Hey guys, just quoting the post below because using the firmware posted by pingram, my seiki 42" from hhgregg performs flawlessly
- at UD4K
- 60Hz (not 30hz)
- Geforce 740 GT (not GTX)
- Windows 7
- after the firmware update posted by pingram (just repeating!!)
I also have the 39" that does UD4k@30Hz, I am familiar with the mouse lag, and with the update it is really gone. Especially if you are used to the lag from the 39" like I was!
Also responding because, pingram, I would like to buy you a beer for the help. If you have paypal, IM me!
Another tip, do NOT install the firmware update posted on the seiki site
which is as described below as of today's writing:
42" LCD TV, 4K ULTRA HD, 60hz
Model # SE42UMS with Serial Number:
42C0M5B522SA00001 ~ 42C0M5B522SA01677 click here
42C0M5B536SA00001 ~ 42C0M5B536SA03354 click here
After installing this update my monitor had wavy lines on bootup. Totally unusable.
But then I reflashed to Pingram's and I am BACK and BETTER THAN OUT OF THE BOX.So pingram again, please IM me your paypal and let me buy you that beer,
saved me a trip back to hhgregg, now I am keeping!
Originally Posted by pingram
Update, Seiki has allowed me to share the firmware and update process.
Our engineers have looked at issue and have improved response time. If you'd like to try the updated firmware, please see download and update instructions below:
Here is the beta firmware that we have for the SE42UM. Please carefully follow directions below.
After firmware upgrade is complete, make sure to enter TV main menu and go to "Picture" menu. Select the new "PC Mode" option to reduce processing and enable the "just scan" aspect mode.
You can download a copy of the firmware here:http://1drv.ms/1MWRsTN
Software upgrading instructions:
1. Please unzip the file and put the "install.img" file under the root directory of a USB flash drive. And insert the flash drive into USB port on back of TV.
*CAUTION: Do not remove the USB flash disk or power off during updating, otherwise the operation will fail.
2. Press "Menu" button on the Remote control first, then press number key “0” four times in a row to enter the hidden Factory Menu before Menu screen disappears.
3. Move cursor to "Software Upgrade" option and press OK key to start upgrading.
4. After about 10 seconds, it will be into the upgrade status, and the screen will display the upgrade progress interface.
5. Please keep power on during the upgrading process, it will take about 1~2 min.
After upgrading successfully, system will auto turn on.
Try disabling the MEMC and sharpness settings in "Picture" menu, or just try the new "PC Mode" mentioned above to disable some of the video processing.