Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread - Page 85

post #841 of 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I have been into 10 kits in total and all can overclock higher than 2133 JEDEC defined speeed.

i hope that becomes the case with me right now not looking good. I am following ur advice and am still getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bsod, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod, and just regular freezes where my pc locks up. Started with vccsa at 0.020 and increased it at 0.020 at a time and am at 0.140 now testing with occt large data set still no luck. Sometimes it will give me a bsod before occt even opens up.
post #842 of 2071
Ei, sounds like a core issue to me.
You are supposed to test it with StressAppTest in Linux! Or HCI Memtest. doh.gif

Now, since we are into it, Voltages like VCore, VCache, and IO need to be bumped a bit when talking Overclocking Core, Cache, and Memory altogether.

Redo your OC. Start with Core. Stabilize it before moving into Cache. And so on.

Core, if you prefer OCCT, 2 hours.
Cache, AIDA64 Cache stess isolated, 2 hours.
Memory, GSAT for 1 hour.

Then finalize with at least AIDA 64 CORE, CACHE,FPU,Memory altogether for 2 hours. Never skip a test ever.
Edited by mus1mus - 2/28/16 at 8:53pm
post #843 of 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Ei, sounds like a core issue to me.
You are supposed to test it with StressAppTest in Linux! Or HCI Memtest. doh.gif

Now, since we are into it, Voltages like VCore, VCache, and IO need to be bumped a bit when talking Overclocking Core, Cache, and Memory altogether.

Idont have linux so guess ill try hci memtest. Why do u thinks its my core? I ran two 8 hour occt tests and rendered a 1440p video for 8 hours straight with my core at 4.5 vcore at 1.285 and cpu input voltage at 1.95. Cache is still at default have not overcloxked it yet. what is IO?
post #844 of 2071
OCCT tests Core more than the Memory. Unless youre doing the Linpack with AVX test. Which we know, has higher chance of messing up your chip.
post #845 of 2071
Why does the motherboard give the option for CPU:RAM ratio, and then allow you to set your own RAM frequency? I thought the two were interrelated. I have the ratio set at 100:133, and the RAM operating at 3200MHz.

I did finally encounter a situation where I may need more than 16GB of RAM through work, so if 3200MHz turns out to be stable with my higher core frequencies, I may just have to buy the C14 32GB kit, even though it's more than twice as much.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #846 of 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teafac3 View Post

Idont have linux so guess ill try hci memtest. Why do u thinks its my core? I ran two 8 hour occt tests and rendered a 1440p video for 8 hours straight with my core at 4.5 vcore at 1.285 and cpu input voltage at 1.95. Cache is still at default have not overcloxked it yet. what is IO?

VCCIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

Why does the motherboard give the option for CPU:RAM ratio, and then allow you to set your own RAM frequency? I thought the two were interrelated. I have the ratio set at 100:133, and the RAM operating at 3200MHz.

I did finally encounter a situation where I may need more than 16GB of RAM through work, so if 3200MHz turns out to be stable with my higher core frequencies, I may just have to buy the C14 32GB kit, even though it's more than twice as much.

IDK. Haven't been into Intel long enough to remember. redface.gif

It's a good kit. Probably the best. You get what you pay for.
post #847 of 2071
I gave up on ram. Moved on to cache. Running it at 4.4 1.25v with the core at 4.5 1.285 and cpu input voltage at 1.95 20 mins into occt so far so good Average temps 71c core max and 81c cpu package.
post #848 of 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teafac3 View Post

I gave up on ram. Moved on to cache. Running it at 4.4 1.25v with the core at 4.5 1.285 and cpu input voltage at 1.95 20 mins into occt so far so good Average temps 71c core max and 81c cpu package.
CPU package?
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #849 of 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

CPU package?
Yeah it's a sensor in hwinfo64
post #850 of 2071
The core temperatures should be the highest of everything. Not sure what would be hotter...
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread