Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Best GPU for video editing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best GPU for video editing? - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Some video editing software is more CPU reliant . Need to check the specs for the software .
Shadownet
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus rampage V Extreme  Inno3D GTX 970 Hercluez x4 airboss ultra  Gskill ripjaws DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD black  WD Black  Seagate ES  Custom loop  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10  Corsair k70  Super flower 1000 W plat  Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadownet
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus rampage V Extreme  Inno3D GTX 970 Hercluez x4 airboss ultra  Gskill ripjaws DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD black  WD Black  Seagate ES  Custom loop  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10  Corsair k70  Super flower 1000 W plat  Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaistledine View Post

Some video editing software is more CPU reliant . Need to check the specs for the software .
It has a bit of both. I'm honestly not sure, and don't have the time to research right now. He said it might take him a week or two to get the cash so I guess i'll deal with it in a week. In anycase thank you guys for your input.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

Way to troll.

Here is a list of compatible Maxwell GPU's

http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-june-2015.html#Graphics_Cards

Maxwell will be faster than Kepler in video editing. Choose whatever fits your budget.

AMD is not easily compatible if compatible at all

Wasn't trolling tongue.gif but thanks for the knowledge.

Was going to suggest the 970 but I have heard AMD works weill on Mac, hence my suggestion. Not to familiar with the complications associated with a hackintosh.
post #14 of 17
I am looking for same advice but for software on PC like Vegas and Cyberlink Power Director. I believe both use OpenGL for their rendering and previews.

I hear R9 280 and R9 290 are great with the 14.12 drivers. But that might be a little out of my price range.
I have a 7790 card sitting around and think it might be good enough and much better then the 6450 I have now.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post

I am looking for same advice but for software on PC like Vegas and Cyberlink Power Director. I believe both use OpenGL for their rendering and previews.

I hear R9 280 and R9 290 are great with the 14.12 drivers. But that might be a little out of my price range.
I have a 7790 card sitting around and think it might be good enough and much better then the 6450 I have now.
an used hd 7970 or hd 7950
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

an used hd 7970 or hd 7950

Thanks any suggestions for what are most stable quality drivers for AMD for video editing machines?

In Vegas forums I see many stick to the 13.12, but I hear the 14.12 are the most test drivers ever and offer Open CL 2.0

I might just stick with my 7790 I have and try it as the 7970 does not see to offer a magnitude of difference and I think most video editing is CPU dependent with some transitions or effects rendering sent to GPU. Also the 7970 is much louder and use alot more power then I think is worth for tradeoffs.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post

Thanks any suggestions for what are most stable quality drivers for AMD for video editing machines?
I havent checked but 14.12 are stable maybe 15.7

Quote:
I might just stick with my 7790 I have and try it as the 7970 does not see to offer a magnitude of difference
about 30% better, if it isnt enough then hold for 2016 cards or upgrade your cpu




Quote:
and I think most video editing is CPU dependent with some transitions or effects rendering sent to GPU.
with GPU acceleration is more GPU dependent


Quote:
Also the 7970 is much louder and use alot more power then I think is worth for tradeoffs.
maybe has more power consumption but in other apps there is a bigger gap
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Best GPU for video editing?