Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club - Page 480

post #4791 of 11548
Managed to get ATI to send me UEFI compatible vBIOS for the Fury X. Huzzah. (and thus I'm finally rocking the M.2. boot drive)
post #4792 of 11548
I bought a Sapphire Fury today and so far am extremely impressed!


 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa666 View Post

Guys,

I really need some help today, if anyone knows the quality of the Fury X PCB and components used for VRM power delivery etc and can give me an answer in comparison with Asus Super Alloy II used in their Fury Strix please reply.

Also, what is the expected lifespan of an AIO solution such as the one on the Fury X? How is the quality compared to other similar AIO?

Reason I'm asking is because today is the last day I can return my Fury Strix for another card, and I'm looking at the Fury X or the Sapphire Fury.

Acoustics are important to me, it has to be relative silent, but quality and longevity is also up there since I plan to keep the card for 3-5 years depending on the demands of games being released.

Edit: Another question, what card of the Strix or the Sapphire Fury do you believe have the best quality fans on the gpu? Are they similar? Reason I returned my first fury strix was that the third fan started making a rattling noise after ten days of use.


I've spent about three hours with my ear to the Sapphire Fury, I really struggle with high pitched noises (hyperacusis) so component acoustics are extremely important to me.

The fan noise is extremely quiet. Previously, under full load, my GPU has always been the loudest thing in the case. But with this card, the Fractal Define case fans and BeQuiet cooler fans are louder than the fans on the Sapphire Fury. It's not an abrasive noise either, but a quiet hum. I can no longer easily tell if the GPU is under load or idle from how the computer sounds, which is excellent. There is no rattling to report yet.

From the reviews, what I was more worried about was VRM noise. At idle, there's no noise whatsoever. At load, if the case is open, I can hear what sounds like a fast clicking (it's not a whine, buzz is a closer word to describe it). If the case is closed I can still hear it, but only with my ear to the back vent.

I have spent quite a long time trying to get the best recording of the VRM noise. I put my mic right up with the PCB and under full load, but recorded immediately after the load was applied, so the card was under full load but the fans had not turned on yet so the noise was most noticeable. Even then, I needed to use the 'amplify' effect in audacity to hear it:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UC62RSaEaz

This card has no more VRM noise than my any of my previous cards (for reference, it sounds very much like the Asus GTX 760), so I'm OK with it. However, some people seem to have had coil whine with this card, so I suspect it's a bit of lottery. If you're worried then maybe you should buy from somewhere with an unwanted goods return policy?

post #4793 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorem Ipsum View Post


I've spent about three hours with my ear to the Sapphire Fury, I really struggle with high pitched noises (hyperacusis) so component acoustics are extremely important to me.


The fan noise is extremely quiet. Previously, under full load, my GPU has always been the loudest thing in the case. But with this card, the Fractal Define case fans and BeQuiet cooler fans are louder than the fans on the Sapphire Fury. It's not an abrasive noise either, but a quiet hum. I can no longer easily tell if the GPU is under load or idle from how the computer sounds, which is excellent. There is no rattling to report yet.


From the reviews, what I was more worried about was VRM noise. At idle, there's no noise whatsoever. At load, if the case is open, I can hear what sounds like a fast clicking (it's not a whine, buzz is a closer word to describe it). If the case is closed I can still hear it, but only with my ear to the back vent.


I have spent quite a long time trying to get the best recording of the VRM noise. I put my mic right up with the PCB and under full load, but recorded immediately after the load was applied, so the card was under full load but the fans had not turned on yet so the noise was most noticeable. Even then, I needed to use the 'amplify' effect in audacity to hear it:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UC62RSaEaz


This card has no more VRM noise than my any of my previous cards (for reference, it sounds very much like the Asus GTX 760), so I'm OK with it. However, some people seem to have had coil whine with this card, so I suspect it's a bit of lottery. If you're worried then maybe you should buy from somewhere with an unwanted goods return policy?


I have to say after having 4 sapphires in a row these are very quiet indeed. When loaded i can barely hear the cards and my case is open air right next to me bout 1ft and a half head level. If i were to complain about anything it would be the slosh every so often the cards make from the water inside. They easily rival my custom watercool kit on both noise and temps. I rarely seem them go over 45 or 50c.

This has to be the best build quality ive seen to date on a gpu. Granted its my first pre water cooled gpu. I love the led logos and usage meter on the card. It makes me want to keep my case side off just to look. I wonder if the coil noise some report really is related to the PSU. I thought for sure id run into one with whine or pump noise given the crap storm people stirred up.
post #4794 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff0000T34M View Post

DAI 6400x3600 settings used: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



in battle shots for fps snapshots
47.9fps Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
47.9fps Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
44.9 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
39.5fps Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

some random shots quality is only as good as the JPEGs sadly: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




usually its 50-60fps outside except in battle or very intense spots. rarely have i seen it go sub 40's yet. It plays pretty good so far, but this will be one of few games that seem to scale out to 4 cards. The screenshots don't do it any justice of course they are quality reduced jpg's and all that.

On the crossover 44k i am using 2x2 eyefinity on 4 split screen. so i get 1.1 pixel ratios at 1080 per quadrant. The scaling is really good above that however i am sure i'm limited by PPI after that. I can say depending on the game textures do look quite better than say 1080, and marginally better than standard 4k. The biggest improvement is aliasing thanks to down sampling. At any rate this isn't much for demo but fury does have some power behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff0000T34M View Post

quadfire furyx up and running, havent done much but here are some heaven benches

4k used top 30 thread settings(4k, 2x tess:extreme/ultra Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
accidental obddball resolutions 2048x1536 max/ultra Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1080 max/ultra Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Cpu is still stock cause im on air ATM. havent had time to revamp my watercool setup since it had 290s in with cpu.

Edited for spoilers

Sir, I want to see your build, share some pictures? biggrin.gif
post #4795 of 11548
So has anyone here had success with voltage on the HBM? I pushed mine from 1.35V to 1.375V and that did absolutely nothing for clocks. I think you need to go bellow 0 to get the HBM to scale.
post #4796 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildzoid View Post

So has anyone here had success with voltage on the HBM? I pushed mine from 1.35V to 1.375V and that did absolutely nothing for clocks. I think you need to go bellow 0 to get the HBM to scale.

How did you do that? New version of MSI AB or something similar available now?
post #4797 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewness View Post

How did you do that? New version of MSI AB or something similar available now?

I figured out how to hard mod the reference PCB Fury cards for VHBM and VCC. If the 290X is anything to go by the Fury will never get support for HBM voltage control in software. VCC should be supported in software some time soon. W1zz has a version of Trixx that supports it it's just a matter of time before Sapphire releases it.

Here's the guide I made for volt modding the reference Fury and Fury X PCB. I didn't want to post it since someone already posted it in the Voltmod sub forum so I figured everyone here knew about it.
post #4798 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildzoid View Post

I figured out how to hard mod the reference PCB Fury cards for VHBM and VCC. If the 290X is anything to go by the Fury will never get support for HBM voltage control in software. VCC should be supported in software some time soon. W1zz has a version of Trixx that supports it it's just a matter of time before Sapphire releases it.

Here's the guide I made for volt modding the reference Fury and Fury X PCB. I didn't want to post it since someone already posted it in the Voltmod sub forum so I figured everyone here knew about it.

Wish I could do that....sad-smiley-002.gif
post #4799 of 11548
Guys,

HAS ANYONE USED THE XFX Triple D Fury??

I have a good opportunity for a great price on one and would love some input....
Daddy's Gamer
(15 items)
 
Son's Gamer
(13 items)
 
PROJECT WIFEY
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 @ 5GHz Asus 990FX Sabertooth Rev 2.0 MSI Gaming 390X G. Skill Trident X 4x4GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 3  LEPA 240AC Windows 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 55UB8500 55" 4K 3D TV Logitech MK350 Rosewill HIVE 850 NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech G700s Aukey Smooth 36" Gaming Pad Logitech Driving Force GT  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X6 1065T @ 4GHz - 1.45v MSI 970 Gaming XFX DD 7870 Black Edition @ 1200/1500 G. Skill Trident-X 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ADATA SP550 240GB SSD Lite On 24x DVD  Corsair H80i Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
46" 1080P LED TV Raidmax RX850 Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Pink 
  hide details  
Reply
Daddy's Gamer
(15 items)
 
Son's Gamer
(13 items)
 
PROJECT WIFEY
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 @ 5GHz Asus 990FX Sabertooth Rev 2.0 MSI Gaming 390X G. Skill Trident X 4x4GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 3  LEPA 240AC Windows 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 55UB8500 55" 4K 3D TV Logitech MK350 Rosewill HIVE 850 NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech G700s Aukey Smooth 36" Gaming Pad Logitech Driving Force GT  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X6 1065T @ 4GHz - 1.45v MSI 970 Gaming XFX DD 7870 Black Edition @ 1200/1500 G. Skill Trident-X 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ADATA SP550 240GB SSD Lite On 24x DVD  Corsair H80i Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
46" 1080P LED TV Raidmax RX850 Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Pink 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4800 of 11548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

Guys,

HAS ANYONE USED THE XFX Triple D Fury??

I have a good opportunity for a great price on one and would love some input....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150757

Seems pretty decent. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club