Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread - Page 61

post #601 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post

Yes, it'll install over itself. Not everything works like that, but this will.
\
sorry if I sound like a total noobie but could you send me the link where I would download it ? The Asus website only has the whole entire package of the softwares
post #602 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyboy View Post

\
sorry if I sound like a total noobie but could you send me the link where I would download it ? The Asus website only has the whole entire package of the softwares

That's what you download, the entire package, AISuite3 from the Sabertooth X99 support site.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/HelpDesk_Download/

Under Utilities.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite3_Win7-8-81-10_SABERTOOTH-X99_V10096.zip
post #603 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post

That's what you download, the entire package, AISuite3 from the Sabertooth X99 support site.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/HelpDesk_Download/

Under Utilities.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite3_Win7-8-81-10_SABERTOOTH-X99_V10096.zip

yeah sadly no luck it's still bugging out
post #604 of 1954
You need to completely remove the old version before installing new ones. In your case I suggest you use CCleaner.to completely wipe any trace of old AISuite.

Then try the newest TUF AISuite3.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite3_Win7-81-10_SABERTOOTH_Z170_S_V10130.zip
post #605 of 1954
Good result man! Are you going to keep the OC?thumb.gif
post #606 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteImp View Post

A Rampage V Extreme.

Btw- OCing not going well on my Sabertooth. Using offset mode and + 240mv offset is getting me nowhere. After I finish booting, AI Suite says I'm running ar 1.280 vcore. When Prime95 starts up it blips briefly to 1.294 then drops back to 1.280. Tried with LLC 6 and 9. No luck. As with the last BIOS version, anything over multiplier 35 and it crashes during stress testing.

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it.

I kinda disagree with X99 not for OC statement. The entire X99 platfrom, along with the K and X series CPU are meant for OCing. Branding it as durability is nothing but a business mode. When you look at the price of various ASUS X99 you will notice Sabertooth is just covering specific price range to battle aginst offerings from Gigabyte, ASrock and MSI. The H and B series chipset and NOT meant for overclocking.
post #607 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it.

I kinda disagree with X99 not for OC statement. The entire X99 platfrom, along with the K and X series CPU are meant for OCing. Branding it as durability is nothing but a business mode. When you look at the price of various ASUS X99 you will notice Sabertooth is just covering specific price range to battle aginst offerings from Gigabyte, ASrock and MSI. The H and B series chipset and NOT meant for overclocking.

I didn't say it wasn't for overclocking. I opened with "While you can OC with the Sabertooth X99, I don't think it's what the board is all about."

This board's OC is secondary, else they'd have put DIP5 on it, better mosfets, etc etc etc... It's not ROG, it's TUF, and that's saying something all in itself. thumb.gif
post #608 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post

I didn't say it wasn't for overclocking. I opened with "While you can OC with the Sabertooth X99, I don't think it's what the board is all about."

This board's OC is secondary, else they'd have put DIP5 on it, better mosfets, etc etc etc... It's not ROG, it's TUF, and that's saying something all in itself. thumb.gif

If I am truly looking for durability and stability, I would either go for X99E-WS or C610 based server grade MoBo. Pairing up with a Xeno and Registered DDR4 RAM for minimum error and maximum stability.

Looking at broader spectrum of X99 offerings from competitors. All other X99 offering at this price range emphasize on OC.. If this board is not for OC then why would ASUS invest in great amount of resource to put UEFI Advanced OC menu in there? DIP5 is good, but it is more for entry level and beginner OC. Most people would directly go for UEFI OC settings instead of risk using software OC.

Generally speaking, this board is all made ready to OC, just not to the LN2 extreme. However ASUS need to develop a new sub brand since they are relying too much on just the ROG brand. As a result we get a mid tier X99 with ALL of the OC features in UEFI, just with software OC removed and a TUF branding.
Edited by xkm1948 - 1/25/16 at 7:12pm
post #609 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

If I am truly looking for durability and stability, I would either go for X99E-WS or C610 based server grade MoBo. Pairing up with a Xeno and Registered DDR4 RAM for minimum error and maximum stability.

Looking at broader spectrum of X99 offerings from competitors. All other X99 offering at this price range emphasize on OC.. If this board is not for OC then why would ASUS invest in great amount of resource to put UEFI Advanced OC menu in there? DIP5 is good, but it is more for entry level and beginner OC. Most people would directly go for UEFI OC settings instead of risk using software OC.

Generally speaking, this board is all made ready to OC, just not to the LN2 extreme. However ASUS need to develop a new sub brand since they are relying too much on just the ROG brand. As a result we get a mid tier X99 with ALL of the OC features in UEFI, just with software OC removed and a TUF branding.

I didn't say it wasn't for OC, did I hit a nerve? LOL.

The Sabertooth is a concept all to itself. I'm glad I bought one. It has features no other board offers.
post #610 of 1954
No nerve hit. You like the board, I like the board. Hopefully all sabertooth x99 owners like this board. I like it, but not loving it. It is a solid product that definitely has its pros. At the same time I accept it is not a top of the line X99. It has good OC, good stability and good branding(ASUS did a pretty good job here, considering we already have one diehard TUF fan here thumb.gif)

Are you keeping the OC? I kinda wish I win my own bet. I am 99% sure you are going back to XMP stock.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread