Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club - Page 990

post #9891 of 11962
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Right where you should consider calling it a day.

If you add another 50mV, temps will rise faster and higher.
Those are hot. Yeah. Is 1100/1625 not enough for you?

Can I keep it at that or only go to 70c?
post #9892 of 11962
I'd take a 75C limit for suspended period of time (Gaming).

Some cards start to artifact once VRM reaches 75C. And as always, cooler is better.

Try to optimise your air flow before pushing things higher. Take off the case fan and see if the temps drop. If they do by a significant amount, play around your case optimisation.

But bottomline, gaming at 64 fps may not really give you a significant advantage over 60 fps. That is sometimes what you gain for a 50MHz more OC. But with the cost of temps.

thumb.gif I hope that makes sense.
post #9893 of 11962
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I'd take a 75C limit for suspended period of time (Gaming).

Some cards start to artifact once VRM reaches 75C. And as always, cooler is better.

Try to optimise your air flow before pushing things higher. Take off the case fan and see if the temps drop. If they do by a significant amount, play around your case optimisation.

But bottomline, gaming at 64 fps may not really give you a significant advantage over 60 fps. That is sometimes what you gain for a 50MHz more OC. But with the cost of temps.

thumb.gif I hope that makes sense.
https://i.gyazo.com/70128f53913404555d9bff475228fe7e.png
safe now
post #9894 of 11962



What a bit undervolting can do.... Still a good bench. the clock from 1040 to 1000 and the mem from 1500 to 1400(with better timings)
The temps just reach 60°(core and vrm) with ambient @ 26°
With lower memory i could lower the voltage more but... this is already nice.

How far can you undervolt? silly summer^^
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9895 of 11962
Undervolting requires you to lower the voltage. From the screenshot you are just underclocking. Actual undervolting increases the average voltage but drastically decreases current.
post #9896 of 11962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwin View Post

Undervolting requires you to lower the voltage. From the screenshot you are just underclocking. Actual undervolting increases the average voltage but drastically decreases current.

it is -31 mvolt so far^^
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9897 of 11962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post

it is -31 mvolt so far^^

You can go lower. I believe in you. For reference my 390X was able to undervolt from 1100mhz@ ~1.275V (bios level) to 1050mhz @ 1.156V.
post #9898 of 11962
Lol. To go fast.
Or the sound, intelligent word the world prefers is performance. It's like buying a Shelby Mustang over a Civic. No way do you buy a Corvette just to wave at the neighbors. I like playing first person shooter. I'm like a kid with a water gun again. In the case of winning or losing, I rather it comes down to how capable I physically and mentally am to beat my opponent. At least I know the failure is me, not the hardware. But if you're asking why didn't I buy the 390X instead of the 390, well, that's a matter of small, funny funds. Otherwise, I'd love to buy a Ferrari over a Corvette, lol.
But why not overclock? Heck, we paid for the performance of the card and it'll be down the wayside with the Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs in a couple of years. We already know overclocking doesn't kill a gpu card outright so why not enjoy what we have?
post #9899 of 11962
Hmm. somehow I missed joining my answer to musimus' comment. Sorry.
post #9900 of 11962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexer View Post

Lol. To go fast.
Or the sound, intelligent word the world prefers is performance. It's like buying a Shelby Mustang over a Civic. No way do you buy a Corvette just to wave at the neighbors. I like playing first person shooter. I'm like a kid with a water gun again. In the case of winning or losing, I rather it comes down to how capable I physically and mentally am to beat my opponent. At least I know the failure is me, not the hardware. But if you're asking why didn't I buy the 390X instead of the 390, well, that's a matter of small, funny funds. Otherwise, I'd love to buy a Ferrari over a Corvette, lol.
But why not overclock? Heck, we paid for the performance of the card and it'll be down the wayside with the Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs in a couple of years. We already know overclocking doesn't kill a gpu card outright so why not enjoy what we have?

i have a oc profile @1200/1700... but at this heat in my room.. its not funny. I wanna stil game in the summer without dying on a heat, while my gpus are happy with there water xD. Not everyone have an AC. I life under a roof sloping. Have sun on it for 6 hours^^
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
Cube of Love
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 5930k asus x99 rog rampage V Palit 1080 TI F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1x2TB 1x500GB 1x250GB Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240  EKWB 1080TI Nickel Pumpe Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Plexi Ausgleichsbehälter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT 16/10 Barrow Fittings Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Acer XG270HU AOC AG271QG Roccat ryos FX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
super flower leadex 1200 Thermaltake Core X9 Roccat kone xtd Roccat 
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD little dot MKII akg k712 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club