Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club - Page 895

post #8941 of 11511
Anyone tested whether the new Wattman overclock panel works for us FuryX owners? I surely wish it can.
post #8942 of 11511
unfortunately NO.
post #8943 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezone View Post

unfortunately NO.

Did you try? Damn it! I really wanted that!
post #8944 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

Did you try? Damn it! I really wanted that!

For me, just the old interface showed up. I'm disappointed too.

I'm watching the live stream on PCPER right now and their discussing it related to RX 480.
post #8945 of 11511
I am sure we can get it working for FuryX. Hell there are BIOS mods out there which is even more hardcore than this.
post #8946 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGoose View Post

So I was thinking of buying the Fury X given newegg's great deal on the XFX version (only 460 bucks), but I wanted to check with other owners of the card first and see how its doing. I know at launch there were a lot of concerns about coil whine and micro stutter. How are the cards you guys own faring and would you say that these issues have been largely resolved? Any long term issues that have popped up that we weren't previously aware of?

Thanks for the info!

I have a Nano myself. it's quite except for the fan. I haven't heard too much about coil or pump noise on newer units. so you are probably safe unless they are old sku's

Newer drivers have helped also.
Edited by bluezone - 6/29/16 at 11:29am
post #8947 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezone View Post



I have a Nano myself. it's quite except for the fan. I haven't heard too much about coil or pump noise on newer units. so you are probably safe unless they are old sku's

Newer drivers have helped also.

Thanks for the info.

Anybody have micro stutter issues?
post #8948 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGoose View Post

So I was thinking of buying the Fury X given newegg's great deal on the XFX version (only 460 bucks), but I wanted to check with other owners of the card first and see how its doing. I know at launch there were a lot of concerns about coil whine and micro stutter. How are the cards you guys own faring and would you say that these issues have been largely resolved? Any long term issues that have popped up that we weren't previously aware of?

Thanks for the info!

I've had the XFX Fury-X since launch day. My card came with the original pump design exhibiting the pump whine, but they acknowledged the issue with a revised pump. I didn't pursue the option to replace the pump and my card has since lost the noise.

Performance has been great for me. I usually run games in native 3440x1440 resolution if the game supports it. It runs most games on highest settings at 60 FPS, but I typically change some options like AA or disabling Gameworks.
Some may say that the 4GB of HBM might not be a wise choice, but I haven't run into any issues being limited by the 4GB at my native resolution so far. The card runs cool and quiet, and I don't think that I will ever go back to air cooled GPUs.

If you are looking for an overclocking beast, it might let you down. It's not a huge priority for me, but I do it for fun as a hobby and with the performance it gives at stock, it's not necessary.

I have been extremely satisfied with it for this past year. Performance seems to improve with every driver revision. I think the deal you are mentioning is not bad if you have the right expectations. If you value a cool, quiet and stable card and understand that it is going to underperform compared to a slightly less expensive air cooled 1070 with higher VRAM, you will probably be happy also.
TOOLBOX
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4Ghz ASUS X99-DELUXE II Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Waterforce 1080 Ti 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512GB  Western Digital Red 3TB Western Digital Red 3TB Noctua DH-14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM98 3440x1440 Logitch G710+ Brown Seasonic 850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake Core V71 Logitech Proteus Core 
  hide details  
Reply
TOOLBOX
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4Ghz ASUS X99-DELUXE II Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Waterforce 1080 Ti 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512GB  Western Digital Red 3TB Western Digital Red 3TB Noctua DH-14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM98 3440x1440 Logitch G710+ Brown Seasonic 850W 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake Core V71 Logitech Proteus Core 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8949 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTom View Post

I've had the XFX Fury-X since launch day. My card came with the original pump design exhibiting the pump whine, but they acknowledged the issue with a revised pump. I didn't pursue the option to replace the pump and my card has since lost the noise.

Performance has been great for me. I usually run games in native 3440x1440 resolution if the game supports it. It runs most games on highest settings at 60 FPS, but I typically change some options like AA or disabling Gameworks.
Some may say that the 4GB of HBM might not be a wise choice, but I haven't run into any issues being limited by the 4GB at my native resolution so far. The card runs cool and quiet, and I don't think that I will ever go back to air cooled GPUs.

If you are looking for an overclocking beast, it might let you down. It's not a huge priority for me, but I do it for fun as a hobby and with the performance it gives at stock, it's not necessary.

I have been extremely satisfied with it for this past year. Performance seems to improve with every driver revision. I think the deal you are mentioning is not bad if you have the right expectations. If you value a cool, quiet and stable card and understand that it is going to underperform compared to a slightly less expensive air cooled 1070 with higher VRAM, you will probably be happy also.

Thanks Tom. Sounds perfect.
post #8950 of 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

I am sure we can get it working for FuryX. Hell there are BIOS mods out there which is even more hardcore than this.

Last night tested Crimson v16.6.2 and like bluezone saw OD interface rather than WattMan.

Also mucked around editing driver install inf, but still no go.

From few reviews WattMan limits VID increase to 1150mV on RX 480, this may mean owners still use 3rd party apps/bios mod/volt mod to gain more if card has potential/better cooling solution.

2-3 people have posted on AMD Community asking WattMan should support other cards aswell, perhaps join the Rebellion wink.gif.
The Stilt Machine
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
The Stilt Machine
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club