Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread - Page 575

post #5741 of 7099
I have a quick question for some of you predator owners with cases like the Define S and Evolv ATX that offset the top fans to allow thicker rads. Do your motherboard VRM temps get hot? It just seems like with the rad blocking the mosfets at the top of the motherboard, it would be pretty hard to get airflow around there, especially those with X99/X79 motherboards which only have room for the vrms to be placed at the top.
post #5742 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschijn View Post

Predator pumps are powerful and can easily handle cpu + gpu even at the lowest speed. But there would be a difference in cooling performance when running the pump at a higher speed (not much).
When concerned about noise, separate the pump from the fan hub and control it individually.

Yes, I thought about it, since almost every motherboard has at least 2 pwm headers, but I was worried about that on lower speed (on which pump is quiet) cooling performance difference could be pretty big.

But thanks for the answer. I'm glad I can have similar performance to my current cooler (both noise/temp) and have more pleasing look of interior of my pc smile.gif
post #5743 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

I have a quick question for some of you predator owners with cases like the Define S and Evolv ATX that offset the top fans to allow thicker rads. Do your motherboard VRM temps get hot? It just seems like with the rad blocking the mosfets at the top of the motherboard, it would be pretty hard to get airflow around there, especially those with X99/X79 motherboards which only have room for the vrms to be placed at the top.

I used the 360 in the front of the Define S. Really nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truly View Post

Yes, I thought about it, since almost every motherboard has at least 2 pwm headers, but I was worried about that on lower speed (on which pump is quiet) cooling performance difference could be pretty big.

Well I leave the pump at 25% on idle and any CPU load. Only in games I ramp it up to a higher speed which is still quiter than 800rpm fans.
post #5744 of 7099

Predator with a monoblock = excellent.

post #5745 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschijn View Post

I used the 360 in the front of the Define S. Really nice.
Well I leave the pump at 25% on idle and any CPU load. Only in games I ramp it up to a higher speed which is still quiter than 800rpm fans.

So while gaming you leave the fans at 800 and just increase the pump speed? To what % and that works well vs increasing fan speed? Do your fans run at 800 at idle too or do you slow em down more? I assume you're controlling the pump speed by gpu temp through speedfan?
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5746 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

So while gaming you leave the fans at 800 and just increase the pump speed? To what % and that works well vs increasing fan speed? Do your fans run at 800 at idle too or do you slow em down more? I assume you're controlling the pump speed by gpu temp through speedfan?

For gaming I ramp the fans up to 800rpm and pump to 60%. Idle pump is at 25% and fans at around 450-500rpm (Noctua NF-12).
I have a profile for cpu and gpu temps to increase cooling performance, but in the end I am just running the gpu profile to archive silent operation in "non gaming" situations.
post #5747 of 7099
So I installed the Predator 360 in my system. Bit I'm worried something is wrong.

The fan cable is connected to the CPU_fan header on my motherboard [Asus Sabertooth 990FX R3.0] and the SATA connector is connected. The pump led is burning and the fans are spinning. The pump is almost inaudible when starting the PC. Should I hear water flowing?
post #5748 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koeni View Post

So I installed the Predator 360 in my system. Bit I'm worried something is wrong.

The fan cable is connected to the CPU_fan header on my motherboard [Asus Sabertooth 990FX R3.0] and the SATA connector is connected. The pump led is burning and the fans are spinning. The pump is almost inaudible when starting the PC. Should I hear water flowing?

Your PC is fine and so is the Predator. Straight out of the box the water level should be perfect and you should only hear flushing with too much air inside.
Slow spinning fans are just a result of your Bios fan curve and the low CPU temperature.
Monitor the temperature in windows and maybe adjust the fan speed with the manufacturers fan software.
post #5749 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschijn View Post

Your PC is fine and so is the Predator. Straight out of the box the water level should be perfect and you should only hear flushing with too much air inside.
Slow spinning fans are just a result of your Bios fan curve and the low CPU temperature.
Monitor the temperature in windows and maybe adjust the fan speed with the manufacturers fan software.

Thanks! The problem is I can't get my PC running. I won't even post :-|
post #5750 of 7099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koeni View Post

Thanks! The problem is I can't get my PC running. I won't even post :-|

When the fans are spinning, the pump is working as well!
If the PC doesn't post, check all power cable and memory. Did you reseat the CPU into the socket?
Also try turning everything off, also turn off the PSU and press the power button to get rid of the remaining power in the system. Wait a big and try turning system on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: EK Water Blocks
Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread