Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 774

post #7731 of 9309
Hey mate im in Australia also and took the plunge yesterday and picked up a PG279Q. So far all i can say is WOW! What a flawless display. Beautiful colours, no dead pixels and amazing refresh rates. Maybe we are just lucky down under?
post #7732 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by butler180sx View Post

Hey mate im in Australia also and took the plunge yesterday and picked up a PG279Q. So far all i can say is WOW! What a flawless display. Beautiful colours, no dead pixels and amazing refresh rates. Maybe we are just lucky down under?
How is the color uniformity? Would you be able to take a pic with it on an all white background, and 25-30 brightness?
post #7733 of 9309
My Vendor has the PG279Q listed as IPS 165Hz Version, is that correct? And has the quality improved? Customer Reviews on that vendors site say that there are issue with totally wrong power cables, yellow glow and heavy BLB, but unfortunately no batch information.
Edited by Danzle - 1/20/16 at 1:20pm
post #7734 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzle View Post

My Vendor has the PG279Q listed as IPS 165Hz Version, is that correct? And has the quality improved? Customer Reviews on that vendors site say that there are issue with totally wrong power cables, yellow glow and heavy BLB, but unfortunately no batch information.
As far as I can tell, this is still a crap shoot with high chances of getting one with bad BLB and/or color uniformity issues.
post #7735 of 9309
Mate I got it from Umart here in Brisbane. I believe they have a Headquarters in Melbourne. PcGear in VIctoria also have the Acer xb1 monitor (I think they have ONE in stock) but I didnt want to risk shipping a dud all the way to Queensland and then have to return it. I went with UMart Brisbane as they are like 10 minutes away, I am a long tome customer who has spent tens of thousands of $$ with them and if I have any issues with gear they are very good at looking after me should I return it .Umart are stating that arrivals of the new Acer is 'undetermined' apparently some issue with production/sourcing?

I'm a VERY fussy hardware geek and this monitor is the best thing I have ever owned....i guess they sent all the good ones to Australia hey?
Edited by Gort3968 - 1/20/16 at 9:59pm
post #7736 of 9309
yep 165hz is basically an overclock. As I have stated I must have been lucky, I have been giving this monitor gaming hell for the last day or so and its just impressed me immensely. I cant actually believe some of the horror stories I have heard but they must be true for so many people to return their monitors. I guess all high production companies have their 'bad runs' every now and then/ Like a car manufacturer that produces millions of great cars then releases a few thousands with 'defects' one in a while.

I'm running a i7 6700k cpou @4.6ghz, two Evga superclocked GTX980ti's , Corsair h20 cooling, Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000hz DDR4, ssd drives etc..etc..There might be a slight difference between the 144hz and 166hz...but I figured that I run games absolutley maxed graphically wise and even with my rig there isn't much I can run consistently at 165fps, so I have left it a 144hz for now, Gsync on and well I'm a happy little camper.
post #7737 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort3968 View Post

I'm starting to think the people that got bad units of this monitor must be overseas?


Sadly, not the case here.

I have a December Build. I've got bleed along the top, it's not too bad. However I have the dreaded yellow glow in the bottom right and it only gets worse the more you move your head to the right side.
White testing it's pretty good.

I tried to take it back today, to the shop I purchased from. They wouldn't test it in the dark, so obviously it didn't show anywhere near the issues I have in a dark room where I game, on my gaming monitor.

So I'll take it up with ASUS tomorrow and see what happens. It's a week old and I just had enough of the bleeding as it's quite obvious in Fallout 4 in a number of places.


I'll post up some pics tomorrow for everyone. Also have video.
post #7738 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthehigheels View Post

Sadly, not the case here.

I have a December Build. I've got bleed along the top, it's not too bad. However I have the dreaded yellow glow in the bottom right and it only gets worse the more you move your head to the right side.
White testing it's pretty good.

I tried to take it back today, to the shop I purchased from. They wouldn't test it in the dark, so obviously it didn't show anywhere near the issues I have in a dark room where I game, on my gaming monitor.

So I'll take it up with ASUS tomorrow and see what happens. It's a week old and I just had enough of the bleeding as it's quite obvious in Fallout 4 in a number of places.


I'll post up some pics tomorrow for everyone. Also have video.

December build? First I have heard of, nice to hear.

How is the uniformity?

What is the beginning of the serial number?

F9LMQ - September
FALMQ - October
FBLMQ - November
December?
post #7739 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawN View Post

December build? First I have heard of, nice to hear.

How is the uniformity?

What is the beginning of the serial number?

F9LMQ - September
FALMQ - October
FBLMQ - November
December?

Uniformity is quite good compared to what I've seen in most posts / people that are having issues there.

FCLMQ smile.gif

Yeah AU was hard to come buy in stock, looks like they came good late Dec or early Jan - not totally sure as I was on holidays etc.
post #7740 of 9309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthehigheels View Post

Uniformity is quite good compared to what I've seen in most posts / people that are having issues there.

FCLMQ smile.gif

Yeah AU was hard to come buy in stock, looks like they came good late Dec or early Jan - not totally sure as I was on holidays etc.

Great, thanks!

Maybe i will give it a last try (On my fitfth monitor now)
4/5 had dust specks
2/5 had pressure marks (shining dots about 4x4 and 2x6 px)
2/5 had defect pixels (4 px in total)
All had uniformity issues, some more and some less.

My fifth monitor have 3 pressure marks, or shining dots.
Some uniformity issues.

Allthough minimal BLB and Glow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC