Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Ratpadz still the best?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ratpadz still the best? - Page 2

post #11 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

The sunboard glide is different than HDPE, but how different regarding its glide and effortless movement?

Could you say if one is better than the other regarding effortless glide?

Well the sunboard is a variation of HDPE so it's not that different. If I had to pick between the two, I would pick the sunboard primarily because of the size (other one is 14"x10"x0.375") but not the glide. I will be 100% happy with the glide of either.

They are both very effortless. I wish I had a 3310 mouse and I could test if it has tracking issues on the sunboard as well. I just tried out an Intelli 1.1 on both pads, with the slightest tilt, the mouse starts skipping on the HDPE but not on the Sunboard. If the same applies for 3310 sensors, then sunboard is the clear winner by far.

My main mouse is a G303 (sometimes G402), both of them have excellent sensors and they both work perfectly on both pads.
post #12 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post

I've had a ratpad xt for years and I have no desire to switch. I find them to be perfect.

They are, but that size is simply not enough for anyone that needs at least a medium pad.
post #13 of 87
Hm. Maybe the Func pads are what you're looking for?
post #14 of 87
I feel bad for saying this...but I have that too frown.gif

It doesn't even compare, once you're used to this, there's very little that'll match.
post #15 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post

I feel bad for saying this...but I have that too frown.gif

It doesn't even compare, once you're used to this, there's very little that'll match.

You mean the func pad? I've never tried them before but I know what you mean, when I tried the Razer destrucrtor II i was blown away because of the glide and I couldn't ever use anything made from cloth ever again, including the Steelseries DeX which is supposed to be the fastest cloth pad, which is slow next to the destructor II

I will be buying the sunboard as well as it isn't that expensive, and I will try them my self, comparing the white HDPE sheet with the sunboard.
post #16 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post

Well the sunboard is a variation of HDPE so it's not that different. If I had to pick between the two, I would pick the sunboard primarily because of the size (other one is 14"x10"x0.375") but not the glide. I will be 100% happy with the glide of either.

They are both very effortless. I wish I had a 3310 mouse and I could test if it has tracking issues on the sunboard as well. I just tried out an Intelli 1.1 on both pads, with the slightest tilt, the mouse starts skipping on the HDPE but not on the Sunboard. If the same applies for 3310 sensors, then sunboard is the clear winner by far.

My main mouse is a G303 (sometimes G402), both of them have excellent sensors and they both work perfectly on both pads.

I just looked for a sunboard sheet on Amazon and I couldn't find it, you sure it isn't this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Seaboard-Density-Polyethylene-Finish-Length/dp/B00K2QT1XO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1446701974&sr=8-4&keywords=HDPE+sheet

If it is, it's called seaboard tongue.gif
post #17 of 87
I bought the Sunboard through a plastics company. If you order through them, you won't have the return privileges like Amazon.

I tried the Sunboard because my friend tried that Seaboard you linked to but couldn't keep it because of its massive size + no tools/skills to cut it.

From what the plastics company told me, Sunboard is a direct successor to Starboard and they are not familiar with Seaboard. I think Seaboard is proprietary plastic for Vycom and from what I can tell, it is a variation of Starboard.

I know these names are getting crazy. I'll just summarize it to this, if you have the tools and skills, get it from Amazon as they have the lowest price and return privileges. If not, contact a plastics company near you and see what they have to offer, or get it from the online store like I did.

No returns though, so if you don't like it (highly doubt you will not) then it will be a cutting board. In fact, if you do have an IKEA cutting board, then try gliding your mouse over that and see if you like it. Those are made of LDPE, similar to HDPE but less durable if I recall correctly.
Edited by aayman_farzand - 11/5/15 at 2:30pm
post #18 of 87
For anyone still interested, these pictures are for texture comparison between the Ratpadz (on top) vs sunboard,


IMG_2240.JPG 1625k .JPG file IMG_2239.JPG 1967k .JPG file
post #19 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post

For anyone still interested, these pictures are for texture comparison between the Ratpadz (on top) vs sunboard,

Sexy mama! Thx for the pictures. I emailed the plastics company to ask about buying a sunboard today smile.gif
post #20 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh wow Secret Cow View Post

Sexy mama! Thx for the pictures. I emailed the plastics company to ask about buying a sunboard today smile.gif

Good to know! Post back how much he quotes and the dimensions. AND MAKE SURE YOU GET IT DEBURRED! He forgot to do mine last time and I had to sand it myself. It wasn't a lot of work so didn't make a fuss about it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Ratpadz still the best?