Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ - Page 706

post #7051 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

TBH I would consider that the effort is kind and should not be doubled wink.gif

More importantly you don't know your max stable boost clocks yet, you haven't thoroughly tested with the MOD BIOS to know. There are usually Mhz gains (not guaranteed) with the MOD due to the voltage bumps.

This is a Gigabyte thread so I'd like to remain focused on them here (of course I have no problem if someone wants to help, please go for it) however you the tweaks are certainly not specific to gigabyte and I would encourage anyone looking to MOD a BIOS with another manufacturer's GPU (excluding a reference design) to utilize the MUMOD BIOS' as a "reference" (do NOT flash them directly but instead compare side by side and copy to YOUR BIOS ).

There's some things to know as some vendors limit voltage, others require a 3rd party tool to access.. so even when voltage is modded in the BIOS it does not always increase voltage on the card itself (Gigabyte and MSI are the easiest one's and do NOT lock voltage but there are others... EVGA (a four letter word) is a mixed bag, one must dig deeper on those). redface.gif

Best of luck to you!
thumb.gif

Ok i agree but I cant find Palit thread for bios flashing. Thats why im writing everywhere with bios modders. My highest stable Boost clock is 1543mhz from these few days. I know for sure 1531mhz is stable. Yesterday I flashed it again with this bios: https://mega.nz/#!v5pjDS4Y!maFLUUGPHonR2V3gKkRNzfcK4mK59KzHuHiofsX_aOc
and achieve same results 1545mhz. Its not instant crash but i can play for hours with higher clocks but then crashes.Ive done tweaks in Nvidia Control pannel. Before the tools showed 1.250mv now 1.275mv.I know thats the most they can read but that shows improvement of at least 0.025mv. If that is the most I can get out a moded bios maybe Ill run with all built in bios without using OC tools.
Ill appreciate if you tweak my bios. Thanks
My ORIGINAL BIOS:
https://mega.nz/#!jhBHgT5A!DoHlBuwwMDnSYAmhc6F2YOJgiMCfqaJ8db_9Pbz_Gn0

ps I know many of the things you say but its still good to tell that to everybody smile.gif
Edited by n1kobg - 5/5/17 at 9:42am
post #7052 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post

Ok i agree but I cant find Palit thread for bios flashing. Thats why im writing everywhere with bios modders. My highest stable Boost clock is 1543mhz from these few days. I know for sure 1531mhz is stable. Yesterday I flashed it again with this bios: https://mega.nz/#!v5pjDS4Y!maFLUUGPHonR2V3gKkRNzfcK4mK59KzHuHiofsX_aOc
and achieve same results 1545mhz. Its not instant crash but i can play for hours with higher clocks but then crashes.Ive done tweaks in Nvidia Control pannel. Before the tools showed 1.250mv now 1.275mv.I know thats the most they can read but that shows improvement of at least 0.025mv. If that is the most I can get out a moded bios maybe Ill run with all built in bios without using OC tools.
Ill appreciate if you tweak my bios. Thanks
My ORIGINAL BIOS:
https://mega.nz/#!jhBHgT5A!DoHlBuwwMDnSYAmhc6F2YOJgiMCfqaJ8db_9Pbz_Gn0

ps I know many of the things you say but its still good to tell that to everybody smile.gif
I moddet your original bios.I saw you were running a 1.293V bios and thats a bit hight for 24/7 gaming and ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the extra xx mhz.

The moddet bios:
-core clock is 1531mhz boost disabled
-voltage is 1.268V
-power limit is 220W -im sure thats enough and I didnt want to push your pcie slot and both 6-pins too hard -also 220W is absulute max -> if you
go into software ,you cant raise TDP above 100%
-since you didnt give me any information about your memory clock, I left it at stock -you can set it to your max oc yourself

With this bios, you dont need any software
The first time you use it, monitor clocks, temps and test stability

You can set your mem oc here



GTX970ocnet2.zip 136k .zip file
post #7053 of 7109
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post


ps I know many of the things you say but its still good to tell that to everybody smile.gif

wink.gif Indeed I speak to the audience many times in my replies

thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minium View Post

I moddet your original bios.I saw you were running a 1.293V bios and thats a bit hight for 24/7 gaming and ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the extra xx mhz.


Aren't you supposed to be busy running FFXIV lachen.gif
post #7054 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

wink.gif Indeed I speak to the audience many times in my replies

thumb.gif
Aren't you supposed to be busy running FFXIV lachen.gif
Will run it later.Forgot it^^
post #7055 of 7109
Here it is
post #7056 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minium View Post

I moddet your original bios.I saw you were running a 1.293V bios and thats a bit hight for 24/7 gaming and ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the extra xx mhz.

The moddet bios:
-core clock is 1531mhz boost disabled
-voltage is 1.268V
-power limit is 220W -im sure thats enough and I didnt want to push your pcie slot and both 6-pins too hard -also 220W is absulute max -> if you
go into software ,you cant raise TDP above 100%
-since you didnt give me any information about your memory clock, I left it at stock -you can set it to your max oc yourself

With this bios, you dont need any software
The first time you use it, monitor clocks, temps and test stability

You can set your mem oc here



GTX970ocnet2.zip 136k .zip file

My RAM is 3500 goes up to 4250mhz but with the higher clocks idk.
This bios you gave me is my bios just modded right? I thought since its my bios its save to flash it without copy it and guess what happened?! Dead Card. I cpoied it & then flashed it but the card was dead again. I reflashed it with one of my bioses very similar to yours only higher voltages and Power Table (toned them down little bit) and the card works again.I appreciate the help man but your bios just dont work. Im glad the thing went that way because thats experience.
If you can send me something to read explaining the Maxwell Bios Tweaker & dependecies of the tables an voltages will be great.thanks.
post #7057 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post

My RAM is 3500 goes up to 4250mhz but with the higher clocks idk.
This bios you gave me is my bios just modded right? I thought since its my bios its save to flash it without copy it and guess what happened?! Dead Card. I cpoied it & then flashed it but the card was dead again. I reflashed it with one of my bioses very similar to yours only higher voltages and Power Table (toned them down little bit) and the card works again.I appreciate the help man but your bios just dont work. Im glad the thing went that way because thats experience.
If you can send me something to read explaining the Maxwell Bios Tweaker & dependecies of the tables an voltages will be great.thanks.
Never happened before.
Its pretty much impossible to mod a bios, flash it and the card wont boot.The changes were made to P00 state and thats full 3D mode (gaming or something) the cards desktop clocks or xy clocks were untouched.I think the card goes into P00 state while booting and it crashed cuz 1531 wasnt stable at 1.268V.Also your card could be voltage locked and nobody knows what real voltage the card got from the VRM.With the standard changes I made, the crad MUST BOOT if 1531 is "stable" at 1.268V.
My own bios is pretty similar to that and every bios tweaker would have done the exact same changes to your bios.It was pretty much the same bios you were using before the flash but with voltage set to 1.268 instead of 1.293.
Maybe Laithan can take a look at the bios and potentially find an error.
Edited by Minium - 5/6/17 at 6:08am
post #7058 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minium View Post

Never happened before.
Its pretty much impossible to mod a bios, flash it and the card wont boot.The changes were made to P00 state and thats full 3D mode (gaming or something) the cards desktop clocks or xy clocks were untouched.I think the card goes into P00 state while booting and it crashed cuz 1531 wasnt stable at 1.268V.Also your card could be voltage locked and nobody knows what real voltage the card got from the VRM.With the standard changes I made, the crad MUST BOOT if 1531 is "stable" at 1.268V.
My own bios is pretty similar to that and every bios tweaker would have done the exact same changes to your bios.It was pretty much the same bios you were using before the flash but with voltage set to 1.268 instead of 1.293.
Maybe Laithan can take a look at the bios and potentially find an error.

Im just glad everythinks ok smile.gif My original bios is at 1.262mv with 60 to74 max volts - 1.281 (second link). The 1.293 was a test version. I think my cards unlocks the voltage cap on 1.281 or 87mv but i see no difference. Maybe better stability, idk. Right now im on 1.287mv unlocked.

I have a question about NVFLASH. My method is isable the card and with mouse put the bios on the nvflash.exe After asking me "Y" or any key it gives me error:
COMMAND id:000E command:NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_VV failed
COMMAND status: NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE
Error: NV_CODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_VBIOS_VERIFI_BIOS_SIG_FAIL

then identifying EEPROM......and flashes. This is the version: NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.265_x64
Heres the bios im with now.I like it but i fear its too high voltage and power. I dont know what is the common values for unlocked 970s and its too much time to test. If you can tell me some frames/litits/bounderies. I know 1.287-1.293 is the highest cards on AIR can get but the individual CLKs... .link: https://mega.nz/#!WoQA3KZQ!s2LexYPC8bUSnwg086Q8DItJRBLaxCL-QnXqd7u8Ags
Edited by n1kobg - 5/6/17 at 7:07am
post #7059 of 7109
Thread Starter 
I would recommend just opening up the 970 G1 BIOS posted in the OP (any one, they are all the same) along side of YOUR BIOS and copy ALL settings from every tab, scroll down as needed, double-check not to miss even one setting. Save and then triple check all the values just to be sure.

I assume your GPU also has an 8+6 PCI-e for power so all the values would match up exactly.. no modifications needed for any values.
Voltage is 1.281v (the max for GM204 I would recommend). Voltage and power% sliders fully functional if you want to adjust voltage down you can.

Default core clock = 1291Mhz
Default boost = 1531Mhz

(with BOTH power% and voltage sliders maxxed and +0Mhz added)

Good luck
thumb.gif
post #7060 of 7109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

I would recommend just opening up the 970 G1 BIOS posted in the OP (any one, they are all the same) along side of YOUR BIOS and copy ALL settings from every tab, scroll down as needed, double-check not to miss even one setting. Save and then triple check all the values just to be sure.

I assume your GPU also has an 8+6 PCI-e for power so all the values would match up exactly.. no modifications needed for any values.
Voltage is 1.281v (the max for GM204 I would recommend). Voltage and power% sliders fully functional if you want to adjust voltage down you can.

Default core clock = 1291Mhz
Default boost = 1531Mhz

(with BOTH power% and voltage sliders maxxed and +0Mhz added)

Good luck
thumb.gif

My card has 2 6-pins. Ive done this with 1 recomended bios but i still had voltage cap. I can try this one too but this one is for 8 & 6 pins... so...?

What about question I have about NVFLASH. My method is disable the card and with mouse put the bios on the nvflash.exe After asking me "Y" or any key it gives me error:
COMMAND id:000E command:NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_VV failed
COMMAND status: NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE
Error: NV_CODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_VBIOS_VERIFI_BIOS_SIG_FAIL

then... identifying EEPROM......and flashes. This is the version: NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.265_x64
Is this normal or it limits somehow my flash ?????
Edited by n1kobg - 5/6/17 at 8:43am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐