Originally Posted by Benny89
Ok, I decided I am gonna send my monitor back for now and wait for new Acer XB and check this out. If both won't work, I am gonna wait for new 34" monitors and check them out for glow/bleed. I had no dead pixels/dust. But that doesn't change other facts.
There are few things that forced me to that decision. Let me explain:
1. Immersion: I am just immersion guy. Period. I am not competetive player, nor needing 144 Hz in single player games. I plsu SP games, RPG games and some MMO games, sometimes low demanding games like MOBS or other. I don't give a dam about 144Hz..
2. Glow and blacklight bleed drives me MAD. MAD. Like really MAD. I can't play games not to see this fking dam bleed and light at corners.
3. Angles. I have to sit at perfect dam position to minmize bleed/glow at corners etc. That is dam annoying. That is nowhere near comfortable playing. That sucks. I don't want that.
4. 1440p is great. I give it that. It is awesome to play with it. Also G-Sync. However- faulty chasis, bleeding, glow, angles! That is all JUST NOT FKING WORTH 850 euros.
5. This monitor is just not worth 850 euros. Hear me out- With its glow problems, bleed and other things- I would give it maximum of 500 euros. At this price I would be able to accept its faults.
6. I played at 60 FPS Thief, MGS, Watch Dogs and some others. Now I played on them on 80-120 FPS. And...yes. There is a differance. But not worth 850 euros. NOPE!
Right now I just play on it and every minute I feel like I overplayed for it by a HUGE margin. And I don't like it.
I have single OCed 980 Ti, 4790k CPU, nice case and some other things in my RIG. I don't feel like I overpayed for any of it. But with this monitor- I feel it on every step.
I think I am gonna buy for now some 144Hz TN/VA panel and just invest in second 980Ti to be able to play without G-Sync.
NOW- The only ONLY ONLY thing I will miss is G-Sync. Only that.
I will buy instantly VA, 1440p, 60Hz, G-Sync panel. Rest- not worth price for me.