Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club - Page 581

post #5801 of 11621
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneB1t View Post

it is base wink.gif i calculate with gpu boost

With boost 2.0, most of the 970s boost to 1440 and higher...some as high as 1500. But that's not base. The base core clock for the GM204 is what's set in the stock reference bios. /wink
post #5802 of 11621
This is AMD thread, not for 970 fanbois with their inferior cards, get out.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5803 of 11621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post

With boost 2.0, most of the 970s boost to 1440 and higher...some as high as 1500. But that's not base. The base core clock for the GM204 is what's set in the stock reference bios. /wink
thats reason why there is not much gained from OC

so all fanboys talking about nvidia awesome overclock are just blind and they not see that card allready running at high frequency so there is not much to gain from overclocking
Edited by OneB1t - 1/29/16 at 9:43am
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5804 of 11621
I thought that it was common knowledge by now that Maxwell's greatest strength is perhaps the very high clocks it hits. Like, seriously, clock for clock I don't think even the 980ti is really better than a 390x. But a 980ti will hit 1500MHz easy, while most 390x (And generally Hawaii cards) will do 1150MHz? 1200MHz tops. Each architecture has its strengths and weaknesses and we've known for a while.

What would be really interesting is a comparison of a max overclocked 290x/390x to a max overclocked 980 (non-ti). I think they may be going neck to neck...
Edited by tolis626 - 1/29/16 at 10:04am
post #5805 of 11621
980ti is also bigger chip without double precision performance (601mm vs 438mm for hawaii)
980 is now close to 390X even after full overclock
Edited by OneB1t - 1/29/16 at 10:26am
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5806 of 11621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

This is AMD thread, not for 970 fanbois with their inferior cards, get out.

I own a 290x lol
post #5807 of 11621
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626 View Post

I thought that it was common knowledge by now that Maxwell's greatest strength is perhaps the very high clocks it hits. Like, seriously, clock for clock I don't think even the 980ti is really better than a 390x. But a 980ti will hit 1500MHz easy, while most 390x (And generally Hawaii cards) will do 1150MHz? 1200MHz tops. Each architecture has its strengths and weaknesses and we've known for a while.

What would be really interesting is a comparison of a max overclocked 290x/390x to a max overclocked 980 (non-ti). I think they may be going neck to neck...

In some game titles, maybe. But in benchmarks? No. Not quite.
post #5808 of 11621
just wait for DX12 + async shaders
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5809 of 11621
That's possible. But by the time enough new titles are out that actually utilize it, AMD and NVIDIA both will have new gens released. /shrug
post #5810 of 11621
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneB1t View Post

thats reason why there is not much gained from OC

so all fanboys talking about nvidia awesome overclock are just blind and they not see that card allready running at high frequency so there is not much to gain from overclocking

I'm not sure about fanboys, but....I highly overclocked 970 will keep right up with a highly overclocked 390. I'm not sure why it's so important for one to be the best, but...whatever. They're both so even it's not even funny. lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club