Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCP] NVIDIA Under Attack Again for GameWorks in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCP] NVIDIA Under Attack Again for GameWorks in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Page 15

post #141 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post

you are joking right?
so where is the driver for w:3;)

not that I would ever play this game(or 99% of the crap they put out today)but why is it so wrong what nv did I cant understand.....or maybe amd's excuse they can't get much right lately?

now instead of crying like a baby what if they made the game run better on there hardware then nv's wow that would be cool thumb.gif or they are just too busy with all the new cards and cpu's they have been putting out lol

Windows 10 driver installed on Windows 8.1 has nearly a 5% improvement over the previous. Drivers are getting better for DX11, but huge performance difference is the proper utilization of all cores and resources in 10.

Games AMD usually works on never really has any issues on NVidia, except BF4, and run very well across the board.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post

If I was a game developer with a SPINE , I'd want my game to look exactly the same on any machine. (not counting gfx low med high options) I'd avoid any brand specific technologies unless that tech could be licensed to any brand for a price (practically means software solutions not hardware). Then it would be the other brand's fault for not paying for the license and make it possible on their hardware too.

It's not actually brands' fault, it's the developers' fault. "MONEY !!!!! SCREW NVIDIA !!!" or "MORE MONEY !!!! SCREW AMD" I get it some really neutral games can still favor one brand over other, but to use PhysX, Hairdoos, GameWorks, Tressblabla is simply to screw other brand. If it's not the performance, it's the eyecandy. It's bait for "Oh hair and FURRRR !!!!, lemme buy 980 over my 290"

Maybe im thinking wrong but I'm someone who very very rarely uses AA of any kind because I need those jaggies for more detail. AA smooths things much it gets blurry. Ultimately, I don't wanna be picking gfx cards thinking about hair and fur or better physics, researching mayhem, I wanna buy a card matching my budget and wanna play games not crippled with bla bla from brands.

You realize that Tress FX runs on Nvidia and most of Gameworks also runs on AMD, do you...?

Even in Farcry 4, an Nvidia-sponsored Gameworks title, the only thing you can't enable in AMD is the Nvidia-propietary TXAA antialiasing... yet you also have options for MSAA and SMAA.
post #143 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastrider View Post

You realize that Tress FX runs on Nvidia and most of Gameworks also runs on AMD, do you...?

Even in Farcry 4, an Nvidia-sponsored Gameworks title, the only thing you can't enable in AMD is the Nvidia-propietary TXAA antialiasing... yet you also have options for MSAA and SMAA.

Going this way: Lets carry boulders... You (AMD) have the hands, legs, muscles, but you will not get far and with good results.. While other guy (Nvidia) just uses forklift or something to transport them, because he has the limited driving licence for it.
post #144 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anateus View Post

Going this way: Lets carry boulders... You (AMD) have the hands, legs, muscles, but you will not get far and with good results.. While other guy (Nvidia) just uses forklift or something to transport them, because he has the limited driving licence for it.

To which point can AMD improve the performance of Gameworks stuff on their drivers, or improve tesellation performance in upcoming architectures? Given that Nvidia actually took time to improve the performance of Tomb Raider on his hardware.
post #145 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastrider View Post

To which point can AMD improve the performance of Gameworks stuff on their drivers, or improve tesellation performance in upcoming architectures? Given that Nvidia actually took time to improve the performance of Tomb Raider on his hardware.

AMD cant really improve anything. Did you read the link I posted? Devs get millions of $$$ for using their (Nvidias) code, and are not allowed to share it with anyone. Its just unethical, because AMD opensources everything for everyone.
post #146 of 480
you know....I was thinking.....name the last ten or 15 games that sucked and you guys purchased??....ok ok now there is your money for the tippy top of the line vga biggrin.gif

who would want an open source poo box any way biggrin.gif
I love seeing gamers get pissed tongue.gif: )biggrin.gif
sorry for the off topic
Edited by cowie - 5/18/15 at 4:12am
post #147 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anateus View Post

AMD cant really improve anything. Did you read the link I posted? Devs get millions of $$$ for using their (Nvidias) code, and are not allowed to share it with anyone. Its just unethical, because AMD opensources everything for everyone.


AMD started to open source everything to everyone from the moment they could not charge 1000 euros for a chip anymore thumb.gif. They got CONROE-ed and just like Nokia refused to embrace change. They added wings on a dead horse and it bit them in the tushy. Moreover, they completely ignored the lessons learned from Terry Makedon's days where any game coming out would suck on AMD cards because 'we were unprepared'. I do recall official tweets vowing to do better.

In any case, the fact that NVIDIA and INTEL pay off people left and right does not prevent AMD from doing the same. Problem with AMD there is no innovation on the software side at all. AMD has no leverage in the industry. They brought Mantle out because they were incompotent at fixing DX 11 overheads. Quite funny how NVIDIA could offer better performance on DX 11 than AMD in most cases. The horsepower is not to blame here, hardware does what software tells it too.


The Witcher 3 is an NVIDIA based title because they found the right price, whereas AMD played the innocent card and open sourced everything. Let us see how this works out for them on the balance sheet when NVIDIA cashes in more dollars with every GOTY release.


*pat on the back from me to AMD for being such fair players in the industry*
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post

AMD started to open source everything to everyone from the moment they could not charge 1000 euros for a chip anymore thumb.gif. They got CONROE-ed and just like Nokia refused to embrace change. They added wings on a dead horse and it bit them in the tushy. Moreover, they completely ignored the lessons learned from Terry Makedon's days where any game coming out would suck on AMD cards because 'we were unprepared'. I do recall official tweets vowing to do better.

In any case, the fact that NVIDIA and INTEL pay off people left and right does not prevent AMD from doing the same. Problem with AMD there is no innovation on the software side at all. AMD has no leverage in the industry. They brought Mantle out because they were incompotent at fixing DX 11 overheads. Quite funny how NVIDIA could offer better performance on DX 11 than AMD in most cases. The horsepower is not to blame here, hardware does what software tells it too.


The Witcher 3 is an NVIDIA based title because they found the right price, whereas AMD played the innocent card and open sourced everything. Let us see how this works out for them on the balance sheet when NVIDIA cashes in more dollars with every GOTY release.


*pat on the back from me to AMD for being such fair players in the industry*

They seem to have a lot of leverage. Just not the right leverage, as they say money talks and bullcrap walks. AMD has neither.

Money and bullcrap go hand in hand like the most flamboyant couple on the face of the earth.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastrider View Post

To which point can AMD improve the performance of Gameworks stuff on their drivers, or improve tesellation performance in upcoming architectures? Given that Nvidia actually took time to improve the performance of Tomb Raider on his hardware.
there was a tessellation performance chart earlier in the thread which had the 285 sitting between the 760 and 770, so I'd say they have managed to catch up.
post #150 of 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by methebest View Post

there was a tessellation performance chart earlier in the thread which had the 285 sitting between the 760 and 770, so I'd say they have managed to catch up.

Tessellation really depends on the game application of it. I've noticed some games with really crazy tessellation that perform better on AMD than NVidia. I don't think AMD is slower at tessellating, just uses a different process which can be optimized for as well as NVidia. Because NVidia has the majority it's tessellation methods are significantly more used.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCP] NVIDIA Under Attack Again for GameWorks in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt