Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] MSI X99A Godlike Gaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] MSI X99A Godlike Gaming - Page 12

post #111 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian View Post

Seems like MSI is really going literal with the name of this product... as you can't see it anywhere....

Reviewers have it though and the free boards they gave away to hardcore overclockers for pissing contests.

Let's head to EBAY and find one with LN attached! wink.gif
post #112 of 172
Don't like the red ? paint it ! that said the MoBo has everything X99 can offer.
post #113 of 172
You may as well just buy a MSI X99A Gaming 9 ACK...Which is what I did biggrin.gif

Looks a lot better than the GodLike as well.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7700K  Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero  Gigabyte GTX1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16, 16GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480GB Crucial MX200 LG Dual Layer DVD Writer Corsair H110i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit LG LG 34UC79G 144Hz Logitech G910 Orion Spark Cooler Master Vanguard 1200w Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth Large Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 
Audio
Creative MegaWorks 550 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7700K  Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero  Gigabyte GTX1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16, 16GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480GB Crucial MX200 LG Dual Layer DVD Writer Corsair H110i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit LG LG 34UC79G 144Hz Logitech G910 Orion Spark Cooler Master Vanguard 1200w Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth Large Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 
Audio
Creative MegaWorks 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 172
Nah, I just bought the Godlike for my new X99 build. It must have JUST went on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130878&cm_re=MSI_godlike-_-13-130-878-_-Product

Cheaper than most thought though but right around $500 where I thought it would be. Pretty worth it for what you get in my opinion.

Now to get this beast on a loop in my new CaseLabs! Too bad it's still "awaiting fulfillment". Comeone CaseLabs, I need my case! I got about a K worth of WC stuff just sitting here.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, lol.
post #115 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid View Post

Nah, I just bought the Godlike for my new X99 build. It must have JUST went on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130878&cm_re=MSI_godlike-_-13-130-878-_-Product

Cheaper than most thought though but right around $500 where I thought it would be. Pretty worth it for what you get in my opinion.

Now to get this beast on a loop in my new CaseLabs! Too bad it's still "awaiting fulfillment". Comeone CaseLabs, I need my case! I got about a K worth of WC stuff just sitting here.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, lol.
wow, yea its cheaper than I assumed as well. It's basically a souped up 9 ACK, the LEDs are quite cool, try out the flashing modes and such, or the stacking. They have sets of 3 LEDs on a single controller, so unlike most motherboard with LEDs, the LEDs on the board can be controlled in groups of three meaning you can have different colors and pulsing on different sets of LEDs. Very cool.

I am not really one who buys a board for LEDs, but the implementation was impressive, as was the flashing/stacking. When the white flashes and the red or other colors stay constant i like to imagine the electrical signals pulsing through the traces, like pretending i see the electricity flow through the board.

BTW don't tell your friends that the app exists for their phone, there is no authentication needed to pair with the board and control the LEDs.
Edited by Sin0822 - 8/7/15 at 8:27pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

wow, yea its cheaper than I assumed as well. It's basically a souped up 9 ACK, the LEDs are quite cool, try out the flashing modes and such, or the stacking. They have sets of 3 LEDs on a single controller, so unlike most motherboard with LEDs, the LEDs on the board can be controlled in groups of three meaning you can have different colors and pulsing on different sets of LEDs. Very cool.

I am not really one who buys a board for LEDs, but the implementation was impressive, as was the flashing/stacking. When the white flashes and the red or other colors stay constant i like to imagine the electrical signals pulsing through the traces, like pretending i see the electricity flow through the board.

BTW don't tell your friends that the app exists for their phone, there is no authentication needed to pair with the board and control the LEDs.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind.

The LEDs do seem like a nice touch and I am pretty eager to play around with it. However, what really got me was the feature set, the extra 3.1, the type-c connection, the "dual killer" among others. The steel enforced PCIe was a nice touch too.

I don't mind spending a little extra money to experiment and see how valuable some of this stuff that sounds like 'fluff' actually is. Nevertheless, this is going to be one fun build. It's my first hard tubing build, my first CaseLabs case, my first MSI board... The list goes on!
post #117 of 172
I'm assuming it would void the warranty to repaint the red shield? smile.gif I pulled the trigger on this one as well...way too many features and really solid reviews to pass this up. I was kicking around some ASUS offerings but decided this might be a better fit for a long term build.
post #118 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid View Post

Haha, I'll keep that in mind.

The LEDs do seem like a nice touch and I am pretty eager to play around with it. However, what really got me was the feature set, the extra 3.1, the type-c connection, the "dual killer" among others. The steel enforced PCIe was a nice touch too.

I don't mind spending a little extra money to experiment and see how valuable some of this stuff that sounds like 'fluff' actually is. Nevertheless, this is going to be one fun build. It's my first hard tubing build, my first CaseLabs case, my first MSI board... The list goes on!
When you find a type-c to M.2 adapter that works let me know. I bought one off amazon, and it kind of works, but i can't write or read from it half the time (some permissions crap that I can't fix) and it only works with SATA based M.2 drives which sucks, like Intel 530 360GB. It says clearly on the product page that it is M.2 2x PCI-E, but its slot is not on the right side for PCi-E drives, its on the right side for SATA based drives tho, hey also said it supports 80mm drives, that's a lie. It is also the only one on sale.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 172
Godlike just came in the mail today. Boy, is this thing gorgeous in person and if you read my old posts--I was anti black/red. Was forced to go this color scheme with some twists because I didn't want to paint this board. But this is going to shape up to be a sick looking build.

This motherboard looks WAY better in person.
post #120 of 172
Maybe it will work for me stock then. Just from photos wasn't digging the red much but perhaps the led's will offset it somewhat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] MSI X99A Godlike Gaming