Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › R9 390 vs. GTX 970 [The Final Conclusion]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

R9 390 vs. GTX 970 [The Final Conclusion] - Page 51

post #501 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreendeath View Post

What are the price points you're looking at?

The GTX970s I've seen go for around $300, and a bit under $300 with promos. (not Jet.com)

The R9 290s are around that price as well, and R9 390s are at $400.
I am sorry but the fanboy is right, they don't go for $400, even on Jet you can find them for almost the same price as the 970's, however never seen them go lower, and they are always $10-$20 bucks more from what I've seen.
post #502 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

I am sorry but the fanboy is right, they don't go for $400, even on Jet you can find them for almost the same price as the 970's, however never seen them go lower, and they are always $10-$20 bucks more from what I've seen.

My bad - you are correct. I was looking at the R9 390X version.
post #503 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

I am sorry but the fanboy is right, they don't go for $400, even on Jet you can find them for almost the same price as the 970's, however never seen them go lower, and they are always $10-$20 bucks more from what I've seen.

I only buy what gives the most performance for said amount of money. And that would be the 390, the 970 doesn't even come close to these days.

If it was NVidia or AMD CPU, I would buy it. But they are not.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #504 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

the 970 doesn't even come close
k

You know what I find funny is that I should be on your side, since I actually don't like my 970 that much.
post #505 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

k

You know what I find funny is that I should be on your side, since I actually don't like my 970 that much.

What's wrong with your GTX970? I'm actually considering buying it, getting the R9 3x0, or waiting till Pascal or AMD's HBM stuff in mid 2016.
post #506 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreendeath View Post

What's wrong with your GTX970? I'm actually considering buying it, getting the R9 3x0, or waiting till Pascal or AMD's HBM stuff in mid 2016.

Coil Whine/Fan is loud as hell under full load, funny thing is that I RMA'd my first one and the second one still had coil whine, I think I am curse or maybe it has to do with some components on my rig other than the PSU (since I even replace that). At the same time I've seen many people not experience this hell I am experiencing.

If the 970 is bad I just don't want to imagine how bad the 390 is ( or maybe it isn't, actually heard a lot of positive things about it ), however I am eventually gonna sell this 970 to get a pascal card.
post #507 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

Coil Whine/Fan is loud as hell under full load, funny thing is that I RMA'd my first one and the second one still had coil whine, I think I am curse or maybe it has to do with some components on my rig other than the PSU (since I even replace that). At the same time I've seen many people not experience this hell I am experiencing.

If the 970 is bad I just don't want to imagine how bad the 390 is ( or maybe it isn't, actually heard a lot of positive things about it ), however I am eventually gonna sell this 970 to get a pascal card.

I see, that sucks. What is the company? (Asus, MSI, EVGA, etc)
post #508 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreendeath View Post

I see, that sucks. What is the company? (Asus, MSI, EVGA, etc)
EVGA, they cool tough, I told them I had it again and asked if i wanted to RMA the card again, but I just want to play some games.. feelt like I hadn't use the card much.. and god bless I did had a ton of fun on The Division Beta.
post #509 of 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

EVGA, they cool tough, I told them I had it again and asked if i wanted to RMA the card again, but I just want to play some games.. feelt like I hadn't use the card much.. and god bless I did had a ton of fun on The Division Beta.

I've had nearly every 970 made. EVGA was the worst regards to coil whine. Every one icluding their newer SSC whined, both of them.

That ACX cooler looks good, but cools average at best.

Every one aside from EVGA was silent.
post #510 of 535
Sapphire has always made the best coolers for Radeons for a while now, I would think there is a similiar think with NVidias aswell? If one manufacturer produces a magnificent cooler, why buy anything else?
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › R9 390 vs. GTX 970 [The Final Conclusion]