Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal and Black Two-Tone (AQUITY)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal and Black Two-Tone (AQUITY) - Page 15

Poll Results: Will you ever splurge and go all out on a Case labs?

 
  • 61% (103)
    Yes!
  • 15% (26)
    No :(
  • 15% (26)
    Heck yes! I have mulitple CL
  • 1% (3)
    Whats this caselabs thing?
  • 5% (9)
    Are you talking to me?
167 Total Votes  
post #141 of 892
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter5045 View Post

I like your latest layout the best. +Rep for the amount of time and thought you are putting into the layout to make it unique thumb.gif. Just goes to show there are still infinite possibilities with the SMA8.
Thanks. Yeah that's my favorite. However, IT Diva is trying to steer me away from midplate passthroughs and and fittings at all there. She is right though, because almost everyone's looks like that. I think I'm still going to go with the last layout I made. I'm still deciding if I want to spend that extra $250 for all the parts needed extra for the pump and the pump itself. I may just do the one for now and add a second later.

Also, for the last layout, I may try and make the CPU tubes as an "S" shaped and have it go straight back into the back wall next to the pump (assuming I have enough space). That way not every tubing is going through the midplate. I still have two weeks though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 892
Your idea of having no tubing showing going to or from the top rad really caught my eye. I read @IT Diva's ideas, and they are really interesting. Ultimately you'll need the case to really get down to business. I was ~55% sure my idea with the 90 degree fittings wouldn't work until I was able to have the case in front of me and see how far back I could place the pass throughs. Yours will look unique and I can't wait to see it biggrin.gif.

One part recommendation I'll make is to use EK ZMT for any soft tubing you end up running. No potential plasticizer problems, and it was also leaps and bounds easier to get on fittings than Advanced LRT.
post #143 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter5045 View Post

One part recommendation I'll make is to use EK ZMT for any soft tubing you end up running. No potential plasticizer problems, and it was also leaps and bounds easier to get on fittings than Advanced LRT.

This is a very good idea. I think I will steal that for parts of my build where I want to hide flexible hose. I am wanting to isolate the pumps vibrations by using hose from them so those are the areas where I will use the flexible stuff. thumb.gif
post #144 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonOcean View Post

This is a very good idea. I think I will steal that for parts of my build where I want to hide flexible hose. I am wanting to isolate the pumps vibrations by using hose from them so those are the areas where I will use the flexible stuff. thumb.gif

cheers.gif Cheers! I love the stuff, I didn't even have to soften the ends with boiling water.

post #145 of 892
EK ZMT is awesome stuff. I was going to use it for the longer soft runs in my build but I accidently used it at work - lol. Go figure, right?
post #146 of 892
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter5045 View Post

Your idea of having no tubing showing going to or from the top rad really caught my eye. I read @IT Diva's ideas, and they are really interesting. Ultimately you'll need the case to really get down to business. I was ~55% sure my idea with the 90 degree fittings wouldn't work until I was able to have the case in front of me and see how far back I could place the pass throughs. Yours will look unique and I can't wait to see it biggrin.gif.

One part recommendation I'll make is to use EK ZMT for any soft tubing you end up running. No potential plasticizer problems, and it was also leaps and bounds easier to get on fittings than Advanced LRT.
I really like how I thought about that. Plus that would eliminate another hole through the midplate by routing the tubing above the top portion of the radiator and behind the back to another fitting. I've never seen anyones like that before, and it will make mine unique. My only issues those is that I will probably end up using more than 15 90 degree fittings which will cause flow issues (also along with my 560GTS which is very restrictive. I pretty positive that I will only be using one pump for now, and wait a few months before I add another

Ive never heard of this EK tubing before. That looks interesting. I was going to go with the primochill clear version, but im worried about that plasticizer as well. Ill be using mayhems pastel, and I hear the new mayhems tubing is good and eliminates plasticizers. The only issue is that I have 7/16 fittings, so that tubing would be a little snug.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 892
I haven't had a single issue with primochill a-lrt at all. While I've changed fluid regularly (case swaps, radiator upgrades etc) half of the tubing is original from January this year. Still clear and stain free if a little scratched from fittings sliding on and off.

The EK ZMT is amazing. Especially if you're trying to stealth a section or it's flat out unseen.
post #148 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezyTN View Post

I really like how I thought about that. Plus that would eliminate another hole through the midplate by routing the tubing above the top portion of the radiator and behind the back to another fitting. I've never seen anyones like that before, and it will make mine unique. My only issues those is that I will probably end up using more than 15 90 degree fittings which will cause flow issues (also along with my 560GTS which is very restrictive. I pretty positive that I will only be using one pump for now, and wait a few months before I add another

Ive never heard of this EK tubing before. That looks interesting. I was going to go with the primochill clear version, but im worried about that plasticizer as well. Ill be using mayhems pastel, and I hear the new mayhems tubing is good and eliminates plasticizers. The only issue is that I have 7/16 fittings, so that tubing would be a little snug.

My issue with all clear/plastic soft tubing (besides making my hands hurt) is that they eliminate the plasticizers that will discolor your coolant but they still have to have a plasticizer of some kind to make them flexible and it will leech into the system and gunk your blocks (proof: I had to scrub clean all my block and the res I already had). The issues are getting better, but by better I mean it's just extending how long it takes for the problem to become performance impacting. I'd just rather avoid the whole fiasco. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif (sorry for the rant, I'll edit it out if you don't want it in your log.)

You're not kidding on the restriction on the GTS, filling my CPU loop I actually had to turn up the D5 to get the fluid pushed through lol. The performance is real though, good ole Hardware Labs smile.gif.
Edited by MadHatter5045 - 7/30/15 at 3:14pm
post #149 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

This would look awesome in yours with the dual pumps..


Seross69,

Would you be kind enough to provide a link?

I couldn't find it on their webpage or by searching through all their parts at two of their vendors. thinking.gif

Cheers
post #150 of 892
Thread Starter 
So this here is how I think im going to do the tube routing.



I just love how the white coolant will look, plus the fact that I will be hiding all the tubing of the top rad behind the motherboard tray. The only issue may be the amount of 90 fittings ill use. Ill most likely have to use them for the top rad, three for the CPU block, and two for each pump. The bottom compartment will probably have 12. That's a total of 21 90 degree fittings, and that's not including the 560 GTS which is very restrictive, but that's nothing two pumps wont solve thumb.gif So regards to flow, I wont be too worried.

Anyways, in the picture, the yellow lines indicate the soft tubing that will be used. I will route the CPU tubing and top rad completely behind the motherboard tray. What do you guys think about this layout. Also, instead of having the CPU tubes go into the midplate, I may have them go through he backplate
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX Titan X SC Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
ASUS PB278Q EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs SMA8 2x XSPC 270 Photon D5 PWM Sleeved 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Corsair Link Commander Mini 28x Primochill Revolver Fittings XSPC RX480 V3 Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XSPC RX240 V3 XSPC RX360 V3 2x EK-FC Titan X Waterblock Nickel - Acetal 2x EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Red 
Other
12x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal and Black Two-Tone (AQUITY)