Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Sponsored Builds & Case Mods › [SPONSORED] HEX GEAR R40 Engineering Station
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[SPONSORED] HEX GEAR R40 Engineering Station - Page 9

post #81 of 103
Is that something that could be specials ordered with the r40 case (meaning something like the back res/water way)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz 1.29v Asus z97 Pro gxt 780 sc Overclocked Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1tb Samsung 840 evo asus swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ek fc 780 gpu block for gtx 780 ek gtx 780 backplate Petg primochill tubing Primochill Revolver Fittings Silver 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 150ml Reservior multi z tank Bitspower acrylic ddc pump top (polished) ek ddc black housing ek csq 90 adapter fittings 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
xspc 360 rad swiftech 240 rad 5 sp120 corsair pwm high performance fans on sw... 3 corsair af140mm fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 8.1 asus 144hz 1080p monitor razer blackwidow mechanical tournment edition Seasonic 850watt semi modular 80 plus bronze m1... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black Steel Series Rival Steel Series QCK Creative Sound Blaster Z 
AudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser hd558 head phones Modmic Radioshack Surround sound speakers, Un sure of ... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz 1.29v Asus z97 Pro gxt 780 sc Overclocked Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1tb Samsung 840 evo asus swiftech mcp35x 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ek fc 780 gpu block for gtx 780 ek gtx 780 backplate Petg primochill tubing Primochill Revolver Fittings Silver 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 150ml Reservior multi z tank Bitspower acrylic ddc pump top (polished) ek ddc black housing ek csq 90 adapter fittings 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
xspc 360 rad swiftech 240 rad 5 sp120 corsair pwm high performance fans on sw... 3 corsair af140mm fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 8.1 asus 144hz 1080p monitor razer blackwidow mechanical tournment edition Seasonic 850watt semi modular 80 plus bronze m1... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black Steel Series Rival Steel Series QCK Creative Sound Blaster Z 
AudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser hd558 head phones Modmic Radioshack Surround sound speakers, Un sure of ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsj86 View Post

Is that something that could be specials ordered with the r40 case (meaning something like the back res/water way)

It could be done. But it would be just as expensive as the case itself, and most likely even more.
post #83 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

It could be done. But it would be just as expensive as the case itself, and most likely even more.

Really that is expensive, what thickness acyrlic is it, 15mm.
post #84 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mads1 View Post

Really that is expensive, what thickness acyrlic is it, 15mm.

The raw plate is 25 mm thick, then add o-ring and the lasercut plate to hold it tight, and it adds up. I do not have my own cnc, so I would have to outsource it. So you could question if it is expensive, or if it just costs a lot of money.
post #85 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

The raw plate is 25 mm thick, then add o-ring and the lasercut plate to hold it tight, and it adds up. I do not have my own cnc, so I would have to outsource it. So you could question if it is expensive, or if it just costs a lot of money.

I thought nate done all that, but i can see why it cost abit, not sure id want to pay that much though, i thought a 500mm x 500mm sheet would only be about 60 qid then add 1he rest maybe 120 150, just shows how much i know. Def a nice system i suppose its worth it. thumb.gif
post #86 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mads1 View Post

I thought nate done all that, but i can see why it cost abit, not sure id want to pay that much though, i thought a 500mm x 500mm sheet would only be about 60 qid then add 1he rest maybe 120 150, just shows how much i know. Def a nice system i suppose its worth it. thumb.gif

Nate did not do this one for me, but another buddy of mine did. The material for this one (250*420 mm) was around 60£ yeah, then add 20 £ for o-rings, 15£ for a lasercut cover plate in 6 mm acrylic and 5 £ for bolts and you are at 100£ in parts needed, and still need to pay a guy to mill it out. It could probably be done a lot cheaper other places, but I set some pretty high standards for the stuff I want milled, and dont mind paying the extra for it. Especially visible in this shot:

ZGY26c2.jpg
post #87 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

Nate did not do this one for me, but another buddy of mine did. The material for this one (250*420 mm) was around 60£ yeah, then add 20 £ for o-rings, 15£ for a lasercut cover plate in 6 mm acrylic and 5 £ for bolts and you are at 100£ in parts needed, and still need to pay a guy to mill it out. It could probably be done a lot cheaper other places, but I set some pretty high standards for the stuff I want milled, and dont mind paying the extra for it. Especially visible in this shot:

Totally agree its best to pay extra to get it right and to how you want it, its stunning work, the cable routing must of been very time consuming, i know how long it took to do mine, which is nothing to how you done yours. thumb.gif
post #88 of 103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mads1 View Post

Totally agree its best to pay extra to get it right and to how you want it, its stunning work, the cable routing must of been very time consuming, i know how long it took to do mine, which is nothing to how you done yours. thumb.gif

Thanks! I think the cabling alone took around 35 hours in this build Oo.

On a side note, my video just reached 1.4 million views:D !!
post #89 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

Thanks! I think the cabling alone took around 35 hours in this build Oo.

On a side note, my video just reached 1.4 million views:D !!

That paid for the res then. tongue.gif also when you cut the acyrlic for the LED what size did you cut, 300mm by what thickness was it 4 or 5mm. thanks
Edited by Mads1 - 11/15/15 at 2:48am
post #90 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

Thanks! I think the cabling alone took around 35 hours in this build Oo.

On a side note, my video just reached 1.4 million views:D !!

Yeah, I noticed your video went viral; was on 9Gag and all that.
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
Disquiet Vol. 2
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R5 1600X 4Ghz ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps 2025/12000Mhz G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 CL14 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB Samsung EVO 850 500GB WB Green 3TB WB Blue 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Buffalo BRXL-16U3-EU External Blu-ray Drive Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 x5 Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) Corsair AX760 Jonsbo W2 Black Window 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 
Audio
AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
Disquiet
(22 items)
 
Disquiet Vol. 2
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670K 4.5Ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ASUS Fury Strix Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 16GB White 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Samsung EVO 840 120GB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX760 Fractal Define R4 Black Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 Philips Fidelio X2 AKG K7XX 
AudioOther
AKG K550 Pexon PC's Custom Cables 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R5 1600X 4Ghz ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps 2025/12000Mhz G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 CL14 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB Samsung EVO 850 500GB WB Green 3TB WB Blue 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Buffalo BRXL-16U3-EU External Blu-ray Drive Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 x5 Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) Corsair AX760 Jonsbo W2 Black Window 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QcK Mini Audio-GD NFB-15 EVE Audio SC205 
Audio
AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsored Builds & Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Sponsored Builds & Case Mods › [SPONSORED] HEX GEAR R40 Engineering Station