Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU News thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FrozenCPU News thread - Page 36

post #351 of 608
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

@Cyber Locc

As confirmed in this thread...

http://www.overclock.net/forum/newestpost/1214130

Go to the last page and you will see. wink.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

That references the Deepcool Genome I know about that case, however that isn't barrow.

Also I really cant hate on Deepcool for that one, as the Frozen Q reservoir not only stole that design as well.....

That reservoir is a recreation of the T Virus from resident evil it was never there IP to begin with.



So I mean stealing from a thief is kinda ehhh. Nothing against Frozen Q it was a great idea to make a Tvirus reservoir gamers ate it up. I am just saying it wasn't that original so I dont see anything wrong with Deepcool using the same idea.

Deep cool didn't even use there reservoir design at all, they stole the IP of Resident Evil, just like Frozen Q did.

And to be 100% honest there way of doing was alot better than Frozen Qs, as they at least played homage to RE kind of. The cases name is the Genome, The Tvirus is a Genome Virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

There are several problems with this stance though.

First off and most importantly is that the movie company never made a Reservoir.
Didn't design them to hold and distribute coolant.
They were simply a prop for the movie.

Now if I take the look and adapt it into a working product and add a light to it, I have made it mine by altering the design. However, that being said, if I were to take that design and make a movie and make money off that movie, well then THAT would be straight up stealing. Which is why I am completely against knockoffs. THe people who are making them know that they're stealing.

So yeah I have a problem with Deepcool for having the clankers to do business with a company who they KNOW is selling knockoff items. It hurts the industry imho. Yeah it doesn't seem like it, but eventually we will hit a point where absolutely nothing is safe from being knocked off(pretty much there now) and it would cost a veritable fortune to fight against it. Businesses will start going under because they cannot compete against those who've stolen from them and material costs will drive them out of business.

It's not fair to anybody, regardless of who it is, to support knockoffs. But there will always be somebody who wouldn't even think twice at paying less for what they think is the genuine article. And until people start checking themselves, knockoffs will continue to thrive. We know where the bulk of this is coming from but nobody wants to stop it, it seems. mellowsmiley.gif

Edit: Also I do not recall saying that it was Barrows who did this. So let's try to stay off that tangent. I was simply saying that it was another knockoff. Maybe I was not clear on what I was saying though, so I will accept blame on this. smile.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

Okay but see thats the problem, the T virus was designed to hold water (and it was a game before a movie smile.gif). Making a reservoir out of something that is already in existence is not designing and engineering anything but a tube. I could take a T Virus prop and put 2 holes in and have a reservoir, that is not IP theft in anyway at all.

The reservoir in the deep cool is no where near the same as that of the Frozen Q, the only similarity is the tubes in the center well guess what those are the same tubes used in the movie props. in no way is a deep cool Genomes reservoir a knock off of a T Virus, you cannot create something to loop like a prop from a movie then get mad when someone else uses the same idea it just doesn't work that.

The Genomes reservoir was designed to look like the T Virus not the Frozen Q which was also designed to look like the T Virus.

I feel you are making this out to be more than it is. I will say again, its a rectangle box with round corners. What about all the cylinders reservoirs on the market and who they all knocked off to make those, that is what you sound like. I know its easy to put blinders on because you like a brand I do it too at times, however reality is Deepcool has done nothing wrong at all.

"Also I do not recall saying that it was Barrows who did this. So let's try to stay off that tangent. I was simply saying that it was another knockoff. Maybe I was not clear on what I was saying though, so I will accept blame on this. smile.gif" That was the way I read it, however I could have been misinterpreting what you said, no ones fault just a miscommunication, however Geggeg also mentioned it so maybe there was a barrow version.

All that said if this would have been the one with 4 helix's or the bay version, this would be a completely different conversation and I would agree with you. You are looking at like they stole Frozen Qs design however it is obvious that was not there intent, there intent was to recreate the T Virus, which they did its not there fault that Frozen Q also had done that.

If this was theft in anyway then so is anyone that has made a barb fitting or a compression fitting a right angel adapter ect. They are all very similar to each other so they all stole each others designs right? You cannot cherry pic stuff like that, just because this reservoir has some tubes running through it doesn't mean they stole anything from Frozen Q at all, it does not have the same ports, the same internals ect. They engineered there own version of a T Virus that is a reservoir as well.

Now with barrow and thermal take stealing designs down to every last detail that is different and I can agree that is wrong.
hahahaha i wanted to say thanks, i have been laughing for , i dunno the last 5 min straight.

i just want to get this straight, your argument is " in the movie they...."

has that line ever worked, lets try, cause in the movie they flew, without wings, weeeeee


epic argument ! thanks so much
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #352 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Didn't mean to imply that you said that geggeg, but Frozen-Q did, here is the quote and link to the post.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1214130/ocn-frozenq-reservoir-owners-club/2060#post_24886843

"Please be aware of this when purchasing one of our reservoirs, and ensure that you are not being sold a knock off item branded as our own."

Yeah I see what you mean. I don't know if that's what he meant, but you are right in that I haven't seen anything from Barrow/Deepcool who have explicitly said Frozen-Q.
post #353 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Frozen-Q in that link by geggeg said Barrow was marketing thier res as Frozen-Q, which is a blantent lie until I see proof. Frozen-Q sounds like another CL "you stole my toy" whine and cry. If someone steals your toy go get it back, which in this case means you have the legal authority of protection to do so, but if you don't have that authority then accusations are meaningless. Humanity is a society of laws after all, not temper tantrums.

All the big water cooling manufacturers are jumping on Barrow lately. Why? Because Barrow gives you quality at a reduced price. We'll I'm all for that, if the FQ or EK or BP owner can't afford that Porsche because of Barrow, I don't care. I can afford my life because of Barrow and still have my hobby passion, AND that is what matters to the 90%!
well as of now, this makes another against barrow, and just judging from the builds i have seen most if not all dont trust barrow, i would put it at ~ 2% at most, so i dunno where you magically pull out 90% from.
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #354 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

I would disagree, in the case of watercooling parts stuff doesnt move that fast. If this was new egg than yes, also in the case of EOL it would be better if they could be trusted.

Some products as of late have been EOLed with out good reason such as the old style D5 pump tops from EK. they were replaced by the revo tops that not only perform not as well but look horrid. Like I said its all fine and good until you need something that no one else has the issue here is the monopoly that PPCs now have. I need a few 5 point rotatory by BP well PPCs doesn't have them and haven't had them. FCPU does and I need them.

For now, but how long will that last? Not many people want to spend 100's to water cool older GPUs.

Yes, they have things that are no longer stocked but unless Mark paid his debts they will not be adding anything new. How long can this business model continue?
RZA
(29 items)
 
GZA
(28 items)
 
Ol' Dirty Bastard
(32 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
RZA
(29 items)
 
GZA
(28 items)
 
Ol' Dirty Bastard
(32 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #355 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hahahaha i wanted to say thanks, i have been laughing for , i dunno the last 5 min straight.

i just want to get this straight, your argument is " in the movie they...."

has that line ever worked, lets try, cause in the movie they flew, without wings, weeeeee


epic argument ! thanks so much

You are not even making any since at all, I stated the movies prop was designed to hold water and it did hold water. How does this in anyway correlate to what you are talking or that of people flying ????

Reservoir - a receptacle or part of a machine designed to hold fluid.

A T Virus was designed both on cam and off to hold water therefor it was a reservoir, before and after Frozen Q made there version the OG movie prop is still a reservoir. Which could easily have holes tapped and be turned into a watercooling reservoir.

As usual you prove you just want to fight with me for zero reason at all. However hey you won I replied, so enjoy. Anxiously awaiting the days of the block list revision, where I do not have to see your posts in any shape or form..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus NM View Post

For now, but how long will that last? Not many people want to spend 100's to water cool older GPUs.

Yes, they have things that are no longer stocked but unless Mark paid his debts they will not be adding anything new. How long can this business model continue?

Ahh Okay, I get what your saying now, yes I agree. I also wish they would just liquidate everything they have and be gone lol.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 2/14/16 at 7:40pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #356 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Frozen-Q in that link by geggeg said Barrow was marketing thier res as Frozen-Q, which is a blantent lie until I see proof. Frozen-Q sounds like another CL "you stole my toy" whine and cry. If someone steals your toy go get it back, which in this case means you have the legal authority of protection to do so, but if you don't have that authority then accusations are meaningless. Humanity is a society of laws after all, not temper tantrums.

All the big water cooling manufacturers are jumping on Barrow lately. Why? Because Barrow gives you quality at a reduced price. We'll I'm all for that, if the FQ or EK or BP owner can't afford that Porsche because of Barrow, I don't care. I can afford my life because of Barrow and still have my hobby passion, AND that is what matters to the 90%!
well as of now, this makes another against barrow, and just judging from the builds i have seen most if not all dont trust barrow, i would put it at ~ 2% at most, so i dunno where you magically pull out 90% from.

Guess what I was trying to say is most people would rather save a buck and still have quality parts than pay an arm and a leg just to support a name brand. I personally love all water cooling manufacturers and use them when it SUITS ME, not just because the manufacturers/fanboys think they're the be all end all.
 
Spare Parts
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 750 Lynnfield Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 ASUS Strix GTX 960 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial BX100 SSD 500GB EKWB EK-KIT L120 Corsair SP120 Koolance 2x140mm Radiator HX-CU1402V 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair AF140 Bitspower VG-NGTX960 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung Curved 27" S27D590C 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Apevia Iceburg 680 watts Apevia X-Sniper 2 EVGA Torq X3 Laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9750 ASUS M3A78-CM PNY XLR8 GTX 460 Corsair XMS2 (4 x 1GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingPower
Hitachi 5K500 Silenx 92mm EFFIZIO Corsair SP 120 Red LED Antec 500watt 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6400 Skylake ASRock A170A-X1/3.1 Gigabye G1 Gaming GTX 970 Windforce CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DD... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-A High Performance Acrylic Nicke... EKWB Acrylic Nickel GPU Block Monsoon MMRS Reservoir Bykski BY-PUMP-XPH-PA Water Cooling Pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance 240 30 FPI Radiator Magicool 280 14 FPI Radiator Bitfenix Spectre PWM 120mm Fan ML140 140mm PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Corsair RM Series 850 Thermaltake Suppressor F31 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Spare Parts
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 750 Lynnfield Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 ASUS Strix GTX 960 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial BX100 SSD 500GB EKWB EK-KIT L120 Corsair SP120 Koolance 2x140mm Radiator HX-CU1402V 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair AF140 Bitspower VG-NGTX960 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung Curved 27" S27D590C 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Apevia Iceburg 680 watts Apevia X-Sniper 2 EVGA Torq X3 Laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9750 ASUS M3A78-CM PNY XLR8 GTX 460 Corsair XMS2 (4 x 1GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingPower
Hitachi 5K500 Silenx 92mm EFFIZIO Corsair SP 120 Red LED Antec 500watt 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6400 Skylake ASRock A170A-X1/3.1 Gigabye G1 Gaming GTX 970 Windforce CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DD... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-A High Performance Acrylic Nicke... EKWB Acrylic Nickel GPU Block Monsoon MMRS Reservoir Bykski BY-PUMP-XPH-PA Water Cooling Pump 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance 240 30 FPI Radiator Magicool 280 14 FPI Radiator Bitfenix Spectre PWM 120mm Fan ML140 140mm PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Corsair RM Series 850 Thermaltake Suppressor F31 
  hide details  
Reply
post #357 of 608
[

Site glitch, nothing to see here, move it along folks. tongue.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #358 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Frozen-Q in that link by geggeg said Barrow was marketing thier res as Frozen-Q, which is a blantent lie until I see proof. Frozen-Q sounds like another CL "you stole my toy" whine and cry. If someone steals your toy go get it back, which in this case means you have the legal authority of protection to do so, but if you don't have that authority then accusations are meaningless. Humanity is a society of laws after all, not temper tantrums.

All the big water cooling manufacturers are jumping on Barrow lately. Why? Because Barrow gives you quality at a reduced price. We'll I'm all for that, if the FQ or EK or BP owner can't afford that Porsche because of Barrow, I don't care. I can afford my life because of Barrow and still have my hobby passion, AND that is what matters to the 90%!
well as of now, this makes another against barrow, and just judging from the builds i have seen most if not all dont trust barrow, i would put it at ~ 2% at most, so i dunno where you magically pull out 90% from.

Guess what I was trying to say is most people would rather save a buck and still have quality parts than pay an arm and a leg just to support a name brand. I personally love all water cooling manufacturers and use them when it SUITS ME, not just because the manufacturers/fanboys think they're the be all end all.

There is a reason people think those manufacturers are the end all be all. Because they've proven themselves to be quality for years. You're more than welcome to play Russian roulette with the cheap brands but I won't be playing with their stuff. I buy the end all be all stuff because I want quality and reliability in my Case. The cheap stuff may be, however my Gramps taught me to pay the man or it could come back to bite me. I listened to that man more than today's generation listens to this old man. It makes sense too. Looks are 2ndary where I am concerned. thumb.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #359 of 608
We should just have a new forum policy stating that FCPU is dead, and any attempts to refute said statement will be removed.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #360 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

There is a reason people think those manufacturers are the end all be all. Because they've proven themselves to be quality for years. You're more than welcome to play Russian roulette with the cheap brands but I won't be playing with their stuff. I buy the end all be all stuff because I want quality and reliability in my Case. The cheap stuff may be, however my Gramps taught me to pay the man or it could come back to bite me. I listened to that man more than today's generation listens to this old man. It makes sense too. Looks are 2ndary where I am concerned. thumb.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
I'll just leave that one alone all leaks aside wink.gif I truly would love to see another site that can do what frozen did without imploding...perhaps mmm can do this time will tell
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU News thread