Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Doom 4 Information and Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Doom 4 Information and Discussion - Page 117

post #1161 of 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post

It's got positive reviews from basically everyone for its single player. It's the best single player FPS I've played since HL1/2. Are you wishing it was Doom 3? Because Doom 3 was garbage.

i like the Doom 3 graphics and the atmosphere and and shock value in the game. At the time it was pretty much cutting edge in PC games.

I was kinda disappointed that Doom 2016 never had the same shock value and creepy feel about it. frown.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1162 of 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post

Yeah, the 1080 is pretty stout, I know it'll play most of everything out now around 60 fps. I'm still not sure what I want exactly. As you said, the X34 and such cost too much for just a monitor.
I was going to go all out and get one but I just couldn't justify spending that much on a monitor.

I'm putting that saved money towards another sports car if anything, but I'll def upgrade to 4K here in the next 2-3 years.

Yep, same thoughts on my end. I feel 4K may justify me going SLI sooner than later with the 1080, though biggrin.gif. With 2K, it would've been overkill in games that it scales with.
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1163 of 1695
Any word on when we will have SLI on this game?
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1164 of 1695
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

Any word on when we will have SLI on this game?

No.
BEAST
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K Asus P9X79 Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Kingston HyperX Savage (64GBs) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Black (1TB) Western Digital Black (1TB) Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) Intel Water Cooling TS13X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung LS27B970DS/EN Das Keyboard 4 Professional Coolermaster Silent Pro M2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer Ouroboros Steelseries 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core M Processor  Intel HD Graphics 5300 8 GB 1600 MHz LPDDR3 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage 
OSMonitor
OS X Yosemite 2304x1440 
  hide details  
Reply
BEAST
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K Asus P9X79 Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Kingston HyperX Savage (64GBs) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Black (1TB) Western Digital Black (1TB) Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) Intel Water Cooling TS13X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung LS27B970DS/EN Das Keyboard 4 Professional Coolermaster Silent Pro M2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer Ouroboros Steelseries 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core M Processor  Intel HD Graphics 5300 8 GB 1600 MHz LPDDR3 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage 
OSMonitor
OS X Yosemite 2304x1440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1165 of 1695
Thread Starter 
New Features and Optimizations

General:

Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)

Campaign:

Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)

Multiplayer

Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.

SnapMap

Added Original Author to the map info page
Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
Added Sky/Window props
Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches

Fixes

Single Player

Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC) Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)

Multiplayer

Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
Matchmaking improvements (Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host, fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times, fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes)
Bug and stability fixes

SnapMap

Fixed Asian language font issues
Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
Various map error fixes
Various logic fixes
Various stability fixes

PC-Only: Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
BEAST
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K Asus P9X79 Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Kingston HyperX Savage (64GBs) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Black (1TB) Western Digital Black (1TB) Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) Intel Water Cooling TS13X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung LS27B970DS/EN Das Keyboard 4 Professional Coolermaster Silent Pro M2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer Ouroboros Steelseries 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core M Processor  Intel HD Graphics 5300 8 GB 1600 MHz LPDDR3 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage 
OSMonitor
OS X Yosemite 2304x1440 
  hide details  
Reply
BEAST
(15 items)
 
MacBook
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K Asus P9X79 Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Kingston HyperX Savage (64GBs) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital Black (1TB) Western Digital Black (1TB) Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) Intel Water Cooling TS13X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung LS27B970DS/EN Das Keyboard 4 Professional Coolermaster Silent Pro M2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer Ouroboros Steelseries 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core M Processor  Intel HD Graphics 5300 8 GB 1600 MHz LPDDR3 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage 
OSMonitor
OS X Yosemite 2304x1440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1166 of 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

New Features and Optimizations

General:

Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)

Campaign:

Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)

Multiplayer

Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.

SnapMap

Added Original Author to the map info page
Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
Added Sky/Window props
Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches

Fixes

Single Player

Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC) Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)

Multiplayer

Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
Matchmaking improvements (Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host, fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times, fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes)
Bug and stability fixes

SnapMap

Fixed Asian language font issues
Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
Various map error fixes
Various logic fixes
Various stability fixes

PC-Only: Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud

Seems like a decent patch. Testing imminently.
post #1167 of 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Seems like a decent patch. Testing imminently.

Beside's failing to bring Sli support. I'd be pissed if I was running high refresh rate 1440p or 4k.
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1168 of 1695
still no vulkan and no sli support... just awesome rolleyes.gif
post #1169 of 1695
Apparently either my RAM isn't stable with the XMP profile or DOOM just hates overclocked RAM.

Been getting non-stop crashes on the last level trying to get all secrets and challenges done, usually after just 5 minutes. Before this, the game would just crash at random, maybe 15 minutes into the game or 5 hours later or it would never crash. I set my RAM back to default DDR4 speeds and had no issues, then I set it back to the XMP profile and upped the voltage just a bit, from 1.350 to 1.355 and still haven't had issues so far.
post #1170 of 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHo29388 View Post

Apparently either my RAM isn't stable with the XMP profile or DOOM just hates overclocked RAM.

Been getting non-stop crashes on the last level trying to get all secrets and challenges done, usually after just 5 minutes. Before this, the game would just crash at random, maybe 15 minutes into the game or 5 hours later or it would never crash. I set my RAM back to default DDR4 speeds and had no issues, then I set it back to the XMP profile and upped the voltage just a bit, from 1.350 to 1.355 and still haven't had issues so far.
sooooooo, you fixed your issue with a minor voltage bump it sounds like... sounds normal to me. I always run my ram slightly more then what its rated for, for this exact issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Doom 4 Information and Discussion