Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX Titan X Maxwell reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX Titan X Maxwell reviews - Page 107  

post #1061 of 1345
Just got the shipping confirmation on a TitanX SuperClock. Excited to go back to a single gpu. The thing that makes the Titan worth it for me is its single gpu performance and virtually unlimited V-ram. We will see nothing that can compete with it for at least the next 12-18 months. The 980Ti and 390x may come close but in single gpu form TitanX will hold its crown and still maintain zero V-ram limitations.
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
post #1062 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post

I think the thing you're missing here mate it that people who buy Titan X do not care about this type of calculations , they want best GPU available and that's it, no amount of calculation is going to change it.
And we established long time ago that Titan X dos not offer very good value for money, want bang for a buck get 290X or similar.

I know, I'm still making the point that GPU prices are out of control and it's not like Titan X is price the way it is in isolation. As far as I can see there has been a general trend towards increasing GPU price in general. Does it occur to anyone that the Titan X should probably just be Nvidia's top end card that used to cost $5-600? There were never these premium $1,000 cards a few years ago. Instead the best single card from Nvidia competed with the best single card from AMD for about $500-600 dollars. For example, the 8800 GTX was something like a twofold increase in performance over the prior generation (which is quite a bit more of an increase than is offered by this card) and AFAIK it was priced at about $500-600.

My point is that this is not a positive trend for gamers, and people who kind of line up to buy these cards just to have "the best" (and I understand that) GPU are probably making the GPU market worse for both themselves and everyone else. $1000 for this card is pure marketing I would guess, and not representative of what they have to sell the card at to make a profit.

Point is, people should think more about how their actions affect things rather than just leaping to buy "the shiny new card! woot!" that will be outdated in a few months anyway.
Edited by Robertdt - 3/24/15 at 10:04am
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.7 ghz 1.34V Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI Twin Frozr III 7950  Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Swiftech H220x Windows 7 64 Bit Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 27" 2560x1440p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair TX 750W  Antec P280 Gigabyte M6980X 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZXR  Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.7 ghz 1.34V Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI Twin Frozr III 7950  Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Swiftech H220x Windows 7 64 Bit Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 27" 2560x1440p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair TX 750W  Antec P280 Gigabyte M6980X 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZXR  Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 
  hide details  
post #1063 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

Just got the shipping confirmation on a TitanX SuperClock. Excited to go back to a single gpu. The thing that makes the Titan worth it for me is its single gpu performance and virtually unlimited V-ram. We will see nothing that can compete with it for at least the next 12-18 months. The 980Ti and 390x may come close but in single gpu form TitanX will hold its crown and still maintain zero V-ram limitations.

See I don't know if I buy into the single card argument here. I know you are coming from a 690 which has been a great card (and I still have mine..lol), but sli has not been too much of an issue for me, until NV decided to take a dump on the drivers in favor of focusing its resources on Tegra or whatever... rolleyes.gif

The way I look at it, by the time you will start seeing any v-ram limitations beyond 4-6gb, i.e. by getting into a higher resolution such as 4k, etc, you will need to add another card to maintain the fps at min 60 at 4k. So, in other words, you will run out of grunt, before running out of vram.. this is just my opinion, as I have always preferred more horsepower over any sli issues (I know, I know crim would disagree... smile.gif

I am also not certain if TitanX will hold its "performance' crown against custom cards from EVGA, (Asus, etc, or even custom pcb for 390x?), as those cards will come with much beefier vram for over volting/ over clocking. Otherwise, there will no reason to introduce a custom pcb... just my two cents

But, I wish well to anyone who buys this card,and I am sure that they will enjoy it.... smile.gif
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
post #1064 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdt View Post

I know, I'm still making the point that GPU prices are out of control and it's not like Titan X is price the way it is in isolation. As far as I can see there has been a general trend towards increasing GPU price in general. Does it occur to anyone that the Titan X should probably just be Nvidia's top end card that used to cost $5-600? There were never these premium $1,000 cards a few years ago. Instead the best single card from Nvidia competed with the best single card from AMD for about $500-600 dollars. For example, the 8800 GTX was something like a twofold increase in performance over the prior generation (which is quite a bit more of an increase than is offered by this card) and AFAIK it was priced at about $500-600.

My point is that this is not a positive trend for gamers, and people who kind of line up to buy these cards just to have "the best" (and I understand that) GPU are probably making the GPU market worse for both themselves and everyone else. $1000 for this card is pure marketing I would guess, and not representative of what they have to sell the card at to make a profit.

Point is, people should think more about how their actions affect things rather than just leaping to buy "the shiny new card! woot!" that will be outdated in a few months anyway.

This point/argument/rant has been made several times already in various Titan threads. I'm not convinced by the argument either seeing you can buy AMD's top single GPU card atm for ~$300-$350 or their dual GPU for ~$600-$700. It is a bit tiresome quite frankly to told repeatedly "don't buy this, think of the effect of your actions." You're welcome to spend or not spend your money how you wish, please stop telling others either implicitly or explicitly how to spend theirs.

I should add I don't think any of the price naysayers are going to convince anyone looking to purchase one not to make the purchase, but you're all awfully close to convincing me to buy another...
Edited by CasualCat - 3/24/15 at 10:44am
Office rig
(25 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M9ACK EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Evo 840 1TB WD Black WD6401AALS WD Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT Samsung SH-S223Q DVD-R/W 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan X block AlphaCool XT45 360 AlphaCool UT60 240 Swiftech MCP655-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 x-res XSPC RayStorm Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Series Waterblock Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 BenQ BL3200PT (32" 2560x1440) Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
NZXT Switch 810 Corsair M65 CIG Aegis Goliath Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/92" 16:9 screen 
Other
HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600X Asrock X370 Professional Gaming Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme Edition G.Skill TridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
850 EVO 1TB WD 500GB Velociraptor Crucial MX300 1TB Corsair H105 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 4k TV Corsair AX860 Cooler Master HAF XB EVO 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Corsair Lapdog Pioneer SC-81 Epson Home Cinema 8350 
  hide details  
Office rig
(25 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M9ACK EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Evo 840 1TB WD Black WD6401AALS WD Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT Samsung SH-S223Q DVD-R/W 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan X block AlphaCool XT45 360 AlphaCool UT60 240 Swiftech MCP655-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 x-res XSPC RayStorm Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Series Waterblock Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 BenQ BL3200PT (32" 2560x1440) Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
NZXT Switch 810 Corsair M65 CIG Aegis Goliath Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/92" 16:9 screen 
Other
HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600X Asrock X370 Professional Gaming Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme Edition G.Skill TridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
850 EVO 1TB WD 500GB Velociraptor Crucial MX300 1TB Corsair H105 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 4k TV Corsair AX860 Cooler Master HAF XB EVO 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Corsair Lapdog Pioneer SC-81 Epson Home Cinema 8350 
  hide details  
post #1065 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualCat View Post

This point/argument/rant has been made several times already in various Titan threads. It is a bit tiresome quite frankly to told repeatedly "don't buy this, think of the effect of your actions." You're welcome to spend or not spend your money how you wish, please stop telling others either implicitly or explicitly how to spend theirs.

Well guess what dude, it's just been made again. Please stop trying to limit viewpoints and telling others what to say on this forum.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.7 ghz 1.34V Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI Twin Frozr III 7950  Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Swiftech H220x Windows 7 64 Bit Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 27" 2560x1440p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair TX 750W  Antec P280 Gigabyte M6980X 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZXR  Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.7 ghz 1.34V Asus Sabertooth Z77 MSI Twin Frozr III 7950  Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Swiftech H220x Windows 7 64 Bit Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 27" 2560x1440p  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair TX 750W  Antec P280 Gigabyte M6980X 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZXR  Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 
  hide details  
post #1066 of 1345
Repeating history has always been humanities downfall. smile.gif
post #1067 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nSone View Post

guys, what would you say is a better option - 2xSLI TitanOG @~900euro or a single TitanX @~1100?

I'd be using it for rendering and UE4, not that I really need FP64 but I'm primarily concerned on driver optimization and support

any opinions? you think that's a fair price for a TitanOG? They look good, not really pushed/OC etc...

Thank you!

 

While natively generated UE4 produced games will not support SLI, it can be done by those that plug it into the engine which everyone gets source code for. The Game "Daylight" engineered SLI support into their game. (on Steam)

 

Regarding the OG Titan's 6GB memory. It depends on what target you want to shoot for in the next couple years. 6GB "OG" or the potential of using 12GB with the "X". I'm personally betting on Titan X(2) SLI for my futureproof (damn good enough for me) option. They should arrive later today.

 

Been waiting a long time for a card to replace my original Titan that of course still runs "every" game now just fine. I also Octane Render from time to time and it will be nice to have the extra scene memory available. I've had extremely complex scenes to render over the last year and at times I have held back due to VRAM in the past, even on the OG Titan. 

 

I foresee no issues with the Titan X for me personally. I've owned an OG Titan for over 2 years now, and just purchased 2 "X" as I said.

post #1068 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

See I don't know if I buy into the single card argument here. I know you are coming from a 690 which has been a great card (and I still have mine..lol), but sli has not been too much of an issue for me, until NV decided to take a dump on the drivers in favor of focusing its resources on Tegra or whatever... rolleyes.gif

The way I look at it, by the time you will start seeing any v-ram limitations beyond 4-6gb, i.e. by getting into a higher resolution such as 4k, etc, you will need to add another card to maintain the fps at min 60 at 4k. So, in other words, you will run out of grunt, before running out of vram.. this is just my opinion, as I have always preferred more horsepower over any sli issues (I know, I know crim would disagree... smile.gif

I am also not certain if TitanX will hold its "performance' crown against custom cards from EVGA, (Asus, etc, or even custom pcb for 390x?), as those cards will come with much beefier vram for over volting/ over clocking. Otherwise, there will no reason to introduce a custom pcb... just my two cents

But, I wish well to anyone who buys this card,and I am sure that they will enjoy it.... smile.gif

Screen-Tearing, Frame-Drops, Driver-support, having to resale multiple cards when upgrading. TitanX has finally giving me a reason to go back to a single gpu. The original Titan didn't offer the performance over the 690 to warrant the upgrade. 980 was close but still didn't pack the performance I wanted. Amd is always dragging their feet and quite frankly I wouldn't purchase anything from them. The 390x will not match the TitanX in performance nor will any custom 390x.Rumor has it at $700+ with only 4gb of vram. If it does it will be much closer to Titan X's price tag and have to be overclocked to the point that its becomes a noisy red furnace spitting artifacts and constant blue screens. I'll take the stable factory clocked card for my gaming needs.. I'll pay the premium for an Nvidia product all day long as well. Just my 2cents.


This is all I need to see..............Vram limitations is not a Myth. 2gb kills the 690.
Edited by rcfc89 - 3/24/15 at 10:49am
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
post #1069 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdt View Post


Well guess what dude, it's just been made again. Please stop trying to limit viewpoints and telling others what to say on this forum.

He's free to tell others, just like you are free to tell him something as well.

 

We don't have to listen, is the key to it. :D

 

The Titan may go down in history as one of the most argued computer tech brands. Prior to the "Pockylypse."

post #1070 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoxt View Post

He's free to tell others, just like you are free to tell him something as well.

We don't have to listen, is the key to it. biggrin.gif

The Titan may go down in history as one of the most argued computer tech brands. Prior to the "Pockylypse."

There's a difference between "I won't buy this, it's too expensive" and "You shouldn't buy this, it's too expensive." Seems like there's a lot of the latter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX Titan X Maxwell reviews