Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme - Page 65

post #641 of 907
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

Agreed. That fan is doing next to nothing. Cooling wise at least.

Agreed x2. I would say to move the whole apparatus up to the next pcie slot but it looks like the ram tabs overhang so he would have to pull the back-plate to fit.
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #642 of 907
Looks like it'll be OK on top Lane. Then move the fans to 4th or 5th lane.
post #643 of 907
the owner of the worst OCed 980 ti Omega is here(((
asic is 71.9%. max stock boost is 1342mhz.
max OC at stock omega's bios -1380mhz@1.187v
yes, i can pass some benches at 1437mhz and 1.224v, but games are stable only at 1380(and may be lower. i didn/t test 10+ hours in games)
temps are 68-70C.
i have tried to flash Extreme's bios. That bios boosted max 1417mhz@1.187v and driver crashed in a short time.
Later i tried Fan-fixV2.rom bios. card has passed a few 3dmark benches(with artefacts) at 1455@1.274v. that's all(

i can't believe, that my card has the worst oc potential (among 980ti) i ever heard. these 2*8pin, huge cooler turned up useless for me.

or may be i do something wrong???(but what i can do wrong, if the card is unstable with clear Extreme bios at 1417mhz without any MSI AB tweaking...)

now i have flashed stock omega bios with memory OC(my card can handle 8000mhz) and i will try to accept this reality)
post #644 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsar1 View Post

the owner of the worst OCed 980 ti Omega is here(((
asic is 71.9%. max stock boost is 1342mhz.
max OC at stock omega's bios -1380mhz@1.187v
yes, i can pass some benches at 1437mhz and 1.224v, but games are stable only at 1380(and may be lower. i didn/t test 10+ hours in games)
temps are 68-70C.
i have tried to flash Extreme's bios. That bios boosted max 1417mhz@1.187v and driver crashed in a short time.
Later i tried Fan-fixV2.rom bios. card has passed a few 3dmark benches(with artefacts) at 1455@1.274v. that's all(

i can't believe, that my card has the worst oc potential (among 980ti) i ever heard. these 2*8pin, huge cooler turned up useless for me.

or may be i do something wrong???(but what i can do wrong, if the card is unstable with clear Extreme bios at 1417mhz without any MSI AB tweaking...)

now i have flashed stock omega bios with memory OC(my card can handle 8000mhz) and i will try to accept this reality)

Aren't artifacts generally indicative of vram being clocked too high? I might be wrong. Your asic sounds pretty close to mine. I'm boosting to 1504 currently. There is a custom bios on it but have no clue what it is. I purchased the card used from a user here. He said it's strictly increasing the power limit. It's pre "fanfix" bios'
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #645 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

Aren't artifacts generally indicative of vram being clocked too high? I might be wrong.
i've tested with and without memory OCing. and artifacts appear at stock fanfix bios(which has pretty low memory oc)
my last guess is a thermal problem. yes, 68-70C are normal temps. but....may be not for my card,
post #646 of 907
Look for the Dark2 VBIOS for the Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme right here on Overclock.net. It has the following features:
"Core clock 1544mhz & 8Ghz memory (equal to 2000) & 1.255v & higher TDP limit & No throttle!". I think it may be in this thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1522651/disable-boost-and-bake-in-max-game-stable-clocks-for-maxwell

That's the one I've been working w/modifying. I manged to get up to 1506 MHz, but it throws Pwr throttling
errors on some games (where the clock speed throttles down)
post #647 of 907
Yeah you are right about left fan. But i have just installed water cooling for cpu, and previous cooler was budget decison (SilentiumPC Fortis2 XE1226). Hot air from cpu would heat up gpu more and next thing is m.2 SSD. Samsung 950 Pro got real problems with heat so gpu in fist pci-e slot with out water block is bad idea. Now im saving money for wathe block and second gpu ^^ I will do some tests with memory cose overclocking zotac's 980ti amp extreme core isnt worth time and energy. I got like 1460 or 1470 as stock and to achive 1500 stable for 24/7 in gaming is a... hmm mystery xD Maybe some custom bios or sth will help a bit. One more question. Does Gpu fans affect oc capabilities? I mean for comparison you have 2x980ti's. One with zotac's cooling (3xfan) and other with water block and 3 fans draw some energy but water does not. Im not talking here about temps. We all know there are tons of regulations in todays graphic cards. Im just curius.
post #648 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarble View Post

As a top down it will be adding heat to the case that is already starved for fresh air the (I have almost a 15c difference between the top and bottom cads in my system they need that fresh air man). As long as the card is hitting P0 your going to be adding a good chunk of heat to the case even before factoring in load.
At this stage in the game unless your getting a great deal on a used card I would not but a 980ti

When I was using the GTX 780 as a dedicated physx card, the memory would boost up to maximum speed, but the core clock never rose above ~983 MHz.

For the one physx game that has a benchmark, Metro: LL, the dedicated physx GTX 780 marginally raised my average minimum framerate and noticeably increased my maximum framerate. It did seem to reduce the framerate variation as well.

Running physx on my GTX 980Ti was really bad. Minimum framerates went down, maximum framerates went down and the framerate variation increased noticeably.
post #649 of 907
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leardis View Post

Yeah you are right about left fan. But i have just installed water cooling for cpu, and previous cooler was budget decison (SilentiumPC Fortis2 XE1226). Hot air from cpu would heat up gpu more and next thing is m.2 SSD. Samsung 950 Pro got real problems with heat so gpu in fist pci-e slot with out water block is bad idea. Now im saving money for wathe block and second gpu ^^ I will do some tests with memory cose overclocking zotac's 980ti amp extreme core isnt worth time and energy. I got like 1460 or 1470 as stock and to achive 1500 stable for 24/7 in gaming is a... hmm mystery xD Maybe some custom bios or sth will help a bit. One more question. Does Gpu fans affect oc capabilities? I mean for comparison you have 2x980ti's. One with zotac's cooling (3xfan) and other with water block and 3 fans draw some energy but water does not. Im not talking here about temps. We all know there are tons of regulations in todays graphic cards. Im just curius.

If the TDP limit is not adjusted/removed the fan power draw can play a part. TDP is based on the entire cards power draw core,mem, fans, leds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8051 View Post

When I was using the GTX 780 as a dedicated physx card, the memory would boost up to maximum speed, but the core clock never rose above ~983 MHz.

For the one physx game that has a benchmark, Metro: LL, the dedicated physx GTX 780 marginally raised my average minimum framerate and noticeably increased my maximum framerate. It did seem to reduce the framerate variation as well.

Running physx on my GTX 980Ti was really bad. Minimum framerates went down, maximum framerates went down and the framerate variation increased noticeably.

Dont get me wrong I am not hating on the physx card (used them before myself and they do have a real use) just know that it is adding heat to the system and therefor raising your over all temps. At 983 it would not be hitting p0 but I think p1 (you can check these in gpuz) Primary goal is to get more air flow in your case and your temps will drop accordingly.
Edited by jarble - 8/26/16 at 3:49am
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #650 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarble View Post

If the TDP limit is not adjusted/removed the fan power draw can play a part. TDP is based on the entire cards power draw core,mem, fans, leds.
Dont get me wrong I am not hating on the physx card (used them before myself and they do have a real use) just know that it is adding heat to the system and therefor raising your over all temps. At 983 it would not be hitting p0 but I think p1 (you can check these in gpuz) Primary goal is to get more air flow in your case and your temps will drop accordingly.

Thanks jarble, I already yanked the GTX 780 based on what you wrote earlier.

I'm guessing physx used to be more relevant when CPU's were less powerful? Or maybe back when physx wasn't multi-threaded/multi-process?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme