deg. Zone , supposed to be safe to 90 Deg. but I wouldn't run it that high for long.... you can always make a custom fan curve in MSI AB to help too.


KB.
KB2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99-A II EVGA 980Ti SC+ 6GB Corsair Vengenance 32GB @3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB WD Black 640GB x3 in Raid 0 Array DVD RW Corsair H80i V2 Water Cooler On 980ti 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
(3) x 200mm Case Fans Win10 (2) Benq BL3200 32" + (2) NEC 23" M$ Natural 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX HAF 922 Logitech RB-22 Trackball Mionix SARGAS Desktop 
AudioOther
Onboard Arctic Cooling 240mm RAD on CPU 
  hide details  
Reply
KB2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99-A II EVGA 980Ti SC+ 6GB Corsair Vengenance 32GB @3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB WD Black 640GB x3 in Raid 0 Array DVD RW Corsair H80i V2 Water Cooler On 980ti 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
(3) x 200mm Case Fans Win10 (2) Benq BL3200 32" + (2) NEC 23" M$ Natural 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX HAF 922 Logitech RB-22 Trackball Mionix SARGAS Desktop 
AudioOther
Onboard Arctic Cooling 240mm RAD on CPU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6022 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

Make sure to extract the current bios with GPUz and check the F# if it is F10 , use F10_MUMOD etc..... the F no# must match.

NVFlash 5.218 NoCerts is the recommended one most of us use here , and is recommended by Laithan the OP.

I try to keep my 970 in the 65-70Deg. Zone , supposed to be safe to 90 Deg. but I wouldn't run it that high for long.... you can always make a custom fan curve in MSI AB to help too.


KB.

Thanks for your help.

I just do the flash and was so even with core voltage +100 and power limit 150%

I wanted to rise to 1.28v

Have to use 2x8-pin and 6-pin auxiliary?




Edited by VitorUrameshi - 8/25/16 at 5:22am
post #6023 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

Make sure to extract the current bios with GPUz and check the F# if it is F10 , use F10_MUMOD etc..... the F no# must match.

NVFlash 5.218 NoCerts is the recommended one most of us use here , and is recommended by Laithan the OP.

I try to keep my 970 in the 65-70Deg. Zone , supposed to be safe to 90 Deg. but I wouldn't run it that high for long.... you can always make a custom fan curve in MSI AB to help too.


KB.

Thanks for your help.

I just do the flash and was so even with core voltage +100 and power limit 150%

I wanted to rise to 1.28v

Have to use 2x8-pin and 6-pin auxiliary?


Sorry I don't know about 980ti extreme Bios's so you will need to wait for @Laithan to respond as he is the expert.

1.28v is the GTX 970 max voltage , but the monitoring software can only see 1.275 max , I am not sure if something similar happens on the 980ti ?

Make sure your 8pin wires are direct to the power supply , no splitters etc so you get full voltage/wattage on each...... my 970 uses 1 8 pin and 1 6pin.

Plenty of others with 980Ti's though to give more advice.

KB
KB2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99-A II EVGA 980Ti SC+ 6GB Corsair Vengenance 32GB @3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB WD Black 640GB x3 in Raid 0 Array DVD RW Corsair H80i V2 Water Cooler On 980ti 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
(3) x 200mm Case Fans Win10 (2) Benq BL3200 32" + (2) NEC 23" M$ Natural 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX HAF 922 Logitech RB-22 Trackball Mionix SARGAS Desktop 
AudioOther
Onboard Arctic Cooling 240mm RAD on CPU 
  hide details  
Reply
KB2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99-A II EVGA 980Ti SC+ 6GB Corsair Vengenance 32GB @3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB WD Black 640GB x3 in Raid 0 Array DVD RW Corsair H80i V2 Water Cooler On 980ti 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
(3) x 200mm Case Fans Win10 (2) Benq BL3200 32" + (2) NEC 23" M$ Natural 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX HAF 922 Logitech RB-22 Trackball Mionix SARGAS Desktop 
AudioOther
Onboard Arctic Cooling 240mm RAD on CPU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6024 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post

Thanks for your help.

I just do the flash and was so even with core voltage +100 and power limit 150%

I wanted to rise to 1.28v

Have to use 2x8-pin and 6-pin auxiliary?




I'm not sure what exactly you're asking there...

As far as the voltage goes, 1.255V seems to be enough for 1600Mz overclock( boost) - for me. ON AIR. If you do watercooling then you might ask for more voltage, although more voltage =/= more overclock.

You don't NEED the side 6 Pin connector plugged in unless you're ACTUALLY using LN2. That button stays OFF for regular use (air/water).

I have the same card you have. You should be able to get AT LEAST +100 on the core clock and +300 on the memory. Are you not able to achieve that with the power and voltage sliders maxxed in MSI?

Is that +95 on the core the max you can get?
Also, I don't see you plussing the memory at all there?
post #6025 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

Sorry I don't know about 980ti extreme Bios's so you will need to wait for @Laithan to respond as he is the expert.

1.28v is the GTX 970 max voltage , but the monitoring software can only see 1.275 max , I am not sure if something similar happens on the 980ti ?

Make sure your 8pin wires are direct to the power supply , no splitters etc so you get full voltage/wattage on each...... my 970 uses 1 8 pin and 1 6pin.

Plenty of others with 980Ti's though to give more advice.

KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking there...

As far as the voltage goes, 1.255V seems to be enough for 1600Mz overclock( boost) - for me. ON AIR. If you do watercooling then you might ask for more voltage, although more voltage =/= more overclock.

You don't NEED the side 6 Pin connector plugged in unless you're ACTUALLY using LN2. That button stays OFF for regular use (air/water).

I have the same card you have. You should be able to get AT LEAST +100 on the core clock and +300 on the memory. Are you not able to achieve that with the power and voltage sliders maxxed in MSI?

Is that +95 on the core the max you can get?
Also, I don't see you plussing the memory at all there?

Stabilized in heaven.

I thought the bios mumod were to 1.27v or 1.28v, my gpu was only up to 1.25v

if I go up beyond +85 in msi afterburner my system crash, arrived at the limit.

Its use 1.28v in the air?

I want 1600mhz sadsmiley.gif

My psu is AX850.


Edited by VitorUrameshi - 8/25/16 at 1:28pm
post #6026 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post


Stabilized in heaven.

I thought the bios mumod were to 1.27v or 1.28v, my gpu was only up to 1.25v

if I go up beyond +85 in msi afterburner my system crash, arrived at the limit.

Its use 1.28v in the air?

I want 1600mhz sadsmiley.gif

My psu is AX850.


No, the AIR Bios only goes to 1,255V. Your max overclock depends on the silicone lottery more than the voltage, assuming you're not getting any voltage Perfcap in GPU -Z. That power supply is not the issue.

That may just be the max you can get out of your card. Not all of them overclock the same. You should be happy as the "stock" 980ti base clock is :

GTX 980 TI Engine Specs:
2816CUDA Cores
1000Base Clock (MHz)
1075 Boost Clock (MHz)
post #6027 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post


Stabilized in heaven.

I thought the bios mumod were to 1.27v or 1.28v, my gpu was only up to 1.25v

if I go up beyond +85 in msi afterburner my system crash, arrived at the limit.

Its use 1.28v in the air?

I want 1600mhz sadsmiley.gif

My psu is AX850.

Test it with lower memory clock or even stock to find your max core one first. I wouldn't go higher then 2000Mhz, since lot's of problems becomes from memory oc.
Edited by NikolayNeykov - 8/25/16 at 3:23pm
post #6028 of 7497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeckEd View Post

Just flashed my brother's g1 970, got stable boost up to 1551, up from 1500 on stock bios. Can only get +135 on memory in AB, which is a bit disappointing since he has Samsung memory, but oh well. Thanks to everyone involved in developing this great bios. Actually getting above 112 power limit feels good man LOL!

Edit: I made it up to +300 on memory in AB now.

1551Mhz is very good and above average! Congrats! tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak4rot View Post

Hello all, first i want to thanks for your job. I have flashed the "970F3DP-MAX-UNLEASHED-REL1.1.ROM" in my GTX 970 G1 and I have solved my instability problems in medium-low demanding games in my overclocked GTX 970 G1.

But i have a question, at first page I read: "Improved BIOS fan profile" and I haven't notice it, the fan profile is identical to stock bios fan profile. I have opened the 970F3DP-MAX-UNLEASHED-REL1.1.ROM in Maxwell Bios Tweaker 1.26 and this is what I see:



There isn't any fan profile improvement, it's identical to stock bios fan profile...

Correct, the fan settings are NOT MODIFIED on 970/980 BIOS' (sorry, it was before I started to include fan modifications inside the BIOS). I wasn't going to release a new version with just fan changes unless it's requested.

The 980Ti BIOS' all have customized fan settings. That's where you'll see a difference from STOCK (even the waterforce BIOS has tweaked fan settings).

I apologize for any confusion however in ALL cases I still highly recommend that you use a CUSTOM FAN CURVE and manually "dial in" exactly what your personal preferences are.

wink.gif
Snorkle.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post


This thread has been around a Few years remember , it's over 600 pages now. smile.gif

KB

It's birthday was actually 3/4/15... I am surprised as well. It's barely over a year old biggrin.gif

grouphug.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalWorld View Post

Should I apply a thin layer of thermal paste to the VRAM and VRMs before I apply my new thermal pads? I have some Gelid GC Extreme just for the job. And if so should I use the spreader to apply it?

Sorry for being a pain.


You will never* be criticized for being a PIA in this thread. Questions are encouraged and we all have to learn at some time. The order in which we learn will almost always be staggered and not synchronized.

* Unless someone is an extreme PIA then we have to draw the line and start firing LMGTFY links lachen.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

I am surprised My 970 has the Fast Setting too now ...... not that it's Fast smile.gif but every bit helps


KB

Oh even better...thanks for sharing that, I thought it was just 980Ti.

Having said that, we shouldn't get too excited. It's a (mostly) non-functional feature (with no SLI support) that is now available on all 900 series GPUs. rolleyes.gif

(Isn't this why there are BETA drivers!?! Why insert this broken crap into a "WHQL certified" driver!! sozo.gif)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

On re-applying the Windforce heatsink back on the only thing you need to worry about is that the pads are big enough and placed properly squared on the mems and vrms. You'll notice that one side of the thermal pads is stickier than the other. That side goes on the vrms/mems, - then just make sure that when applying the cooler you do it straight down without twisting as that can twist the pads underneath.

I wouldn't do any TIM other than the star on the core itself.

Peace

^ SOLID advice here! Thx bud (however I also very much like covering the entire die with a proper applicator but it's probably my opinion based on the TIM that I have (Kryonaut). The truth is we should always at least refer to the manufacturers recommendations as a start and go from there.).
thumb.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by X584EVA View Post

Why do some games not hit full boost clock?

I can understand less demanding games but Arkham Knight doesn't do it. Is it a bug or something?

Yes it is, that game is PLAGUED with issues on the PC. It's a horrible port. You can use KBOOST to force it but I never like using that personally.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post


In use, TRY to keep the card lower than 65C as it throttles starting at that point. After flashing do a baseline benchmark in Heaven with power & voltage maxed watching the GPU -Z window for Perfcap. You should have no perfcap at all.

Just to add to this, the MUMOD BIOS should not throttle @65C but the STOCK BIOS will. Just wanted to clarify that wink.gif.

I agree to try and keep your temps around that mark but there's going to be times when you will be approaching 80C.. which is PERFECTLY NORMAL.. just don't let it go higher than that (91C is max temp says NVIDIA).



Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post

Thanks for the help friend.

About nvFlash , I can use a more current version such as 5.287?

If the temperature is slightly above 65c , I will have problem?

I will use a bios AIR_MUMODV1.1_980TiXTREME_F10_DS.zip

Nope, as I mentioned above you WILL go higher and that's fine, just use OSD to monitor temps for a while until you are familiar with what temps you get and how you can manage them with fan control/supplemental case fans/ghetto cool tech GPU fans wink.gif

There is more than one revision of the 980Ti extreme, you would have needed to extract and view your STOCK BIOS to determine that. Just want to make sure you did that part. There are not just F10 but also C6-G versions out there also (IDK what's up with Gigabyte's new version numbers yet).



Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorUrameshi View Post

Thanks for your help.

I just do the flash and was so even with core voltage +100 and power limit 150%

I wanted to rise to 1.28v

Have to use 2x8-pin and 6-pin auxiliary?






No you should not be using the 6-pin. It's ONLY for the LN2 BIOS which we are not using here. More POWER (WATTS) does not increase max overclocking headroom. Higher voltage is usually what encourages that. Watts are just based on the COMPLEXITY of the GPU's workload and how much power is required to MAINTAIN any given boost speed. If there's not enough power available it will lower the boost speed but it's a power limit NOT a GPU's limit.

If you have both sliders maxxed (which I can see you do) then there should NOT be any PWR perfcaps. I can see in your screenshot that there were some. This can be expected if you are running a power virus such as FURMARK or KOMBUSTOR. These tests are designed to draw as much power as possible and generate as much GPU heat as possible. They are DANGEROUS tests and I cannot recommend them. If you were NOT running a power virus test and you were still getting PWR perfcaps I would like to fix this. I would need to see a GPU-z log (set to 0.1 seconds interval) when the issue occurs, what test/game you are running and what resolution.


All this is NOT related to voltage at all...

so PERIOD, NEW PARAGRAPH wink.gif.



A 980Ti extreme GPU has slightly higher voltage (1.255v) than a G1 980Ti (1.237v) because the cooler has been improved as well as the PCB design (more phases, better vrms, new voltage controller).

You have reached your VRM limit and/or GPU limit on AIR. It's best to take your top speed and subtract -20Mhz and call it a day. Anything more is going to require water cooling (or better). You do NOT want to run 1.281v on a 980Ti that is on AIR.. it's a BAD idea and you WILL overheat/stress your VRMs and/or GPU under certain conditions. And as Kbird pointed out, even if you did send 1.281v the voltage monitor cannot show anything more than 1.274v for some unknown reason.

To put things into perspective GM204 (970 and 980) was able to hit 1600Mhz for probably 25% of them out there (G1's could handle 1.281v on AIR!). The average MAX overclock was usually around 1540-1550Mhz. The 970's were more likely to reach 1600Mhz. It was somewhat rare but not super rare.

GM200 (980Ti) are different... The average O/C for GM200 is 1500-1510Mhz. Getting 1600Mhz on GM200 is SUPER RARE! It's MOST LIKELY not going to happen. If you can get anything over 1510+Mhz to be stable you are above average!

I am able to hit 1600Mhz stable on my GPUs but it's ONLY because (1) I have EK full cover water blocks with an overkill H2O loop. (2) I use custom Fujipoly pads for both the memory and VRMs, including pads on the BACK of the GPU and BACK of the VRMs (only if you have this full cover water block). I use what is arguably one of the best TIMs (Kryonaut) so I am maximizing my potential to overclock by eliminating thermal factors from all sources. I even have fans on my water blocks to cool them (another couple C cooler). Comparing this to someone that can get 1500+Mhz on AIR can actually laugh at me because it cost me about $2k when all was said and done (NOT including the cost of the GPUs themselves) to get maybe 50-75Mhz more LMAO! If you want 1600Mhz that bad, it MIGHT be possible but not guaranteed.. It would have to be for FUN as the primary motivator because TBH it's sort of a waste of money (of course many simply don't like loud fans of course but IMHO it's all about the performance not the noise. smile.gif

Any other questions feel free to ask. Lots of info in the OP (the TOP section of the knowledge base is pretty much all new and revised info).
post #6029 of 7497
Quote:

Just to add to this, the MUMOD BIOS should not throttle @65C but the STOCK BIOS will. Just wanted to clarify that wink.gif.

Well, not to contradict you there, but in my extensive tries to get the best overclock I can (must have run Heaven 200 times at least) I have noticed that it "dynamically adjusts frequency" - probably "throttling" is not the correct word - starting at exactly 66C. That's without any perfcap. I don't think it has to do with the Bios (Mumod or stock). It's something baked in I think.
Quote:
If you have both sliders maxxed (which I can see you do) then there should NOT be any PWR perfcaps. I can see in your screenshot that there were some. This can be expected if you are running a power virus such as FURMARK or KOMBUSTOR. These tests are designed to draw as much power as possible and generate as much GPU heat as possible. They are DANGEROUS tests and I cannot recommend them.

I think he said he got that freq stable in Heaven bench.
Quote:
A 980Ti extreme GPU has slightly higher voltage (1.255v) than a G1 980Ti (1.237v) because the cooler has been improved as well as the PCB design (more phases, better vrms, new voltage controller).

You have reached your VRM limit and/or GPU limit on AIR. It's best to take your top speed and subtract -20Mhz and call it a day. Anything more is going to require water cooling (or better). You do NOT want to run 1.281v on a 980Ti that is on AIR.. it's a BAD idea and you WILL overheat/stress your VRMs and/or GPU under certain conditions. And as Kbird pointed out, even if you did send 1.281v the voltage monitor cannot show anything more than 1.274v for some unknown reason.

IS THERE A WAY TO TALK TO THESE GUYS FROM TECH POWERUP GPU-Z AND SEE IF THEY CAN REWRITE/MODIFY TO SHOW ACTUAL VOLTAGE? I'M SURE THESE NEW CARDS CAN SEND AN ACTUAL VOLTAGE FROM THE SENSOR.. THAT TO ME IS FRUSTRATING. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO HOOK UP A MM TO THE CARD..
Quote:
GM200 (980Ti) are different... The average O/C for GM200 is 1500-1510Mhz. Getting 1600Mhz on GM200 is SUPER RARE! It's MOST LIKELY not going to happen. If you can get anything over 1510+Mhz to be stable you are above average!

So I should be super happy at 1602MHz on air, right?
Quote:
I am able to hit 1600Mhz stable on my GPUs but it's ONLY because (1) I have EK full cover water blocks with an overkill H2O loop. (2) I use custom Fujipoly pads for both the memory and VRMs, including pads on the BACK of the GPU and BACK of the VRMs (only if you have this full cover water block). I use what is arguably one of the best TIMs (Kryonaut) so I am maximizing my potential to overclock by eliminating thermal factors from all sources. I even have fans on my water blocks to cool them (another couple C cooler). Comparing this to someone that can get 1500+Mhz on AIR can actually laugh at me because it cost me about $2k when all was said and done (NOT including the cost of the GPUs themselves) to get maybe 50-75Mhz more LMAO! If you want 1600Mhz that bad, it MIGHT be possible but not guaranteed.. It would have to be for FUN as the primary motivator because TBH it's sort of a waste of money (of course many simply don't like loud fans of course but IMHO it's all about the performance not the noise. smile.gif

Now, I would like to know in actual FPS what that amounts to compared to the stock air cooler - say in Heaven or ROTTR or similar - I was also looking at the prices for EK stuff and it's like 1200$ for what I want.

I could get a 1080ti when they come out for that money wheee.gif
Edited by Newsteel - 8/26/16 at 3:40am
post #6030 of 7497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel View Post

No, the AIR Bios only goes to 1,255V. Your max overclock depends on the silicone lottery more than the voltage, assuming you're not getting any voltage Perfcap in GPU -Z. That power supply is not the issue.

That may just be the max you can get out of your card. Not all of them overclock the same. You should be happy as the "stock" 980ti base clock is :

GTX 980 TI Engine Specs:
2816CUDA Cores
1000Base Clock (MHz)
1075 Boost Clock (MHz)

Thank you.

I was happy with the end result .

As Laithan spoke above 1510mhz it is good for 980ti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolayNeykov View Post

Test it with lower memory clock or even stock to find your max core one first. I wouldn't go higher then 2000Mhz, since lot's of problems becomes from memory oc.

I made it.

First I changed the base clock and then I went up the memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Nope, as I mentioned above you WILL go higher and that's fine, just use OSD to monitor temps for a while until you are familiar with what temps you get and how you can manage them with fan control/supplemental case fans/ghetto cool tech GPU fans wink.gif

There is more than one revision of the 980Ti extreme, you would have needed to extract and view your STOCK BIOS to determine that. Just want to make sure you did that part. There are not just F10 but also C6-G versions out there also (IDK what's up with Gigabyte's new version numbers yet).
No you should not be using the 6-pin. It's ONLY for the LN2 BIOS which we are not using here. More POWER (WATTS) does not increase max overclocking headroom. Higher voltage is usually what encourages that. Watts are just based on the COMPLEXITY of the GPU's workload and how much power is required to MAINTAIN any given boost speed. If there's not enough power available it will lower the boost speed but it's a power limit NOT a GPU's limit.

If you have both sliders maxxed (which I can see you do) then there should NOT be any PWR perfcaps. I can see in your screenshot that there were some. This can be expected if you are running a power virus such as FURMARK or KOMBUSTOR. These tests are designed to draw as much power as possible and generate as much GPU heat as possible. They are DANGEROUS tests and I cannot recommend them. If you were NOT running a power virus test and you were still getting PWR perfcaps I would like to fix this. I would need to see a GPU-z log (set to 0.1 seconds interval) when the issue occurs, what test/game you are running and what resolution.


All this is NOT related to voltage at all...

so PERIOD, NEW PARAGRAPH wink.gif.



A 980Ti extreme GPU has slightly higher voltage (1.255v) than a G1 980Ti (1.237v) because the cooler has been improved as well as the PCB design (more phases, better vrms, new voltage controller).

You have reached your VRM limit and/or GPU limit on AIR. It's best to take your top speed and subtract -20Mhz and call it a day. Anything more is going to require water cooling (or better). You do NOT want to run 1.281v on a 980Ti that is on AIR.. it's a BAD idea and you WILL overheat/stress your VRMs and/or GPU under certain conditions. And as Kbird pointed out, even if you did send 1.281v the voltage monitor cannot show anything more than 1.274v for some unknown reason.

To put things into perspective GM204 (970 and 980) was able to hit 1600Mhz for probably 25% of them out there (G1's could handle 1.281v on AIR!). The average MAX overclock was usually around 1540-1550Mhz. The 970's were more likely to reach 1600Mhz. It was somewhat rare but not super rare.

GM200 (980Ti) are different... The average O/C for GM200 is 1500-1510Mhz. Getting 1600Mhz on GM200 is SUPER RARE! It's MOST LIKELY not going to happen. If you can get anything over 1510+Mhz to be stable you are above average!

I am able to hit 1600Mhz stable on my GPUs but it's ONLY because (1) I have EK full cover water blocks with an overkill H2O loop. (2) I use custom Fujipoly pads for both the memory and VRMs, including pads on the BACK of the GPU and BACK of the VRMs (only if you have this full cover water block). I use what is arguably one of the best TIMs (Kryonaut) so I am maximizing my potential to overclock by eliminating thermal factors from all sources. I even have fans on my water blocks to cool them (another couple C cooler). Comparing this to someone that can get 1500+Mhz on AIR can actually laugh at me because it cost me about $2k when all was said and done (NOT including the cost of the GPUs themselves) to get maybe 50-75Mhz more LMAO! If you want 1600Mhz that bad, it MIGHT be possible but not guaranteed.. It would have to be for FUN as the primary motivator because TBH it's sort of a waste of money (of course many simply don't like loud fans of course but IMHO it's all about the performance not the noise. smile.gif

Any other questions feel free to ask. Lots of info in the OP (the TOP section of the knowledge base is pretty much all new and revised info).

Thank you for all information Laithan, It's very important to me. thumb.gif

as I said, i'm happy with the end result of overclock, of this modified bios got better results.

Here I just use the 3dmark and heaven to test stability , in addition to the games as well.

Your system is very good, congratulations on the setup.

one last question .

The bios let the fans at 35 % even with the right idle system?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐