Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 419

post #4181 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

No, it won't help with BLB. I would say it can make even worse how the materials stretch more light can leak... See how Benny's was. At the beginning it was a keeper but then bleed developed. I asuume it is because heat. But I will see, have monitor on all day today... so far no change...

It's right that the amount of glow is pretty acceptable. It's far better then on my LG IPS 23" screen. But there is one bigger problem, at least with my sample, but already HEXUS mention this problem. It's luminance issue where top part of the screen is darker then the center point up to 28% which is unfortunately pretty visible on white solid backgrounds. Especially Windows 10 and during browsing. I found it quiet annoying here. Don't know if this is problem only in first batch (I have September 2015). Benny who has October 2015 did not notice it so far but he will do some tests.

This is video I've captured, you can see the reply window at bottom is pure white, while if I scroll at the top it changes it's brightness and has yellowish/reddish tint. XB270HU does not have this issue.

This is the problem HEXUS described:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monitors/87242-asus-rog-swift-pg279q/?page=3

Ergh that looks horrible with the yellow at the top. I did not have that on the MG279Q or XB270HU I had, erghhhhh another potential problem to add to the list.... The dell 2716 is looking more appealing, even though every time I have used TN before I have hated it... so it would have to be a lot better than the cheap TN screens I have seen before.

What is on your video really is crap on a £700 screen, I would not accept that. This is an example of why I was saying benny89 will probably regret returning his perfect PG279Q with a tiny bit of bleed.
post #4182 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanttii View Post

This. I'm so gonna try this. Did it work for anyone else? I wish I had known this when I still had the XB270HU!

I can confirm that in PG case it didn't work at all. I had about 4 bleeding spots in my first PG (September 2015 batch) and keeping it running 24h for almost full week DID not help with BLB at all.

It did reduce IPS glow a little, yes, but not BLB.

Now my replacement which you could see in previous posts is October 2015 and is 10 times better than September 2015 batch (yellow glow, super extensive yellowish glow in right corner). Uniform glow in all corner, IPS glow is small, subtle and only silverish/whiteish with tiny tiny little of blue. Only one bleeding place compare to 4 in previous one, however bigger and more noticable than any of those smaller ones in previous PG.

So, judging ONLY by my experience- batches definitely imporved A LOT from September to October.

Mine October 2015 PG right now is almost keeper, almost perfect. 90%. But again it got bleeding after few hours of using.

Since we supplier will have to order new batch for new to give me another replacement there is a chance I will maybe even get November 2015 batch. We will see.

Definetely September 2015 are worse than October 2015. If you see sticker on your monitow with September 2015, you better call supplier and demand October or November one. Trust me.
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4183 of 9398
Can't believe that these AHVA panels are so bad they are actually getting people to go to TN panels. Of course these newer TN panels aren't as bad as the old ones but still. Man everyday I just become more and more grateful to have scored a winning panel on the first try. Definitely will not be buying anymore monitors for while though.
X99
(14 items)
 
Z370
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Msi X99S SLI Plus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm LG 55B7A OLED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair RM1000 Corsair 750D Logitech G502 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm Objective ODAC+O2 Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k Msi Z370-A Pro EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue Cooler Master V750 Cooler Master H500P 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G402 AKG K7XX SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(14 items)
 
Z370
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Msi X99S SLI Plus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm LG 55B7A OLED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair RM1000 Corsair 750D Logitech G502 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm Objective ODAC+O2 Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k Msi Z370-A Pro EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue Cooler Master V750 Cooler Master H500P 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G402 AKG K7XX SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4184 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanttii View Post

Gosh. Why on Earth do these panels have some "killer bugs", blb on Acer and this on Asus?!!

Does lowering refresh rate and/or setting it to sRGB mode help? sRGB mode fixed weird issues on the SP3 OSX El Capitan, but ofc this is just a thought.. I see it got a tiny bit better after calibration, but that's probably not even noticeable.

No dude, there is no difference across various settings. Nothing helps, exactly as hexus stated. I want to believe it's some flaw of a first batch and they resolve it because this is really bad and complete deal breaker. Otherwise I would love this screen but this is a stopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pereb View Post

Wouldn't a bias light behind the monitor be better? Also, may I ask why 6500k instead of warm white which I assume would be better to reduce eye strain?
I had a XB270HU and a PG279Q, both had yellow tint on the left side of the monitor (which is apparently due to bad backlight uniformity). It's not exclusive to the Asus.
If my next one has the same issue I'm giving up on this panel entirely.

Yes, definitely, the yellow glow is because of light bleed. But my Acer has some bleed in bottom right corner only, all others are perfect. So I believe there is some without bleed but it would be almost impossible to find. I found lot of stuck pixels and probably one dead. On this resolution it is very tiny and it is not possible to see them without looking for them from closer distance.

So I don't know what to do. I would keep Asus, but that luminance issue is deal breaker. This acer is pretty good, only small amount of bleeding and those stuck pixels. I'm tired of that. One part of me would keep it and second one return and try XB271 or another PG279 from later batch. If I return maybe I get even worse... This is pure craziness smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Ergh that looks horrible with the yellow at the top. I did not have that on the MG279Q or XB270HU I had, erghhhhh another potential problem to add to the list.... The dell 2716 is looking more appealing, even though every time I have used TN before I have hated it... so it would have to be a lot better than the cheap TN screens I have seen before.

What is on your video really is crap on a £700 screen, I would not accept that. This is an example of why I was saying benny89 will probably regret returning his perfect PG279Q with a tiny bit of bleed.

It is man, you can't stop noticing. It reminds me exactly the same gradient known from TN technology. But this is maybe worse because it has some color in it. Looks like a flaw, hope they fix it. Waiting for Benny to confirm there is not this issue on his October model. This was the main reason I've returned 278Q and booom, this one has it as well. Unbelievable, what do they think ??? The only advantage that sides of the screen are yellowish but that's it. In all other aspects besides angles 278Q is better than this crap. I really, really hope, it was some defect in pilots. So definitely this one is going back to retailer and most probably I will return also Acer and wait for XB271 or until Asus, resp. AOU fix this panel. Maybe they already did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

I can confirm that in PG case it didn't work at all. I had about 4 bleeding spots in my first PG (September 2015 batch) and keeping it running 24h for almost full week DID not help with BLB at all.

It did reduce IPS glow a little, yes, but not BLB.

Now my replacement which you could see in previous posts is October 2015 and is 10 times better than September 2015 batch (yellow glow, super extensive yellowish glow in right corner). Uniform glow in all corner, IPS glow is small, subtle and only silverish/whiteish with tiny tiny little of blue. Only one bleeding place compare to 4 in previous one, however bigger and more noticable than any of those smaller ones in previous PG.

So, judging ONLY by my experience- batches definitely imporved A LOT from September to October.

Mine October 2015 PG right now is almost keeper, almost perfect. 90%. But again it got bleeding after few hours of using.

Since we supplier will have to order new batch for new to give me another replacement there is a chance I will maybe even get November 2015 batch. We will see.

Definetely September 2015 are worse than October 2015. If you see sticker on your monitow with September 2015, you better call supplier and demand October or November one. Trust me.

Did you have any change to check that uniformity issue ? Very curious on results, best if you can take same video as me so we can compare... Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post

Can't believe that these AHVA panels are so bad they are actually getting people to go to TN panels. Of course these newer TN panels aren't as bad as the old ones but still. Man everyday I just become more and more grateful to have scored a winning panel on the first try. Definitely will not be buying anymore monitors for while though.

Yes, it's crazy. You don't have any issues with your Acer ? No BLB, extensive glow, stuck/dead pixels ? I were counting my and I had at least 10! green pixels on a black backroad and found at least one dead. It's absolutely not visible from normal distance but I don't what to think. Seems to me damn much...
post #4185 of 9398
Kinda on and off topic. Went to see Spectre today. Noticed a lot of what has been classified as "IPS glow" on the screen at the theatre. The dark scenes had the silvery sheen around bottom mostly but some corners. Nothing total black. What would cause that on a projection screen?
post #4186 of 9398
I'm just curious why a "premium" product is using edge back lighting. My ips screen doesn't have the blackest blacks, but the lighting is perfectly even and there is no yellow or any other colors in the corners. But it isn't edge lit or even led lit.
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4187 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post

Yes, definitely, the yellow glow is because of light bleed. But my Acer has some bleed in bottom right corner only, all others are perfect. So I believe there is some without bleed but it would be almost impossible to find. I found lot of stuck pixels and probably one dead. On this resolution it is very tiny and it is not possible to see them without looking for them from closer distance.

I'm not talking about glow or bleed, but the yellow tint you're describing. I had this with two monitors (XB270HU and PG279Q), but on the left side of the monitor instead of the top (and by that I mean the entire left side, so about half of the screen). It's absolutely atrocious, it produces a color shift effect on both bright and dark colors. If those panels have color shift similar to TN AND terrible glow/bleed there's literally no point in buying these over a TN panel.
If I see that a third time with my next PG279Q I'll get a S2716DG (as much as I'd rather avoid TN) and a 27" 1080p VA or IPS as secondary monitor. That'll cost about the same as a PG279Q alone and most likely will give better results. I wanted a single monitor for everything but it looks like that won't be an option. Even now I'm debating cancelling my PG279Q order and save myself the potential hassle.
Edited by Pereb - 11/7/15 at 1:59pm
post #4188 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post

I'm just curious why a "premium" product is using edge back lighting. My ips screen doesn't have the blackest blacks, but the lighting is perfectly even and there is no yellow or any other colors in the corners. But it isn't edge lit or even led lit.

I have a NEC CCFL IPS, it has No bleed at all and not much IPS glow... This is the amazing new LED backlights :/ They are actually worse in every way except they are cheaper and thinner.
post #4189 of 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

I have a NEC CCFL IPS, it has No bleed at all and not much IPS glow... This is the amazing new LED backlights :/ They are actually worse in every way except they are cheaper and thinner.

Mine is CCFL as well, and I just keep seeing led monitors get my hopes up and end up being garbage. I guess if they keep it up, we eventually won't know what a good screen is, and will just pay a premium for the cheapest junk China can pump out.
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4190 of 9398
From reading this whole topic you can get the idea that people here care more about corners of the monitor more then games, I can't get how can you be distracted by a tiny bleed in the corner if you actually play something competitive online.. Maybe you just not gamer and you shouldn't get a high refresh monitor in the first place.. Get a 60hz perfect monitor and be happy.

Some people are being way to picky on this in the past gamer screens where much worse and it's clear these monitors aren't perfect so don't buy one "to play lottery" buy to play games.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC