Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 197

post #1961 of 9443

Another review that does not give enough detail, need TFTcentral or PRAD to review it.
post #1962 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Another review that does not give enough detail, need TFTcentral or PRAD to review it.

At least the translation is better. Could be a while for a tftcentral review. Hopefully other reviews talk about dead pixels and bleeding.
post #1963 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpsp1 View Post

At least the translation is better. Could be a while for a tftcentral review. Hopefully other reviews talk about dead pixels and bleeding.

That is irrelevant, because the reviewers get cherry picked screens, but I want to see detailed response times and input lag results. The color accuracy does not seem great from the 2 reviews, but hopefully that is not a problem in actual use. I like that it has BT1886 gamma out of the box and decent contrast ratio, still waiting to see if 144hz is actually worse than 120hz.
post #1964 of 9443
Are we close to having these available in the retail channel?
Not Fast Enough
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero GTX 980Ti 2 x 8GB 2400MHz Hynix MFR Corsair Vengeanace  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD QNAP TS-670 HGST 5K4000 PLDS 16X DVD±RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Two AP-13, two AP-14, one AP-15 Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL SS-860XP2 NZXT H630 Logitech G303 
  hide details  
Reply
Not Fast Enough
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero GTX 980Ti 2 x 8GB 2400MHz Hynix MFR Corsair Vengeanace  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD QNAP TS-670 HGST 5K4000 PLDS 16X DVD±RW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Two AP-13, two AP-14, one AP-15 Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL SS-860XP2 NZXT H630 Logitech G303 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1965 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

That is irrelevant, because the reviewers get cherry picked screens, but I want to see detailed response times and input lag results. The color accuracy does not seem great from the 2 reviews, but hopefully that is not a problem in actual use. I like that it has BT1886 gamma out of the box and decent contrast ratio, still waiting to see if 144hz is actually worse than 120hz.

Yeah it probably happens. Happens with gpus so why not monitors. They can lock preorders in and secure purchases before the fire spreads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Are we close to having these available in the retail channel?

Release dates are all over the place at the moment. No dates confirmed except the 13th November for the UK.
post #1966 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Are we close to having these available in the retail channel?

Well, Germany stores already have them listed: http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/asus-rog-swift-pg279q-90lm0230-b01370-a1275089.html?t=alle&plz=&va=b&vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e#filterform . First banch should arrive today and next in 7.X

So I guess in a matter of week whole Europe should be able to buy it.

But still...849 euro price.... Waiting for Acer price to compare.
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1967 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Well, Germany stores already have them listed:http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/asus-rog-swift-pg279q-90lm0230-b01370-a1275089.html?t=alle&plz=&va=b&vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e#filterform . First banch should arrive today and next in 7.X

So I guess in a matter of week whole Europe should be able to buy it.

But still...849 euro price.... Waiting for Acer price to compare.

All of Europe except the UK. Do I sound like a broken record yet?

EDIT

Scan have the pg279q available to preorder now with a listed price of £699.00. Could be a placeholder though, scan have a history of using placeholder prices on preorders.
Edited by joshpsp1 - 10/5/15 at 9:14am
post #1968 of 9443
post #1969 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

ASUS monitors on Scan now (cheaper)

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/monitors-tvs/monitors-nvidia-g-sync

Like I said not guaranteed to stay that price. Scan had the 980Ti Lightning up for £560 and it changed to £650+ before it released. Saying that I have just read that they din't accept preorders without payment so I could very well be wrong. That being said, there isn't a release date.
post #1970 of 9443
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpsp1 View Post

Like I said not guaranteed to stay that price. Scan had the 980Ti Lightning up for £560 and it changed to £650+ before it released. Saying that I have just read that they din't accept preorders without payment so I could very well be wrong. That being said, there isn't a release date.

I did not notice the GTX 980ti Lightning at that price, I found it the day it got listed and it is still the same price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC