Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Best Graphics Card under $300 HELP Me Please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Graphics Card under $300 HELP Me Please - Page 9

post #81 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Nope, hyperthreading is not going to make it run any faster. Yes they depend on CPU, but i7 really isn't a more powerful CPU. It just has a few features that are great for rendering, editing, etc. 90% games get within 3fps at the same clocks if it's i5 vs i7.
Even fif you are able to clock an i5 100MHz higher it will outperform an i7 of the same generation. They have the same IPC, cores, everything that matters in your case is exactly the same. SO use that $100 you will save on getting a Noctua NH-D15 and you will be able to overclock you i5 way more than an i7 on a crappy Hyper 212 Evo.

wink.gif

And as for ram, my # recommendation is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231538
No matter what your CPU supports as max frequency, you can just turn down the frequency AND lower the timings to get the same performance. ANd also, if you aren't using above 80-90% of your RAM, you don't need any more, so don't even THINK about getting 16GB. So many people waste their money on that.
I just needed to hear that coz cost diff between i5 & i7 is quite huge so much that I can buy a mobo with that money
post #82 of 92
The difference is that i7 have Hyperthreading and simulate 8 thread/cores, good for some applications, but let's put it that way, in some games you will get little more average and minimum frame rates with an i7, is it worth it ? you be the judge of that, i'd say i7 is if you plan to go ultra high end with the card or just high end, also screen 144hz, higher res etc..

In most games though the i5 and i7 show very similar performances, if not exactly the same, that's mostly when the game isn't CPU bound., which means whether you have an i7 or a 5960x you won't benefit much, by the way just look at 5960x benchmarks and you'll see how the i7 and i5 performs slightly under a 1k CPU, in most cases.

And if you really wanna buy a 300 new GPU then I'd say a r9 390 8gb..future proof, hard to beat. 320 msrp not sure in your country..
Edited by StrongForce - 6/26/15 at 7:26am
The Kraken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k@4.5@1.36v Asrock z170 Extreme 6 Gigabytes Windforce R9 290x @ 1180/1500 G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200 Mhz Cl16@3580mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Caviar Black 640Gb Crucial MX 100 256Gb Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
ID Cooling FrostFlow 240 Windows 7/8/10 Asus Vw266h Crossover 2795@95hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair AX760i Phanteks Enthoo Primo SteelSeries Sensei+Coolermaster Alcor 
Audio
Corsair 1500D 
  hide details  
Reply
The Kraken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k@4.5@1.36v Asrock z170 Extreme 6 Gigabytes Windforce R9 290x @ 1180/1500 G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200 Mhz Cl16@3580mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Caviar Black 640Gb Crucial MX 100 256Gb Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
ID Cooling FrostFlow 240 Windows 7/8/10 Asus Vw266h Crossover 2795@95hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair AX760i Phanteks Enthoo Primo SteelSeries Sensei+Coolermaster Alcor 
Audio
Corsair 1500D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 92
look at the variants in temps, as msi is hotter than saphire - just an example thumb.gif
post #84 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Nope, hyperthreading is not going to make it run any faster. Yes they depend on CPU, but i7 really isn't a more powerful CPU. It just has a few features that are great for rendering, editing, etc. 90% games get within 3fps at the same clocks if it's i5 vs i7.
Even fif you are able to clock an i5 100MHz higher it will outperform an i7 of the same generation. They have the same IPC, cores, everything that matters in your case is exactly the same. SO use that $100 you will save on getting a Noctua NH-D15 and you will be able to overclock you i5 way more than an i7 on a crappy Hyper 212 Evo.

wink.gif

And as for ram, my # recommendation is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231538
No matter what your CPU supports as max frequency, you can just turn down the frequency AND lower the timings to get the same performance. ANd also, if you aren't using above 80-90% of your RAM, you don't need any more, so don't even THINK about getting 16GB. So many people waste their money on that.

out of these 2 rams which 1 should i get for my system as of now

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-8-gb-1-x-gb-pc-dram-cmv8gx3m1a1333c9/p/itmdfb26zyu4bnbd?pid=RAMDFB24Z7XSMDZB&ref=L%3A8209423574886992154&srno=b_13
OR
http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-nt-ddr3-8-gb-1-x-gb-pc-dram-f3-10600cl9s-8gbnt/p/itmdbm7kcqgjehv4?pid=RAMDBM7EMRBYVQ7A&icmpid=reco_pp_same_desktopcomponent_ram_5&ppid=RAMDFB24Z7XSMDZB
post #85 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.nemesis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Nope, hyperthreading is not going to make it run any faster. Yes they depend on CPU, but i7 really isn't a more powerful CPU. It just has a few features that are great for rendering, editing, etc. 90% games get within 3fps at the same clocks if it's i5 vs i7.
Even fif you are able to clock an i5 100MHz higher it will outperform an i7 of the same generation. They have the same IPC, cores, everything that matters in your case is exactly the same. SO use that $100 you will save on getting a Noctua NH-D15 and you will be able to overclock you i5 way more than an i7 on a crappy Hyper 212 Evo.

wink.gif

And as for ram, my # recommendation is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231538
No matter what your CPU supports as max frequency, you can just turn down the frequency AND lower the timings to get the same performance. ANd also, if you aren't using above 80-90% of your RAM, you don't need any more, so don't even THINK about getting 16GB. So many people waste their money on that.

out of these 2 rams which 1 should i get for my system as of now

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-8-gb-1-x-gb-pc-dram-cmv8gx3m1a1333c9/p/itmdfb26zyu4bnbd?pid=RAMDFB24Z7XSMDZB&ref=L%3A8209423574886992154&srno=b_13
OR
http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-nt-ddr3-8-gb-1-x-gb-pc-dram-f3-10600cl9s-8gbnt/p/itmdbm7kcqgjehv4?pid=RAMDBM7EMRBYVQ7A&icmpid=reco_pp_same_desktopcomponent_ram_5&ppid=RAMDFB24Z7XSMDZB

Neither, Get this. http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-sdram-khx1600c9d3b1k2-8gx/p/itmdg5dhzha9phzs?pid=RAMDG5DHJMBH4XKG&ref=L%3A-8681016236039255526&srno=b_27
1600MHz 6-7-8-9 Timings Rs. 5,100
Just set it to 1333MHz in bios when it boots. Most bioses will do this automatically, even ones that have no overclocking options. Then you will have fantastic timings to make up for the low frequency. 1333MHz actually can be a bottleneck on modern systems, so when you upgrade in 2 years 1333 would hold you back a little.
Make sure you get a good CPU cooler in your budget. Noctua CPU coolers will work on AMD and Intel, and if either AMD or Intel make a platform that it doesn't fit on Noctua will give you a new mounting plate and hardware that works FOR FREE. (Not 100% sure if that works in outside of North America).

Speaking of, if you could fly to the USA and back for less than $350 you could actually buy a whole new computer with how cheap parts are here, then fly back home and it will have cost you less to build a PC. This would only work if you spend a lot here though to make up for travel costs. I'm just guessing but probably $1500+ biggrin.gif
post #86 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Neither, Get this. http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-sdram-khx1600c9d3b1k2-8gx/p/itmdg5dhzha9phzs?pid=RAMDG5DHJMBH4XKG&ref=L%3A-8681016236039255526&srno=b_27
1600MHz 6-7-8-9 Timings Rs. 5,100
Just set it to 1333MHz in bios when it boots. Most bioses will do this automatically, even ones that have no overclocking options. Then you will have fantastic timings to make up for the low frequency. 1333MHz actually can be a bottleneck on modern systems, so when you upgrade in 2 years 1333 would hold you back a little.
Make sure you get a good CPU cooler in your budget. Noctua CPU coolers will work on AMD and Intel, and if either AMD or Intel make a platform that it doesn't fit on Noctua will give you a new mounting plate and hardware that works FOR FREE. (Not 100% sure if that works in outside of North America).

Speaking of, if you could fly to the USA and back for less than $350 you could actually buy a whole new computer with how cheap parts are here, then fly back home and it will have cost you less to build a PC. This would only work if you spend a lot here though to make up for travel costs. I'm just guessing but probably $1500+ biggrin.gif

http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-sniper-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-dram-f3-12800cl9d-8gbsr/p/itmd2rysgnzymxvq?pid=RAMD2RYRXMDFERF6&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computeraccessory_ram_5&ppid=RAMDG5DHJMBH4XKG
would this be any better? it has a 10yrs warranty
post #87 of 92
Thread Starter 
do i have to get a cpu now? because i already have evo tx3 hyper from cooler master. in future i plan to get a corsair water cooler...

for now i would like to use the amd phenom II x2 555BE and overclock it(i need to learn it though) and also unlock the cores with the mobo i have..
post #88 of 92
Thread Starter 
post #89 of 92
Oh this is strange. Usually 1x8 is cheaper than 2x4. There is basically zero discernible performance difference between running single channel and dual channel. Especially for gaming you will see zero difference. I figured I'd save you electrity and money, but buying two 4GB modules is cheaper.
Yes, definitely get two of these http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-blu-ddr3-4-gb-pc-dram-khx1600c9d3b1-4g/p/itmd9zdfmetkss2t?pid=RAMD9ZDYDQQCWGAQ
It's possible that you're able to run them at 1600MHz with the right settings. A CPU overclock may actually be the difference of 1333 only and 1600Mhz ram which will give you about 1-2 more fps. Not exactly noticable, but if you're at 30fps and gain 5fps that's VERY noticeable. Trust me on this. I've been enduring <40FPS on The Witcher 3 and every little bit counts.
So perhaps we will find enough things (after CPU and GPU) to increase your FPS by another 5 or 6, which you will notice and enjoy. biggrin.gif

Also, If you would like, I can help you overclock that system the the absolute maximum. I own an Athlon II X4 630 @ 3.5GHz (2.8GHz stock), an FX-6350 at 4.7GHz (3.9GHz stock), and a Phenom II X6 (still in the mail actually, this will be my extra training for overclocking your CPU!) biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I have some bad news though. Your CPU cooler is... terrible. It's worse than the Hyper 212 Evo which is a joke in an of itself. Yes it has a specific price point, but it will REALLY hold back your overclock. In fact, with as much as your CPU will hold you back already, investing in a new CPU cooler could actually give you a very substantial FPS increase since you will be able to get a much higher CPU overclock.

This here is what you want. It's in the same league as a high end Noctua, yet at half the price!
http://www.flipkart.com/deepcool-lucifer-cooler/p/itmdqzfq9xsvhqfz?pid=COLDQZFQMKGWGQMD Rs. 3,800

But if that doesn't work for you, or you think it will not fit in the case you are getting this will be a good alternative, although not as good. You get what you pay for with these.
http://www.flipkart.com/deepcool-frostwin/p/itmd9hkamfqgryfh?pid=COLD9HKAH4M3JH3W Rs. 3,100

thumb.gif
Edited by cookieboyeli - 6/28/15 at 1:25am
post #90 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Oh this is strange. Usually 1x8 is cheaper than 2x4. There is basically zero discernible performance difference between running single channel and dual channel. Especially for gaming you will see zero difference. I figured I'd save you electrity and money, but buying two 4GB modules is cheaper.
Yes, definitely get two of these http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-blu-ddr3-4-gb-pc-dram-khx1600c9d3b1-4g/p/itmd9zdfmetkss2t?pid=RAMD9ZDYDQQCWGAQ
It's possible that you're able to run them at 1600MHz with the right settings. A CPU overclock may actually be the difference of 1333 only and 1600Mhz ram which will give you about 1-2 more fps. Not exactly noticable, but if you're at 30fps and gain 5fps that's VERY noticeable. Trust me on this. I've been enduring <40FPS on The Witcher 3 and every little bit counts.
So perhaps we will find enough things (after CPU and GPU) to increase your FPS by another 5 or 6, which you will notice and enjoy. biggrin.gif

Also, If you would like, I can help you overclock that system the the absolute maximum. I own an Athlon II X4 630 @ 3.5GHz (2.8GHz stock), an FX-6350 at 4.7GHz (3.9GHz stock), and a Phenom II X6 (still in the mail actually, this will be my extra training for overclocking your CPU!) biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I have some bad news though. Your CPU cooler is... terrible. It's worse than the Hyper 212 Evo which is a joke in an of itself. Yes it has a specific price point, but it will REALLY hold back your overclock. In fact, with as much as your CPU will hold you back already, investing in a new CPU cooler could actually give you a very substantial FPS increase since you will be able to get a much higher CPU overclock.

This here is what you want. It's in the same league as a high end Noctua, yet at half the price!
http://www.flipkart.com/deepcool-lucifer-cooler/p/itmdqzfq9xsvhqfz?pid=COLDQZFQMKGWGQMD Rs. 3,800

But if that doesn't work for you, or you think it will not fit in the case you are getting this will be a good alternative, although not as good. You get what you pay for with these.
http://www.flipkart.com/deepcool-frostwin/p/itmd9hkamfqgryfh?pid=COLD9HKAH4M3JH3W Rs. 3,100

thumb.gif

ohh sure...see for now i am stuck with my old cpu n mobo, so overclocking the cpu & also unlocking the hidden dormant core sounds exciting if they help me get better performance for the next 2 yrs till i switch to intel. i do need help (quite a lot) as i am novice in this aspect. i wonder if my msi 760gm p21 fx mobo is capable of doing all the same...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Best Graphics Card under $300 HELP Me Please