Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 340

post #3391 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashim View Post

yes i wanna better image quality and performance or i stay with my benq..

I would expect better image quality with that new Dell TN (and the PG278Q). You've seen the comparisons between the PG278Q and XB270HU, the two owners said they're very close as far as picture quality goes.
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3392 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I would expect better image quality with that new Dell TN (and the PG278Q). You've seen the comparisons between the PG278Q and XB270HU, the two owners said they're very close as far as picture quality goes.
i know but is similar but not the same :-)..pg have good input lag...i need to wait dell tftcentral review for see the difference...i think if some brand can minimize the corner issues ips become Best monitor out
post #3393 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

Hmmm Annoying!

Both UK syuppliers have sold out now until middle of next month. This is my second monitor...don't know how many more I can try before I give up and retails get sick of me!

I can relate since I know from experience how annoying some customers can be.
post #3394 of 9400
Ok, I decided I am gonna send my monitor back for now and wait for new Acer XB and check this out. If both won't work, I am gonna wait for new 34" monitors and check them out for glow/bleed. I had no dead pixels/dust. But that doesn't change other facts.

There are few things that forced me to that decision. Let me explain:

1. Immersion: I am just immersion guy. Period. I am not competetive player, nor needing 144 Hz in single player games. I plsu SP games, RPG games and some MMO games, sometimes low demanding games like MOBS or other. I don't give a dam about 144Hz..
2. Glow and blacklight bleed drives me MAD. MAD. Like really MAD. I can't play games not to see this fking dam bleed and light at corners.
3. Angles. I have to sit at perfect dam position to minmize bleed/glow at corners etc. That is dam annoying. That is nowhere near comfortable playing. That sucks. I don't want that.
4. 1440p is great. I give it that. It is awesome to play with it. Also G-Sync. However- faulty chasis, bleeding, glow, angles! That is all JUST NOT FKING WORTH 850 euros.
5. This monitor is just not worth 850 euros. Hear me out- With its glow problems, bleed and other things- I would give it maximum of 500 euros. At this price I would be able to accept its faults.
6. I played at 60 FPS Thief, MGS, Watch Dogs and some others. Now I played on them on 80-120 FPS. And...yes. There is a differance. But not worth 850 euros. NOPE!

Right now I just play on it and every minute I feel like I overplayed for it by a HUGE margin. And I don't like it.

I have single OCed 980 Ti, 4790k CPU, nice case and some other things in my RIG. I don't feel like I overpayed for any of it. But with this monitor- I feel it on every step.

I think I am gonna buy for now some 144Hz TN/VA panel and just invest in second 980Ti to be able to play without G-Sync.

NOW- The only ONLY ONLY thing I will miss is G-Sync. Only that.


I will buy instantly VA, 1440p, 60Hz, G-Sync panel. Rest- not worth price for me.
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3395 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Ok, I decided I am gonna send my monitor back for now and wait for new Acer XB and check this out. If both won't work, I am gonna wait for new 34" monitors and check them out for glow/bleed. I had no dead pixels/dust. But that doesn't change other facts.

There are few things that forced me to that decision. Let me explain:

1. Immersion: I am just immersion guy. Period. I am not competetive player, nor needing 144 Hz in single player games. I plsu SP games, RPG games and some MMO games, sometimes low demanding games like MOBS or other. I don't give a dam about 144Hz..
2. Glow and blacklight bleed drives me MAD. MAD. Like really MAD. I can't play games not to see this fking dam bleed and light at corners.
3. Angles. I have to sit at perfect dam position to minmize bleed/glow at corners etc. That is dam annoying. That is nowhere near comfortable playing. That sucks. I don't want that.
4. 1440p is great. I give it that. It is awesome to play with it. Also G-Sync. However- faulty chasis, bleeding, glow, angles! That is all JUST NOT FKING WORTH 850 euros.
5. This monitor is just not worth 850 euros. Hear me out- With its glow problems, bleed and other things- I would give it maximum of 500 euros. At this price I would be able to accept its faults.
6. I played at 60 FPS Thief, MGS, Watch Dogs and some others. Now I played on them on 80-120 FPS. And...yes. There is a differance. But not worth 850 euros. NOPE!

Right now I just play on it and every minute I feel like I overplayed for it by a HUGE margin. And I don't like it.

I have single OCed 980 Ti, 4790k CPU, nice case and some other things in my RIG. I don't feel like I overpayed for any of it. But with this monitor- I feel it on every step.

I think I am gonna buy for now some 144Hz TN/VA panel and just invest in second 980Ti to be able to play without G-Sync.

NOW- The only ONLY ONLY thing I will miss is G-Sync. Only that.


I will buy instantly VA, 1440p, 60Hz, G-Sync panel. Rest- not worth price for me.


Well some good news for you. I think Samsung is coming out with a 34" 100Hz SVA Panel. It is an ultrawide however. Here is a tweet by TFTCentral on said monitor https://twitter.com/TFTCentral/status/629586222558629888
post #3396 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzone View Post

Well some good news for you. I think Samsung is coming out with a 34" 100Hz SVA Panel. It is an ultrawide however. Here is a tweet by TFTCentral on said monitor https://twitter.com/TFTCentral/status/629586222558629888

We do not even know if it will launch next year, we have no information on it so the release date is not even close, might not have Gsync on it as well, Samsung seem to be doing Freesync only at the moment.
post #3397 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

We do not even know if it will launch next year, we have no information on it so the release date is not even close, might not have Gsync on it as well, Samsung seem to be doing Freesync only at the moment.
damn i thunk pg279q is better then 278 but have more issues and don t know if for me it s better go ips over tn for gaming only :-/
post #3398 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

We do not even know if it will launch next year, we have no information on it so the release date is not even close, might not have Gsync on it as well, Samsung seem to be doing Freesync only at the moment.

I'm willing to switch to AMD for a worthy monitor, although I'd prefer not to. Does anyone other than Samsung use Samsung panels?
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3399 of 9400
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I'm willing to switch to AMD for a worthy monitor, although I'd prefer not to. Does anyone other than Samsung use Samsung panels?

You meam like overall? Eizo and Dell are using samsung panels for example. At least they used same panel for their flashship IPS 1080p 24" monitors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashim View Post

damn i thunk pg279q is better then 278 but have more issues and don t know if for me it s better go ips over tn for gaming only :-/

Honestly? I wouldn't go either of them. Both are basicelly e-peenises that have more flaws then worth the price.

I would wait for really worth upgrading monitor. Not IPS (at least not at this size, refresh rate and G-Sync), but VA or OLED and then buy it. Right now fast refresh rates panels are imo:

1. Not worth buying for immestions due to glow and bleed
2. Not worth buying for pure compteteive gaming if you can have cheaper TN panels with such as big refresh rate.

For competetive gaming I would buy EIZO FG2421 and call it a day till VA 1440p panel comes out.

Right now- it is just NOT WORTH money. Period.
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3400 of 9400
As far as I know Dell uses panels made by LG (except for their new gaming monitor).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC