Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on - Page 13

post #121 of 258
What I gathered from the article: DX12 version will be coming out in a few years with all the tasty goodies we want thumb.gif
post #122 of 258
if they hadn't released a constant stream of screenshots and videos that let you know exactly what the game looked like, i could understand the complaints about deception.

it's entirely reasonable to be upset about the graphics not looking as good as they did before. hell, i'm not a big fan of the grass right now either, but i'd rather have that and 100 more openable doors thumb.gif

that said, the only way a deception charge is reasonable is if the player preordered just after that big trailer, and then never saw another piece of witcher media again.

in summary:
complaints about the graphics? fine.
complaints about bugs? fine.
complaints about gameplay? fine.
complaints about some massive deception? the evolution of the game's art style, renderer, and graphics was broadly documented in released media.
"The Fridge"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (lapped and delidded) ASUS Maximus VII Hero Geforce GTX Titan X Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 256GB SSD None Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS239 Corsair RGB K70 Corsair AX860 NZXT H440 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65  Custom 2mm Teflon Onboard SupremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
"The Fridge"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k (lapped and delidded) ASUS Maximus VII Hero Geforce GTX Titan X Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 256GB SSD None Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS239 Corsair RGB K70 Corsair AX860 NZXT H440 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65  Custom 2mm Teflon Onboard SupremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

Nothing I said disputed the sales numbers for consoles. I stated that the PC sales were lower than they would have been because people had 2 years to buy it on console if they really wanted it.

What else is there to buy on consoles other than GTA V, Bloodborne, and whatever the shooter of the day is? Of course it's going to remain a top seller, it only has about 4 other good games to compete with.

Strong enough to hit even half of the console numbers in the same timeframe (5.5 million in 24 hours)? I highly doubt it...

Y... Actually never mind.
Edited by -iceblade^ - 5/21/15 at 7:41am
Herschel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K ASRock Z87M Extreme4 eVGA GTX 680 2GB 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 60GB SSD 1x 500GB, 1x 640GB, 1x 1TB Asus something or other Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H236HLbid (23" 1920x1080) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE198 (19". 1440x900) Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Seasonic X650 Antec P180 Mini White 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Herschel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K ASRock Z87M Extreme4 eVGA GTX 680 2GB 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 60GB SSD 1x 500GB, 1x 640GB, 1x 1TB Asus something or other Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H236HLbid (23" 1920x1080) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE198 (19". 1440x900) Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Seasonic X650 Antec P180 Mini White 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 258
The community should complain otherwise the same will happen over and over Dante goes to nVidia and amd etc
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800K Rampage V ED10 EVGA FE GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800K Rampage V ED10 EVGA FE GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly haired boy View Post

if they hadn't released a constant stream of screenshots and videos that let you know exactly what the game looked like, i could understand the complaints about deception.

it's entirely reasonable to be upset about the graphics not looking as good as they did before. hell, i'm not a big fan of the grass right now either, but i'd rather have that and 100 more openable doors thumb.gif

that said, the only way a deception charge is reasonable is if the player preordered just after that big trailer, and then never saw another piece of witcher media again.

in summary:
complaints about the graphics? fine.
complaints about bugs? fine.
complaints about gameplay? fine.
complaints about some massive deception? the evolution of the game's art style, renderer, and graphics was broadly documented in released media.

How do you explain the 2014 35 minute demo? Same map, same locations, worse graphics in every way.

Forget the 2013 showing...what about the 2014 showing? Why remove the blood effect on water?

This is a case of pure console parity. All the while lying to everyone with the constant "no downgrade" malarkey.
post #126 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post

Strong enough to hit even half of the console numbers in the same timeframe (5.5 million in 24 hours)? I highly doubt it...

Y... Actually never mind.

No no, let's put it all out on the table. If you're going to make comparisons make them between equal products.

What was released on the PC platform of equable reputation as the GTA series on console?

http://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-3-sells-6-3-million-3-5-million-in-first-day/

Ringing any bells? The game may have been a failure from the player's perspective, but it sure as hell wasn't a financial failure and if 6.3 million on one native platform isn't comparable to 12 million on two platforms that had be be developed separately then I don't know what to tell you.
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

How do you explain the 2014 35 minute demo? Same map, same locations, worse graphics in every way.

Forget the 2013 showing...what about the 2014 showing? Why remove the blood effect on water?

This is a case of pure console parity. All the while lying to everyone with the constant "no downgrade" malarkey.

I dunno how do you explain it?


I'm listening...
post #128 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

I dunno how do you explain it?


I'm listening...

You don't make any sense.
post #129 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post



This all coming from the totally not obviously bias fanboy.

You like being lied to by your favorite developer. That's cool. The rest of us are sick of being treated like fools.

Carry on.

How have they treated anyone as fools? This sort of over reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. They have been totally open about how the final game will look and anyone left with delusions that it would look like the 2013 or 2014 trailers has simply not been paying attention. They have never tried to hide anything even releasing it for review a week before its official release. Add to that they had already been quoted as saying that the PC, Xbox and PS4 versions would all be very similar if not the same way before release. Then you have this prett honest interview that lays out the exact reasons why this is the case. Trying to actually spell it out those of you who don't seem to understand that our platform does not generate enough revenue on its own to support a game of this size and depth. No matter how much you dislike this fact it is a fact. So after all this if you expected the game to be Crysis levels of groundbreaking graphically then that is simply your own fault because all the information on what exactly was coming was available.
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

How have they treated anyone as fools? This sort of over reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. They have been totally open about how the final game will look and anyone left with delusions that it would look like the 2013 or 2014 trailers has simply not been paying attention. They have never tried to hide anything even releasing it for review a week before its official release. Add to that they had already been quoted as saying that the PC, Xbox and PS4 versions would all be very similar if not the same way before release. Then you have this prett honest interview that lays out the exact reasons why this is the case. Trying to actually spell it out those of you who don't seem to understand that our platform does not generate enough revenue on its own to support a game of this size and depth. No matter how much you dislike this fact it is a fact. So after all this if you expected the game to be Crysis levels of groundbreaking graphically then that is simply your own fault because all the information on what exactly was coming was available.

lol what? They were open about how the final game would look? When? A week before release? Again, I revert back to my original comment to you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on