Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club - Page 378

post #3771 of 4125
give it a shot you can always return if not happy
post #3772 of 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3321J6 View Post

give it a shot you can always return if not happy
Well I bought one from a guy on reddit who had one dead pixel. I have a dead pixel on my shimian monitor and don't even see it, so lets see how it goes.
post #3773 of 4125
- What si the standard warranty for Acer monitors ?
2 years for XB series ?

-What is the ACER Dead Pixel Policy ?

I am afraid when i read this link ISO 13406-2 Guidelines for LCD Pixel Defects
and this link Zero Bright Dots guaranteed
ZBD“ feature Monitors only, Zero Bright Dots guaranteed for 3 months after purchase
It means you won t be able to ask for an exchange until you have 16 dead pixels mad.gif
Quote:
2.1.5 minor defects of LCD displays occurring in Systems equipped with LCD display technology, provided that
there shall not be more than four (4) defective pixels per million pixels on a given LCD display, and provided
further that, if the display panel is divided into nine (9) equal rectangular areas, there shall be no more than one
defective pixel in the central area of the display.
post #3774 of 4125
I'm having an issue with my now 9 month old XB270HU, there seems to be some weird pixel ghosting issue happening, I can replicate it by showing this pattern.

As you can see in this image, when that specific pattern is shown, that entire horizontal pixel line changes colour, does anyone else have this?
post #3775 of 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicsebba View Post

I'm having an issue with my now 9 month old XB270HU, there seems to be some weird pixel ghosting issue happening, I can replicate it by showing this pattern.

As you can see in this image, when that specific pattern is shown, that entire horizontal pixel line changes colour, does anyone else have this?

Ya, I see that as well, but not nearly as bad as it looks like on the photo. An odd thing I noticed is that it only happens when the image is ~>50% on my XB270HU. When ~50% of the image is on my secondary monitor I dont see it. It also gets worst the more of the image is on the XB270.

I'v also discovered an issue of my own. 3 times in the past week I'v had the monitor (and twice in 24hrs) I'v turned the monitor on to see that about every-other vertical line is messed up or missing (like a game with super crappy or no AA).

Samples taken with my crappy cellphone: http://imgur.com/5ShP9uJ http://imgur.com/Bctzp14 http://imgur.com/wsCZZXy

The only way I'v been able to fix this is by rebooting my PC. I have tried unpluging the Displayport cable but that just makes my second monitor get "all ****ed up" (flashing grey with part of it white).

Edit: changed picture links.
Edited by Ifandbut - 2/12/16 at 1:39pm
post #3776 of 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by duganator View Post

Well I bought one from a guy on reddit who had one dead pixel. I have a dead pixel on my shimian monitor and don't even see it, so lets see how it goes.
yea dead pixel you will never notice its stuck ones that stick out.
Edited by C3321J6 - 2/12/16 at 7:37am
post #3777 of 4125
@C3321J6
I wouldn't say that. It depends on the user.
Imo dead pixels are pretty noticeable @106ppi. If this was an UHD monitor @27", then it would be 163ppi and not noticeable at all.
But if duganator doesn't care about the one dead pixel on his shimian monitor, then I think he won't care about the one on the xb270hu tongue.gif

Its just an user thing. But it also depends on where its located. If the dead pixel is somewhere near the edge of the monitor, then I think I would be fine with it too. But if its somewhere near the middle, then it would be pretty awful.
post #3778 of 4125
Looking at upgrading monitor and found this one on Newegg. It is a TN panel of this model but I cannot find anything else online about it not even on Acer's site as any searches pull the IPS model?? Any feedback on the TN one anyone cause the sale price ends in 1 day for it? I'm wanting to upgrade from Asus 144hz VG248QE 24 inch and really am more interested in Gsync for upgrading. At my local Microcenter there is a 24 inch Acer 144hz Gsync 1920x1080p for $349.99 but the price of this one to go bigger screen and jump resolution to 2560x1440 and 144hz with Gsync seems like great deal. Thanks for any feedback its much appreciated!

TN Panel-XB270HU Abprz-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009848&cm_re=Acer_XB270HU-_-24-009-848-_-Product

IPS Panel-Acer XB270HU bprz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742&cm_re=Acer_XB270HU-_-24-009-742-_-Product

link to Microcenter one-
http://www.microcenter.com/product/443197/24_1080p_Full_HD_3D_Gaming_Monitor_-_XB240H
post #3779 of 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post

I'v also discovered an issue of my own. 3 times in the past week I'v had the monitor (and twice in 24hrs) I'v turned the monitor on to see that about every-other vertical line is messed up or missing (like a game with super crappy or no AA).

Samples taken with my crappy cellphone: http://imgur.com/5ShP9uJ http://imgur.com/Bctzp14 http://imgur.com/wsCZZXy

The only way I'v been able to fix this is by rebooting my PC. I have tried unpluging the Displayport cable but that just makes my second monitor get "all ****ed up" (flashing grey with part of it white).

Edit: changed picture links.

Just FYI, I've had this happen on my old HP ZR2740w, the pixel shift thing got more and more frequent until the entire panel would randomly go black (not from signal loss or power failure).

I'd suggest you RMA it if you can.
post #3780 of 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post

Ya, I see that as well, but not nearly as bad as it looks like on the photo. An odd thing I noticed is that it only happens when the image is ~>50% on my XB270HU. When ~50% of the image is on my secondary monitor I dont see it. It also gets worst the more of the image is on the XB270.

I'v also discovered an issue of my own. 3 times in the past week I'v had the monitor (and twice in 24hrs) I'v turned the monitor on to see that about every-other vertical line is messed up or missing (like a game with super crappy or no AA).

Samples taken with my crappy cellphone: http://imgur.com/5ShP9uJ http://imgur.com/Bctzp14 http://imgur.com/wsCZZXy

The only way I'v been able to fix this is by rebooting my PC. I have tried unpluging the Displayport cable but that just makes my second monitor get "all ****ed up" (flashing grey with part of it white).

Edit: changed picture links.

I have the exactly same issue!
If this happens to me, I can fix it with unplugging the DP cable and plug it in again.
But I'm also wondering why this happens, I mean I'll still RMA my XB270HU because of 3 dust spots but I think I'll mention that too on my RMA note.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club