Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club - Page 1614

post #16131 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-A01 View Post

I noticed that the revisions of the bios are different.
Perhaps the cards have different components making them incompatible.

Here is yours that's modded.
http://www.filedropper.com/biosupdgop

THX for the BIOS---- BUT:


hmmm--

whats now???? there is an error.. BAD?
Code:
c:\nvflash>nvflash -6 bios2.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0)
Modified Version By Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GeForce GTX 980 Ti   (10DE,17C8,10DE,17C8) H:--:NRM S:00,B:0F,D:00,F:00

Current      - Version:84.00.36.00.36 ID:10DE:17C8:10DE:17C8
               BIOS-P/N@N10808 (Normal Board)
Replace with - Version:84.00.36.00.36 ID:10DE:17C8:10DE:17C8
               BIOS-P/N@N10808 (Normal Board)

Update display adapter firmware?
Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort):
The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the update process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (A1,3112) : FM FM25F02 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Command id:1000000E Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_VV failed
Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NEW
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_VBIOS_VERIFY_BIOS_SIG_FAIL

Command id:000E Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_VV failed
Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE
Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_VBIOS_VERIFY_BIOS_SIG_FAIL

Storing updated firmware image...
.........................
Verifying update...

ERROR: Mismatch at offset 0x00000000 - Expected value: 0x4E - Read back: 0xFF

c:\nvflash>

i think i have no more bios on my grafik device---
Code:
Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (A1,3112) : FM FM25F02 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Reading adapter firmware image...
IFR Data Size         : 0 bytes
Image Size            : 0 bytes
Version               : Unavailable (Invalid) (Disabled Image)
~CRC32                : 00000000
Image Hash            : N/A
Subsystem ID          : 0000-0000
Hierarchy ID          : None
Chip SKU              : N/A
Project               : N/A
CDP                   : N/A
UEFI Support          : No
UEFI Version          : N/A
UEFI Variant Id       : N/A ( Unknown )
UEFI Signer(s)        : Unsigned
InfoROM Version       : N/A
GPU Mode              : N/A
Saving of image completed.


and--its not possible to flash back my save BIOS-- the same errors--
Edited by reinhardrudi - 11/22/17 at 11:46am
post #16132 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardrudi View Post

THX for the BIOS---- BUT:


hmmm--

whats now???? there is an error.. BAD?
-

Should find an umodified original bios of yours.

It would be better to modify original to ensure no errors.

Also, when you compress a rom to a rar, it is possible that when unpackaged it may not be 1 to 1 of the original file.

I know sometimes 7zip and others sometimes do not correctly unrar Winrar files.

So judging from above, it is possible why these errors are occurring.

I'll dig around for original unmodified bios and get back with you.

Edit: Found this user submitted one
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/175219/175219

It says BIOS-P/N@N10808 as your original one had.

If that one does not work you should request bios from palit support.
Edited by Agent-A01 - 11/22/17 at 12:02pm
post #16133 of 16161
THX --- i wait and i dont restart my PC--

i test the BIOS from techpowerup :

Palit super jetstream--
Code:
ERROR: Mismatch at offset 0x00000000 - Expected value: 0x4E - Read back: 0xFF
greez
reinhard
post #16134 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardrudi View Post

THX --- i wait and i dont restart my PC--

i test the BIOS from techpowerup Pali super jetstream--
Code:
ERROR: Mismatch at offset 0x00000000 - Expected value: 0x4E - Read back: 0xFF
greez
reinhard

See edit

Also nvflash 6 argument is for flashing to different GPUs, you don't need that one unless it says PCI mismatch,

Also you may try -r argument, to turn off eeprom protection
Edited by Agent-A01 - 11/22/17 at 12:07pm
post #16135 of 16161
ok
nvflash -r bios.rom

ok??


ERROR: Mismatch at offset 0x00000000 - Expected value: 0x4E - Read back: 0xFF
Edited by reinhardrudi - 11/22/17 at 12:17pm
post #16136 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardrudi View Post

ok
nvflash -r bios.rom

ok??

Yes.

or try nvflash --protectoff -4-5-6 bios.rom
post #16137 of 16161
ok

i think that is my last chance to save my 980..... only errors

hmm .. with this command i only get a list of potions....
Edited by reinhardrudi - 11/22/17 at 12:31pm
post #16138 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardrudi View Post

ok

i think that is my last chance to save my 980..... only errors

hmm .. with this command i only get a list of potions....

nvflash -r -4 -5 -6

-r = protect off, so not necessary to type thew whole word.

make sure there are spaces between the options.

Also, if none of above works you may try other nvflash here.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1521334/official-nvflash-with-certificate-checks-bypassed-for-gtx-950-960-970-980-980ti-titan-x

Worst comes to worse you can always use a spi programmer; they are cheap and fairly easy to use.
post #16139 of 16161
Code:
c:\nvflash>nvflash 980tiJS.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.218)
Modified Version by Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Graphics Device      (10DE,17C8,10DE,17C8) H:--:NRM S:00,B:0F,PCI,D:00,F:00

NOTE: EEPROM appears to be erased:
NOTE: Skipping PCI Subsystem ID and board ID checks.
NOTE: Only correct GPU checked.
NOTE: EEPROM does not contain board ID, skipping board ID check.
Current      - Version:Unavailable (Invalid) ID:0000:0000:FFFF:FFFF

Replace with - Version:84.00.41.00.1C ID:10DE:17C8:10DE:17C8
               BIOS-P/N@N10904 (Normal Board)

Update display adapter firmware?
Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort):
The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the update process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (A1,3112) : FM FM25F02 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
WARNING: Adapter does not have a preservation table,
unable to preserve board settings.
Clearing original firmware image...
Storing updated firmware image...
........
Verifying update...
Update successful.

Firmware image has been updated from version Unavailable (Invalid) to 84.00.41.00.1C.

A reboot is required for the update to take effect.


c:\nvflash>


is now everything ok ????

:-)

i test a nother nvflash from here and the 980tiJS rom is flashed-- or???


now the big moment and reboot???
Edited by reinhardrudi - 11/22/17 at 12:51pm
post #16140 of 16161
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhardrudi View Post

Code:
c:\nvflash>nvflash 980tiJS.rom

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.218)
Modified Version by Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: Graphics Device      (10DE,17C8,10DE,17C8) H:--:NRM S:00,B:0F,PCI,D:00,F:00

NOTE: EEPROM appears to be erased:
NOTE: Skipping PCI Subsystem ID and board ID checks.
NOTE: Only correct GPU checked.
NOTE: EEPROM does not contain board ID, skipping board ID check.
Current      - Version:Unavailable (Invalid) ID:0000:0000:FFFF:FFFF

Replace with - Version:84.00.41.00.1C ID:10DE:17C8:10DE:17C8
               BIOS-P/N@N10904 (Normal Board)

Update display adapter firmware?
Press 'y' to confirm (any other key to abort):
The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds or more during the update process depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (A1,3112) : FM FM25F02 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
WARNING: Adapter does not have a preservation table,
unable to preserve board settings.
Clearing original firmware image...
Storing updated firmware image...
........
Verifying update...
Update successful.

Firmware image has been updated from version Unavailable (Invalid) to 84.00.41.00.1C.

A reboot is required for the update to take effect.


c:\nvflash>


is now everything ok ????

:-)

i test a nother nvflash from here and the 980tiJS rom is flashed-- or???


now the big moment and reboot???

Yes the output there looks good.

So great, we found the correct bios.

Save that one for a backup, I'll modify that one and it should be good.

Next time remember to always save original bios and to not .rar it when uploading it just in case smile.gif

But interesting side note is that it says N10904 instead of the 10808.
Just make sure everything is stable before we continue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club