Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU News thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FrozenCPU News thread - Page 38

post #371 of 608
PPCS needs to lose the custom crap, they have a TON of deprecated PHP. Put the site on Wordpress, and put it on a Litespeed server. No more problems.
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #372 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Performance PCs has a horrendous website.

I agree their website is pretty bad. It's too graphic centered and doesn't have the bandwidth to accommodate it.
Edited by Lady Fitzgerald - 2/15/16 at 3:35am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930K Haswell-e Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler Win 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Scratch built. Currently under construction at ... Logitech M525 El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k ASUS P9X79 WS MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB... Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDR... 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Inter... COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Slee... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 3 x Asus VG248QE Vizio VO320E 32" TV Logitech G510s 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750W Antec Two Hundred v2 Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
AudioOtherOtherOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-... LSI 9211-8i HBA card HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in... StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Ho... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930K Haswell-e Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler Win 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Scratch built. Currently under construction at ... Logitech M525 El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k ASUS P9X79 WS MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB... Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDR... 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Inter... COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Slee... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 3 x Asus VG248QE Vizio VO320E 32" TV Logitech G510s 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750W Antec Two Hundred v2 Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
AudioOtherOtherOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-... LSI 9211-8i HBA card HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in... StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Ho... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #373 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

I don't have any issues with PPCs' site, except when I try to order from my phone. Their site likes to multiple click the product and send it to the cart. But it's manageable because I know this and adjust the quantities prior to payment.

Only other thing I have an issue with is their extravagant shipping quotes.

Just ordered 2 boxes of Monsoon Hardline Economy fittings. That's it. I know for a fact that they can fit two boxes side by side into a USPS Priority Shipping VHS mailer for less than $7 before tax. Not even Florida's tax level would cost me $6 more. But the quote was $12.79 and add the .30cents for the insurance that already comes with Priority Mail and that drove the cost up above what it would've cost me to walk in and buy three boxes of them at the counter, if I lived in FLorida. rolleyes.gif

But to be fair to PPCs, FrozenPCs shipping costs to Washington state were just as horrendous. So I paid it and expect those goodies this week by Thursday. thinking.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

To the PPC has it, there is actually alot of modding supplies I have needed lately that not only PPCs doesnt have but neither does anyone else. Like anodized red rivets, I had to get painted steel rivets and they were well a nightmare. I couldn't find any aluminium rivets in red painted or anodized....

My gripe with there website is its very very slow to the point were sometimes it flat out will not work at all. However I recently learned a trick, there site hates chrome, I read someone say that IE didnt have that issue. Now I dont have IE, I have edge though, I tried with edge and it was alot faster. Still pretty slow but much faster than chrome, and its not my net as I have 75GB download business net lol.
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #374 of 608
The problem I've had in the past was order processing fcpu it was shipped same day almost always... with ppcs sometimes it takes two days to ship...

second item is the shipping price it seems they (ppcs) pass on the packaging cost to the buyer...it tends to be higher than I can send the same thing the same distance...I would be ok with this if it was outlined as a packaging fee or whatnot but don't mask it behind a shipping quote as though it's what the carrier is charging...I don't remember having either of those issues with frozen...

now on to the website...it simply put is slow...they've changed the layout probably five times but never upgraded the bandwidth the server is on or reorganized the categories and searching...

I'm not upset about any of this really but it is all inconveniences that could've spurred more purchases from them if it were easier and cheaper to ship
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
NEWBIE
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8320e Asus Sabertooth R2.0 xfx r9 290 xfx r9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill rip jaws  Samsung 840 Pro WD BLUE 64MB Cache Ocz vertex 3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech h220x  alphacool nexxos st30 280mm radiator alphacool coolplex pro LT10 100mm reservoir Swiftech h220 rad only 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit ENTERPRISE edition Acer 23" 1080p  asus 19" Dell Media Center  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Photon 1200W Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G5 or Steel Series MW2 edition Generic Cheapy 
AudioAudioAudio
GEMINI HSR-1000 Logitech 5.1 surround ZALMAN clip on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #375 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

To the PPC has it, there is actually alot of modding supplies I have needed lately that not only PPCs doesnt have but neither does anyone else. Like anodized red rivets, I had to get painted steel rivets and they were well a nightmare. I couldn't find any aluminium rivets in red painted or anodized....

My gripe with there website is its very very slow to the point were sometimes it flat out will not work at all. However I recently learned a trick, there site hates chrome, I read someone say that IE didnt have that issue. Now I dont have IE, I have edge though, I tried with edge and it was alot faster. Still pretty slow but much faster than chrome, and its not my net as I have 75GB download business net lol.

I wish that were true, I use IE and it crashes often. I only have 1g though tongue.gif
post #376 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystriss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

To the PPC has it, there is actually alot of modding supplies I have needed lately that not only PPCs doesnt have but neither does anyone else. Like anodized red rivets, I had to get painted steel rivets and they were well a nightmare. I couldn't find any aluminium rivets in red painted or anodized....

My gripe with there website is its very very slow to the point were sometimes it flat out will not work at all. However I recently learned a trick, there site hates chrome, I read someone say that IE didnt have that issue. Now I dont have IE, I have edge though, I tried with edge and it was alot faster. Still pretty slow but much faster than chrome, and its not my net as I have 75GB download business net lol.

I wish that were true, I use IE and it crashes often. I only have 1g though tongue.gif

I use IE11 and I haven't had it crash on PPCs (it is slow, however). In fact the only crashes I get on IE11 is occasionally on OCN.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930K Haswell-e Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler Win 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Scratch built. Currently under construction at ... Logitech M525 El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k ASUS P9X79 WS MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB... Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDR... 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Inter... COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Slee... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 3 x Asus VG248QE Vizio VO320E 32" TV Logitech G510s 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750W Antec Two Hundred v2 Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
AudioOtherOtherOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-... LSI 9211-8i HBA card HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in... StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Ho... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930K Haswell-e Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler Win 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Scratch built. Currently under construction at ... Logitech M525 El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k ASUS P9X79 WS MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB... Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDR... 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD 4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Inter... COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Slee... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 3 x Asus VG248QE Vizio VO320E 32" TV Logitech G510s 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750W Antec Two Hundred v2 Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
AudioOtherOtherOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-... LSI 9211-8i HBA card HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in... StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Ho... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #377 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

I don't have any issues with PPCs' site, except when I try to order from my phone. Their site likes to multiple click the product and send it to the cart. But it's manageable because I know this and adjust the quantities prior to payment.

Only other thing I have an issue with is their extravagant shipping quotes.

Just ordered 2 boxes of Monsoon Hardline Economy fittings. That's it. I know for a fact that they can fit two boxes side by side into a USPS Priority Shipping VHS mailer for less than $7 before tax. Not even Florida's tax level would cost me $6 more. But the quote was $12.79 and add the .30cents for the insurance that already comes with Priority Mail and that drove the cost up above what it would've cost me to walk in and buy three boxes of them at the counter, if I lived in FLorida. rolleyes.gif

But to be fair to PPCs, FrozenPCs shipping costs to Washington state were just as horrendous. So I paid it and expect those goodies this week by Thursday. thinking.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

To the PPC has it, there is actually alot of modding supplies I have needed lately that not only PPCs doesnt have but neither does anyone else. Like anodized red rivets, I had to get painted steel rivets and they were well a nightmare. I couldn't find any aluminium rivets in red painted or anodized....

My gripe with there website is its very very slow to the point were sometimes it flat out will not work at all. However I recently learned a trick, there site hates chrome, I read someone say that IE didnt have that issue. Now I dont have IE, I have edge though, I tried with edge and it was alot faster. Still pretty slow but much faster than chrome, and its not my net as I have 75GB download business net lol.
edge is ie, I know Microsoft doesn't want the cat let out of the bag....whoops
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #378 of 608
I use Firefox and get a bunch of weird issues with frames disappearing on ppcs site when I mouseover. I've never tried other browsers so I can't say of it's the same for others. Navigation on the site just seems awkward as well.

I've always ordered from fcpu and never had any issue, but it's looking like the next time I need something I'm going to have to go elsewhere.
post #379 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfknjadagr8 View Post

The problem I've had in the past was order processing fcpu it was shipped same day almost always... with ppcs sometimes it takes two days to ship...

second item is the shipping price it seems they (ppcs) pass on the packaging cost to the buyer...it tends to be higher than I can send the same thing the same distance...I would be ok with this if it was outlined as a packaging fee or whatnot but don't mask it behind a shipping quote as though it's what the carrier is charging...I don't remember having either of those issues with frozen...

now on to the website...it simply put is slow...they've changed the layout probably five times but never upgraded the bandwidth the server is on or reorganized the categories and searching...

I'm not upset about any of this really but it is all inconveniences that could've spurred more purchases from them if it were easier and cheaper to ship

Yeah even before FCPU went through all the nonsense PPCs would still take their sweet time to ship things out, unless you paid an extra $3 for the rush order fee of course. I'm actually kinda convinced that rush order fee is little more than extortion, because otherwise they just sit on your order for 2 days. I mean FCPU almost always (like 9 times out of 10) ships the same day even without the rush order fee. And yeah the shipping costs are ridiculous, for example I know for a fact they inflate the shipping weight of radiators to pad the shipping cost. Well actually FCPU also kinda did the same but not to the extent PPCs does.

Too bad PPCs is the only game in town for Bitspower and EK products, otherwise I'd buy from MMM and AmbientCPU all day long.
post #380 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

I use IE11 and I haven't had it crash on PPCs (it is slow, however). In fact the only crashes I get on IE11 is occasionally on OCN.

Yea OCN crashes for me (IE11) once in a while because of the ads on the sides.




I actually kind of like PPCS's site layout and organization, I think there's only a couple oddities that don't even really bug me so much as it doesn't make sense to me; like the acrylic sheets got put in the Case section under a category that says DIY in the title, yet they're not found in the main DIY section heh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU News thread