Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 390

post #3891 of 9408
ALL the currently available 1440p G-Sync monitors, of which there aren't many, ultra-wide or not, are ridiculously priced if you ask me. The shocking QC issues and the lottery you enter into when making a purchase has the potential to make it a very frustrating experience for the consumer. These are supposed to be 'premium' products... what a joke! The gulf in both price and general quality between these monitors and 1080p offerings is shameful... despite the fact they're all inferior TN panels, they STILL do a far better job of giving the consumer what they want for good value. Anyone who wants 1440p G-Sync is getting shafted!! mad.gif I am convinced the profit margin on these monitors is HUGE also, they're laughing all the way to the bank.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3892 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

ALL the currently available 1440p G-Sync monitors, of which there aren't many, ultra-wide or not, are ridiculously priced if you ask me. The shocking QC issues and the lottery you enter into when making a purchase has the potential to make it a very frustrating experience for the consumer. These are supposed to be 'premium' products... what a joke! The gulf in both price and general quality between these monitors and 1080p offerings is shameful... despite the fact they're all inferior TN panels, they STILL do a far better job of giving the consumer what they want for good value. Anyone who wants 1440p G-Sync is getting shafted!! mad.gif I am convinced the profit margin on these monitors is HUGE also, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe not if return rate is maybe 70 - 80% biggrin.gif I would be willing to pay even more than 1K euro if they can guarantee me perfect panel with no dust, no dead pixels and no BLB/GLOW. I'm sure this is possible if they would want but obviously this is easier for them. Sell for ridiculous price and accept lot of returns. This way they can ignore QC pretty much and lot of customers will keep it anyway because they are frustrated to play more and more lottery.

But still the ratio of users complaining at forums is negligible to the amount of monitors they have sold... It's maybe 0.1% I have no idea so I believe there can be some good pieces. I will find soon... smile.gif
post #3893 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

Ohhh this makes sense! Yes its £998 BUT if the quality is spot on, atleast they get their moneys worth! No lottery on this panel will make it appealing to many potential buyers.

Well, it is not like X34 is perfect either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2e34HII1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVSVRiROSmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aRUF5ExJ6I&list=PLbbf-SGZFhqckppS-dZNCaTB-K6q5jvU4

But still better than AUO. I'd take that over glow/BLB.

However, X34 is waaaaaaay to expensive for me and overpriced. For its price in Poland I could get new Dell and second 980 Ti for SLI, so not good bet for me smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

Maybe not if return rate is maybe 70 - 80% biggrin.gif I would be willing to pay even more than 1K euro if they can guarantee me perfect panel with no dust, no dead pixels and no BLB/GLOW. I'm sure this is possible if they would want but obviously this is easier for them. Sell for ridiculous price and accept lot of returns. This way they can ignore QC pretty much and lot of customers will keep it anyway because they are frustrated to play more and more lottery.

But still the ratio of users complaining at forums is negligible to the amount of monitors they have sold... It's maybe 0.1% I have no idea so I believe there can be some good pieces. I will find soon... smile.gif

Well, but whole industry is going like that slowly. GPUs that have coil whine, dead ports, plastic, no wroking fans, faulty fans. Intel giving us laughtable "next generation" CPU that has like 10-13% better performance than pervious flagship CPUs just to make us buy it, buy new expensive Motherboards and new expensive totaly not-worth DDR4.

And guess what? People are going for it and buy it, feeding companies with money.

Premium keyboards that have broken software at release (Corsair series...), headphones that easly break because of cheap materials (Razer), overpriced cases which can have scratches and damaged parts (Corsair), AIO coolers with buzzing, rattling.

Generally speaking- QC overall is really lacking is last years but the problem is people still go and spend money on it so....why would you need good QC smile.gif
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3894 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

But still the ratio of users complaining at forums is negligible to the amount of monitors they have sold... It's maybe 0.1% I have no idea so I believe there can be some good pieces. I will find soon... smile.gif

There is no way to know the % of returns of course, but it is significant enough to see MANY people complaining about it on every online forum. I've never seen anything like it before. Of course, there will be some good examples, you just have to cross your fingers and hope... which is not how it should be!
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3895 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Premium keyboards that have broken software at release (Corsair series...), headphones that easly break because of cheap materials (Razer), overpriced cases which can have scratches and damaged parts (Corsair), AIO coolers with buzzing, rattling.

Generally speaking- QC overall is really lacking is last years but the problem is people still go and spend money on it so....why would you need good QC smile.gif

Yes, you're right... this is not isolated to a single monitor that's for sure. Standards have dropped across the board, and the consumer is ultimately to blame because we keep handing over our cash! Where's the INCENTIVE to improve QC when they make no less money, in fact MORE, by cutting corners and producing inferior quality products?? You can't really blame them at the end of the day though, they're just adhering to the first lesson you learn in business... make as much money as possible while keeping your customers happy... and most people seem happy to pay lots of money for cr*p quality it seems! mad.gif

Easy to say this is 'moaning', but it is a pretty accurate reflection of the industry as a whole, like it or not.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3896 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

There is no way to know the % of returns of course, but it is significant enough to see MANY people complaining about it on every online forum. I've never seen anything like it before. Of course, there will be some good examples, you just have to cross your fingers and hope... which is not how it should be!

I don't know. Some hate, some glorify... But look at the XB270HU owners club. I think this is the most relevant site for owners on the internet. There are around 350 pages but how many unique users are there ? Maybe 150, 200 ? From those some complaining but others say it's a great monitor. In owners list you can see that majority of users have 0 dead pixels but from discussions it looks like it is almost impossible to get and that this monitor is utter crap. So we can only talk about it but without a real experience it is hard to judge. I will get mine at the end of this week, or beginning the next so I will take my own review and post my experience here, resp. to acer's thread. And because I'm a very immersive person, I will have no mercy with him wink.gif
post #3897 of 9408
Acer has sent out a Press Release for the XB271HU. Will be priced at $800 in the US and will be released this months as well.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/170681

Looks like the US will be the first one to get this one. Will probably preorder this one from Newegg when the listing goes up. I'm also curious to see how the US batch of the PG279Q fares.
post #3898 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Boosta View Post

Acer has sent out a Press Release for the XB271HU. Will be priced at $800 in the US and will be released this months as well.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/170681

Looks like the US will be the first one to get this one. Will probably preorder this one from Newegg when the listing goes up. I'm also curious to see how the US batch of the PG279Q fares.

They should put some yellowish glow to those promo pictures and some BLB to bring them closer to reality biggrin.gif
post #3899 of 9408
Anyway, my retailer just called me and my new PG will be delivered to me tomorrow, so I hope for best this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Boosta View Post

Acer has sent out a Press Release for the XB271HU. Will be priced at $800 in the US and will be released this months as well.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/170681

Looks like the US will be the first one to get this one. Will probably preorder this one from Newegg when the listing goes up. I'm also curious to see how the US batch of the PG279Q fares.

Cool! Can't wait for user reviews on this one!
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3900 of 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

They should put some yellowish glow to those promo pictures and some BLB to bring them closer to reality biggrin.gif

Come on, don't be so pessimistic. Sure, there have been a lot of defective units in this threads. But I'm sure that there are units with minimal glow and BLB. There are a lot of people in the XB270Huowners club who've received great panels. For any product, it's always the people who are disappointed that are more vocal.

Besides, aren't you the one who ordered a XB270HU only a few days ago? I would be more optimistic if the monitor was due to arrive at my doorstep any day now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC