Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on - Page 14

post #131 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

How have they treated anyone as fools? This sort of over reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. They have been totally open about how the final game will look and anyone left with delusions that it would look like the 2013 or 2014 trailers has simply not been paying attention. They have never tried to hide anything even releasing it for review a week before its official release. Add to that they had already been quoted as saying that the PC, Xbox and PS4 versions would all be very similar if not the same way before release. Then you have this prett honest interview that lays out the exact reasons why this is the case. Trying to actually spell it out those of you who don't seem to understand that our platform does not generate enough revenue on its own to support a game of this size and depth. No matter how much you dislike this fact it is a fact. So after all this if you expected the game to be Crysis levels of groundbreaking graphically then that is simply your own fault because all the information on what exactly was coming was available.

so tell me how much is CD Projekt RED paying you?
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

How have they treated anyone as fools? This sort of over reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. They have been totally open about how the final game will look and anyone left with delusions that it would look like the 2013 or 2014 trailers has simply not been paying attention. They have never tried to hide anything even releasing it for review a week before its official release. Add to that they had already been quoted as saying that the PC, Xbox and PS4 versions would all be very similar if not the same way before release. Then you have this prett honest interview that lays out the exact reasons why this is the case. Trying to actually spell it out those of you who don't seem to understand that our platform does not generate enough revenue on its own to support a game of this size and depth. No matter how much you dislike this fact it is a fact. So after all this if you expected the game to be Crysis levels of groundbreaking graphically then that is simply your own fault because all the information on what exactly was coming was available.

I agree to an extent. The problem is these trailer footage is actually still being used in advertisements. My local JB-hi fi had a witcher CDPR advertisement that solely uses the trailer footage, constantly playing on the front display of the store.
post #133 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

You don't make any sense.


That's because nothing you're saying is making any sense. You're still constantly nattering that the game was a bait and switch. There isn't anything to be said about that, as it clearly wasn't. You're just wrapped up in your own cynicism.
post #134 of 258
Tbh I'm really enjoying the game, it looks great to me, it doesn't look like 2013 but I wasn't expecting my system to run it on ultra anyway. I pretty much bought it for the sake of playing a good game and it is a nice game this far, I'm having lots of fun. I managed to make it run from around 40 to 60 FPS (@1366x768), mostly at 55+ FPS on my Radeon R7 265 and I'm happy I can play it thumb.gif
Edited by juanitox - 5/21/15 at 8:35am
My PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon X4 860K ASUS A88X-PLUS MSI AMD Radeon R7 265 2GD5 OC G.SKILL TridentX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 SSD 128GB PNY XLR8 CS2111 SSD 240GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB @ 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Air Series AF120 LED Purple Quiet Edition High ... AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition Windows 8.1 Pro LG 23MP67HQ IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Raptor K30 Corsair TX550M Thermaltake Commander MS-I Corsair Vengeance M65 
Mouse PadOther
SteelSeries QcK Guild Wars 2 Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon X4 860K ASUS A88X-PLUS MSI AMD Radeon R7 265 2GD5 OC G.SKILL TridentX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 SSD 128GB PNY XLR8 CS2111 SSD 240GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB @ 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Air Series AF120 LED Purple Quiet Edition High ... AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition Windows 8.1 Pro LG 23MP67HQ IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Raptor K30 Corsair TX550M Thermaltake Commander MS-I Corsair Vengeance M65 
Mouse PadOther
SteelSeries QcK Guild Wars 2 Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post

so tell me how much is CD Projekt RED paying you?

Why do you even bother if you have nothing of intelligence to add? You just make yourself look a bit dim.

Pathetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

lol what? They were open about how the final game would look? When? A week before release? Again, I revert back to my original comment to you.

They were open yes. I clearly stated that. Love it when somebody is presented with the facts they immediately start shouting "fanboy!" really pathetic.
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 258
Still reeks of biting off more than they can chew. If they were too small to develop the game they wanted, they should've waited. They mentioned that TW3 only got this far was console sales, yet the game wasn't released so it was all 'projected' sales. They could've waited for the PC release but chose not to. Even then, in my opinion, a 3 year development cycle for a game is too short, I feel a 4 year cycle is about right. Even Bethesda take approx 6 years and they have the graphics engine already down to start with.

If anything this highlights how inexperienced CDPR are; they're by no means a bad company but this could've been handled way better than making the PC graphics so similar to the Consoles at such a heavy cost too.

Is it just me or are the hardware devs trying to make it easier to make Console > PC ports but the game devs being more lazy with the ports because of less work done?
post #137 of 258
It should be illegal for game developers to advertise a game and open pre-orders later for it while clearly misleading the consumer. You wouldn't find car manufactures advertising a brand new car a few years before release which takes your breath away, then open pre-orders a year or two later a few months before release only for you to find out it was half the car they showed you.

If you don't know your hardware limitations, then you should NOT create a demo with all the bells and whistles which you will later strip out because you realized it wasn't possible.

I hope they learn from this.
Arctic Thunder
(10 items)
 
ASUS G51VX-RX05
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
T9900 3.06GHz GTX 260M 1GB 4GB DDR2 800MHz 320GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 IIyama ProLite E2773HDS Logitech G15 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Arctic Thunder
(10 items)
 
ASUS G51VX-RX05
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
T9900 3.06GHz GTX 260M 1GB 4GB DDR2 800MHz 320GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 IIyama ProLite E2773HDS Logitech G15 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

Why do you even bother if you have nothing of intelligence to add? You just make yourself look a bit dim.

Pathetic
They were open yes. I clearly stated that. Love it when somebody is presented with the facts they immediately start shouting "fanboy!" really pathetic.

nice selective memory you got there remember this quote from them?

"The final version of the game will look better than what can be seen in the latest screenshots – no matter the platform." and this "There will be no downgrade"

yeah they were very open about it rolleyes.gif

like i said a dozen times before it's not about the graphics it's the fact they lied time and time again and waited till 3 days after release to come clean after the sales were done.
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #139 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

That's because nothing you're saying is making any sense. You're still constantly nattering that the game was a bait and switch. There isn't anything to be said about that, as it clearly wasn't. You're just wrapped up in your own cynicism.

LOL! Everything you said is the complete opposite in actual reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

They were open yes. I clearly stated that. Love it when somebody is presented with the facts they immediately start shouting "fanboy!" really pathetic.

Open when? The two years they kept claiming no downgrade? Open by admitting consoles held PC back AFTER the game launched? It's the fact that you say the stuff you do with the opposite being the truth as to why people call you fanboy. That and the fact that you are or do you just like the Witcher logo? You and Silent Scone seem to have the same problem. It's just people complaining about nothing despite the fact that CDPR did the PC community wrong. Again, if you like being lied to then that's your problem...quit trying to tell everyone they're wrong and to get over it. It's mentalities like yours as to why the gaming industry is as it is. You don't mind being walked all over while asking, "Please sir can I have some more?".

That's what's really pathetic here.
post #140 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplush View Post

Still reeks of biting off more than they can chew. If they were too small to develop the game they wanted, they should've waited.

They really did try to grow by a huge amount in a short period when you think about it. This is their third title and they tried to go from small company success story to AAA big boy developer in one jump.
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
My Mangled Mess
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930k Asrock X99 OC MSI R9 290x Lightning Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Custom loop Windows 7 64-bit TBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Professional S series Seasonic SS-1250XM NZXT H630 Saitek Cyborg M.M.O. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Invicta Asus Essence STX II 7.1 w/daughterboard Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick CH Pro Flight Throttle (soon) 
Other
Saitek Pro Flight Pedals 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @4.7 stable Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 @1250/1750 8gb Samsung low profile green series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500gb, WD caviar blue OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD 24x dvdrw XSPC RASA RX360 kit 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 23" Acer Rosewill RK9000 w/MX cherry black switches PC Power and cooling 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Razer Scarab  Asus Xonar D1 
AudioAudio
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Sy... Sony STRDH520 7.1 AV Receiver. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on