Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread - Page 62

post #611 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

No nerve hit. You like the board, I like the board. Hopefully all sabertooth x99 owners like this board. I like it, but not loving it. It is a solid product that definitely has its pros. At the same time I accept it is not a top of the line X99. It has good OC, good stability and good branding(ASUS did a pretty good job here, considering we already have one diehard TUF fan here thumb.gif)

Are you keeping the OC? I kinda wish I win my own bet. I am 99% sure you are going back to XMP stock.

I went back to XMP stock immediately. I would try a higher OC if I knew what I was doing, but I'd still go back to stock XMP right after. I bought the board to be a desktop PC / gaming rig machine, with great fan control, & NVMe m.2 slot. Overclocking would do nothing for my day to day use and/or gaming experience. It would shorten the life of my chips though! tongue.gif

I think it's a top of the line x99 board, but it's not a top of the line OC board. I can't think of a better board for my use case, that's why I picked it. thumb.gif

It would be fun to try to take top OC spot on the ROG forums for the "Sabertooth X99", but can't compete with a fully water cooled CPU, Chipset, GPU rig.

Or how about a Mineral Oil Sabertooth X99, now we're talking! Anyone done this yet?
Edited by Undermoose - 1/25/16 at 8:01pm
post #612 of 1954
I win! YES! I knew it. haha

If you have used R5E you will find it to be a lot nicer board. The OC Panel was super neat, you can monitor all of your rig's condition from the OC panel. Being able to display POST debug code is another awesome feature. Best of all it comes with 802.11ac built in. The only reason I didn't go with R5E was I was poor. $500 bucks is a little bit too much for me at that time.If I am given the chance of choosing again I will definitely go for R5E.
post #613 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

No nerve hit. You like the board, I like the board. Hopefully all sabertooth x99 owners like this board. I like it, but not loving it. It is a solid product that definitely has its pros. At the same time I accept it is not a top of the line X99. It has good OC, good stability and good branding(ASUS did a pretty good job here, considering we already have one diehard TUF fan here thumb.gif)

Are you keeping the OC? I kinda wish I win my own bet. I am 99% sure you are going back to XMP stock.
is it safe to have my overclock at 1.3volts full time ? I just copied the settings this guy put up on Linustechtips
post #614 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyboy View Post

is it safe to have my overclock at 1.3volts full time ? I just copied the settings this guy put up on Linustechtips

Without a good AIO cooling, I would say no. Keep vcore and cache voltage below 1.3v if you plan to use your rig for more than 3 yrs.
post #615 of 1954
I have a Noctua Nh D15 temps are around 70
post #616 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyboy View Post

I have a Noctua Nh D15 temps are around 70

We have the same cooler. Right now I am using 4.33GHz OC with 1.25v vcore. During realbench my individual core can get as high as 78C. 4.2~4.3GHz is about the limit for even top of the line air coolers. To get to 4.5GHz you will certainly need a GOOD AIO cooler.
post #617 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

We have the same cooler. Right now I am using 4.33GHz OC with 1.25v vcore. During realbench my individual core can get as high as 78C. 4.2~4.3GHz is about the limit for even top of the line air coolers. To get to 4.5GHz you will certainly need a GOOD AIO cooler.

I have the same OC as you minus the voltage. What are your temps in games though ?
post #618 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyboy View Post

I have the same OC as you minus the voltage. What are your temps in games though ?

60~65C. I set up my fan profile curve in UEFI so it should come to ~70% fan speed at 65C. So far I haven't had any audible noise in even quite demanding games.

Scientific calculation on the hand will instantly push my D15 fans to the maximum.
post #619 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm1948 View Post

60~65C. I set up my fan profile curve in UEFI so it should come to ~70% fan speed at 65C. So far I haven't had any audible noise in even quite demanding games.

Scientific calculation on the hand will instantly push my D15 fans to the maximum.
Iknow this isn't a watercooling section but I was considering the EKWB predator.But just wondering if any of you guys have experience with that cooler?
post #620 of 1954
Just finished browsing the entire threads. Kinda sad to see a lot of old Sabertooth owners left the TUF and went on to ROG. I bought this board during its initial release and got a pretty good deal. Now after have a year and loads of BIOS/instability issue, my feeling for this board is mixed. I will keep it around for a while, since my Windows 10 pro is tied to this one. I might upgrade a refreshed R5E Black once Broadwell-E comes out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread