Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club - Page 692

post #6911 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

I was thinking I had to get a Fury in order to max out games at 2560x1440. Apparently I don't, which means I should save money now since the card is going to be a holdover anyway.

I wouldn't even look at new if you don't care. I have seen the occasional 290/290x for good prices on the forums and ebay. Some going from 180-230 USD depending on 290 or 290x and if it's a reference design or not.
post #6912 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

I'm not keen on messing with watercooling unless it's built-in. Is the nano worth the premium over a 390 that the other person suggested? A 980Ti would defeat the purpose of saving money now for later purchases given it costs in excess of $600.

A lot of users would vouch for the nano being the best pick out of all the fiji cards. But I would still honestly recommend team green, Pay a little more, have a phenomenal amount more of overclock headroom and not have a violin play every time you play a game. From what I saw briefly on newegg, the difference between a nano and 980ti is $109 USD, To me, The better choice is obvious.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6913 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonischarles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

I'm not keen on messing with watercooling unless it's built-in. Is the nano worth the premium over a 390 that the other person suggested? A 980Ti would defeat the purpose of saving money now for later purchases given it costs in excess of $600.

A lot of users would vouch for the nano being the best pick out of all the fiji cards. But I would still honestly recommend team green, Pay a little more, have a phenomenal amount more of overclock headroom and not have a violin play every time you play a game. From what I saw briefly on newegg, the difference between a nano and 980ti is $109 USD, To me, The better choice is obvious.
If this weren't a holdover card, absolutely. But if even an R9 390 handles my intermediate needs as others have suggested, it would be dumb to buy a 980, let alone a Fury, when the $100+ could go to next generation dual cards.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6914 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

If this weren't a holdover card, absolutely. But if even an R9 390 handles my intermediate needs as others have suggested, it would be dumb to buy a 980, let alone a Fury, when the $100+ could go to next generation dual cards.

Well in that case, avoid a new card and buy a second hand card that will see you over for the time being smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6915 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post



Ordered the XG2700 this morning will be here Wensday. First 4K Async with HDMI 2.0 to support full UHD at 60 Hz. smile.gif
Congrats smile.gif

Ok, now that I have settled in on my video card vendor going forward (and what a relief, actually this is one consumer discretionary purchase that makes me feel really good, instead of just feeling good for teh sake of acquiring and owning something..lol), I am trying to decipher the whole hdmi 2.0, display port 3.0, etc for async/freesync vrr monitors. I tried to do quickly google it, but it seems like it's gonna take a bit more brain damage to pick the right display to go with this card, and more importantly with my Polaris build, whenever the big Polaris is released. Do yo mind me asking how did you narrow your choice down to this particular model? I know that you do thorough research on your purchases, so I figured I would start my process by soliciting your input. Tks. smile.gif
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6916 of 11350
Quote:

Well, I only fight for ME ...lol tongue.gif

But, benching can be fun, I still have my phase cooler, but it is a lot of work to prep everything, if you don't bench like some of the other pros here... lol
Has anyone tried freezing the Fury/Furyx and does anyone know if it scales at all with cold?
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6917 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephimports View Post

To disable ULPS, use regedit. Find all instances of EnableULPS and set to zero then restart.

To enable memory OC on 2nd card using AB, you will have to disable or remove the 1st card. Then go into settings in AB and enable the extended oc limits option. For some reason, AB does not apply this setting to both cards simultaneously .

Another option is to use Trixx, as it OC's memory on both cards just fine.

Thanks for the Trixx tip. It now works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximization View Post

yeah I can't overclock memory at all, TRIXX crashes on my system can only use AB.

I might go back to AB is Trixx acts up on me but will try the other tips from the quote above.
post #6918 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

Well, I only fight for ME ...lol tongue.gif

But, benching can be fun, I still have my phase cooler, but it is a lot of work to prep everything, if you don't bench like some of the other pros here... lol
Has anyone tried freezing the Fury/Furyx and does anyone know if it scales at all with cold?

Well my card doesn't go over 35 degrees ~, And I cant get higher than 1170/550, so I wouldn't think that Temperature is the restricting factor on these cards
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i5-6600K Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 AMD Fury X Corsair LP 2 x 4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung M.2 NVME SSD 256GB Custom Loop Windows 10 Benq 27" 1440p Freesync 
PowerCase
Silverstone 600W SFX PSU Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6919 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

Ok, now that I have settled in on my video card vendor going forward (and what a relief, actually this is one consumer discretionary purchase that makes me feel really good, instead of just feeling good for teh sake of acquiring and owning something..lol), I am trying to decipher the whole hdmi 2.0, display port 3.0, etc for async/freesync vrr monitors. I tried to do quickly google it, but it seems like it's gonna take a bit more brain damage to pick the right display to go with this card, and more importantly with my Polaris build, whenever the big Polaris is released. Do yo mind me asking how did you narrow your choice down to this particular model? I know that you do thorough research on your purchases, so I figured I would start my process by soliciting your input. Tks. smile.gif

Ok so best to explain it,
Quote:
"HDMI 2.0 increases the maximum TMDS per channel throughput from 3.4 Gbit/s to 6 Gbit/s which allows for a maximum total TMDS throughput of 18 Gbit/s.[146] This allows HDMI 2.0 to carry 4K resolution at 60 frames per second (fps)"

In short, prior to this you'd be actually playing 4K at 30 FPS max because HDMI 1.4a only supports 4K UHD only to 30 Hz. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

HDMI 2.0 supports 4K UHD up to 60 Hz refresh rate and will get 60 FPS gaming now. specool.gif

So all monitors equipped with HDMI 2.0 regardless of synchronization is what you want on 4K UHD or don't buy it.

I'm speculating Async should work from at the least 30-60 FPS range, hoping even lower. It looks like without reviews I'm taking a leap of faith and will be early adopter but I'm feeling confident. As Newegg Premier member I will be using it to my advantage if needed. Will be putting under the microscope ritual for the normal defects like bad back light bleed, visible IPS glow when gaming or watching movies and the normal dead pixel hunt which can't be unseen once seen. whistle.gif

Finally next step if I'm not mistaken will be HDMI 3.0 which will take 4K UHD to 120 Hz and 120 FPS. Expecting not one of those monitors will be in my price range and not one GPU will rule them all for at least a few years to come. Hope that helps.


Will be posting results in the ViewSonic XG2700 4K Asyc IPS Discussion Thread

UPDATE: I chose it because it's the only 4K Async monitor out with HDMI 2.0 (just released) and ViewSonic doesn't have bad history with panels. Nothing superb but I'd rate it above ASUS monitor quality control and or in line or slightly better than Dell IMO.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #6920 of 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonischarles View Post

Well my card doesn't go over 35 degrees ~, And I cant get higher than 1170/550, so I wouldn't think that Temperature is the restricting factor on these cards

Ok. Thanks, guess I won't be busting out my phase cooler until big Polaris then..lol
Sure, it would be fun to bench against my ex-comrades who might still be on Nvidia platform biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Ok so best to explain it,


In short, prior to this you'd be actually playing 4K at 30 FPS max because HDMI 1.4a only supports 4K UHD only to 30 Hz. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

HDMI 2.0 supports 4K UHD up to 60 Hz refresh rate and will get 60 FPS gaming now. specool.gif

So all monitors equipped with HDMI 2.0 regardless of synchronization is what you want on 4K UHD or don't buy it.

I'm speculating Async should work from at the least 30-60 FPS range, hoping even lower. It looks like without reviews I'm taking a leap of faith and will be early adopter but I'm feeling confident. As Newegg Premier member I will be using it to my advantage if needed. Will be putting under the microscope ritual for the normal defects like bad back light bleed, visible IPS glow when gaming or watching movies and the normal dead pixel hunt which can't be unseen once seen. whistle.gif

Finally next step if I'm not mistaken will be HDMI 3.0 which will take 4K UHD to 120 Hz and 120 FPS. Expecting not one of those monitors will be in my price range and not one GPU will rule them all for at least a few years to come. Hope that helps.


Will be posting results in the ViewSonic XG2700 4K Asyc IPS Discussion Thread

UPDATE: I chose it because it's the only 4K Async monitor out with HDMI 2.0 (just released) and ViewSonic doesn't have bad history with panels. Nothing superb but I'd rate it above ASUS monitor quality control and or in line or slightly better than Dell IMO.

Thanks, yes it is helpful thumb.gif kind a like a coles notes version smile.gif
Will be keeping an eye on your review/discussion thread.
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club