Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New products from Monsoon cooling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New products from Monsoon cooling - Page 133

post #1321 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

$700? damn, is it really worth doing it?

Lol you ask this now? getting cold feet? 700 dollars is cheap and I am sure that is just to extend his loop, my loop is sitting at almost 2k. This isn't a cheap hobby by any means.

You can easily blow 200-300 in just fittings, 130-250 in pumps, 100-300 in rads, 50+ in blocks (I have about 800 in blocks, I left this plus as it can be alot.) 50-300 in a reservoir, Fans 20+ (for an example I have 16 corsair SP120s that I am replacing. 16@15 each is 240.00)

I know people that have spent over $700 in just fittings lol. I did the math I got about 1800 in my loop. 4 rads 2x240mm 1 480 and 1 420, 3 gpu blocks a cpu block a motherboard block dual d5s fans and a frozen Q resovoir.

AIOs are another good option and some of them are pretty customizable and much cheaper.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 1/31/16 at 9:09pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1322 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Lol you ask this now? getting cold feet? 700 dollars is cheap and I am sure that is just to extend his loop, my loop is sitting at almost 2k. This isn't a cheap hobby by any means.

You can easily blow 200-300 in just fittings, 130-250 in pumps, 100-300 in rads, 50+ in blocks (I have about 800 in blocks, I left this plus as it can be alot.) 50-300 in a reservoir, Fans 20+ (for an example I have 16 corsair SP120s that I am replacing. 16@15 each is 240.00)

I know people that have spent over $700 in just fittings lol. I did the math I got about 1800 in my loop. 4 rads 2x240mm 1 480 and 1 420, 3 gpu blocks a cpu block a motherboard block dual d5s fans and a frozen Q resovoir.

AIOs are another good option and some of them are pretty customizable and much cheaper.

How did you blow $250 in pump? The d5 pump cost only $85+ ish. Are you running like Triple D5 Pump in your triple loops or something?
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1323 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

They told me wednesday... I'm praying they aren't lying, because I have like $700 in WC stuff coming in, and I can't assemble a reservoir without it tongue.gif

$700? damn, is it really worth doing it?

Worth it? that's a subjective question... $ to performance ratio is severely bad, but I love doing it, so that makes it feel worth it. I also incurred a bit of a higher cost due to the constraints of my upcoming build. This also includes the pro hardline kit from monsoon (which is definitely reusable), fan grills, fans, 2 radiators, fittings, new CPU block, d5 pump, mmrs 100mm reservoir, etc. etc. etc. I also went with the hardline tubing, which overall is more expensive than just some simple barbs and flex tube. However... it's just what I wanted to do.

A simple loop that can cool it all isn't insanely expensive. DDC pump/res combo for under 100, 360mm radiator for $80 or so, CPU block for $50, tube for $20, barbs for $25ish and boom... very well cooled processor with all brand new everything for $275. Is it going to be the prettiest? nope. But it'll do that job without question. Perhaps just as well as my configuration. But I'm building for aesthetic as well as performance (top of the line CPU block compared to middle of the road is a difference of a couple degrees C in cooling capability... definitely not WORTH the premium if the dollars are important).

Hope that helps!
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1324 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

How did you blow $250 in pump? The d5 pump cost only $85+ ish. Are you running like Triple D5 Pump in your triple loops or something?

Umm ya a stock d5 is 85 dollars, A pump top which greatly increases that D5s performance and appearance is another 40. There is also other pumps then D5s, an MCP35x is 90 and then a top is another 40 then you dont want it to die from heat so add another 20 for a heat sink.

Then if you want the even flashier Bitspower d5s that goes up more, PPCs seels there Uber BP D5s for 160 for 1 d5 lol.

Anyway I have EK d5s there 125 each. However that is a d5 and a pump top. You could spend more than 250 on pumps though actually very easily. I have seen builds with 4 MCP35xs with custom tops and heatsinks. Another easy way is the Uber bitspower from PPCs they have a dual d5 UBER that costs 399.

I am also going to have to disagree with above however. With what he listed and he left out fans you could buy an AIO that performs the exact same for 100-150 dollars. You go custom because you want better than AIO temps, if you just want AIO style loop buy an AIO.

For a quick refrence, https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-x61 performs exactly as well as what he just built for 275 in his example and it only costs 139.

Also I have never seen a DDC pump res combo for under 100 or even at 100 more like 150.

Now if you want the aesthetics that comes with a custom loop, but are okay with AIO temps then your going to pay alot more than 275.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 1/31/16 at 10:15pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1325 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

How did you blow $250 in pump? The d5 pump cost only $85+ ish. Are you running like Triple D5 Pump in your triple loops or something?

Umm ya a stock d5 is 85 dollars, A pump top which greatly increases that D5s performance and appearance is another 40. There is also other pumps then D5s, an MCP35x is 90 and then a top is another 40 then you dont want it to die from heat so add another 20 for a heat sink.

Then if you want the even flashier Bitspower d5s that goes up more, PPCs seels there Uber BP D5s for 160 for 1 d5 lol.

Anyway I have EK d5s there 125 each. However that is a d5 and a pump top. You could spend more than 250 on pumps though actually very easily. I have seen builds with 4 MCP35xs with custom tops and heatsinks. Another easy way is the Uber bitspower from PPCs they have a dual d5 UBER that costs 399.

I am also going to have to disagree with above however. With what he listed and he left out fans you could buy an AIO that performs the exact same for 100-150 dollars. You go custom because you want better than AIO temps, if you just want AIO style loop buy an AIO.

For a quick refrence, https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-x61 performs exactly as well as what he just built for 275 in his example and it only costs 139.

Also I have never seen a DDC pump res combo for under 100 or even at 100 more like 150.

Now if you want the aesthetics that comes with a custom loop, but are okay with AIO temps then your going to pay alot more than 275.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-acrylic-dual-5-25-reservoir-pump-combo-with-one-laing-ddc.html

$115 - 5.5% with code OCN55... so $108. With that being said, he could go apples to apples, get a 240mm radiator for $48, 115 for res/pump. 6 barbs for $12 (XSPC chrome g1/4), XSPC Raystorm block for $50, $10 for tubing (really only need 6ft to be safe, but 8ft to be super safe). $25 for 2 SP120 fans... $243... after discount $229 plus shipping, plus leaving him the option to go with a water block and expand later.

That being said, a custom loop here with a 240mm radiator, should perform better. The DDC3.2 will have a much higher flow rate, the SP120 fans are great for radiators, the radiator you're going to get is AT LEAST as good a the ones from a H100, and the XSPC raystorm water block should cool better as well. He can spend $30 extra for a 360mm radiator to allow himself the overhead to install a GPU block later if he so chooses. the AIO doesn't allow that flexibility.

The question of whether it's worth it is 100 percent his call because the dollars don't make sense, even for a AIO. It's just a matter of where his passions and interests reside. That's why in this unofficial Monsoon outpost, we spend so much. We're passionate about awesome aesthetic parts for our loops. We obviously perceive a great value on appearance AND performance. We're paying the premium for such luxuries, but that's because they are just that: luxuries.
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1326 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

Worth it? that's a subjective question... $ to performance ratio is severely bad, but I love doing it, so that makes it feel worth it. I also incurred a bit of a higher cost due to the constraints of my upcoming build. This also includes the pro hardline kit from monsoon (which is definitely reusable), fan grills, fans, 2 radiators, fittings, new CPU block, d5 pump, mmrs 100mm reservoir, etc. etc. etc. I also went with the hardline tubing, which overall is more expensive than just some simple barbs and flex tube. However... it's just what I wanted to do.

A simple loop that can cool it all isn't insanely expensive. DDC pump/res combo for under 100, 360mm radiator for $80 or so, CPU block for $50, tube for $20, barbs for $25ish and boom... very well cooled processor with all brand new everything for $275. Is it going to be the prettiest? nope. But it'll do that job without question. Perhaps just as well as my configuration. But I'm building for aesthetic as well as performance (top of the line CPU block compared to middle of the road is a difference of a couple degrees C in cooling capability... definitely not WORTH the premium if the dollars are important).

Hope that helps!

Yea ther's no way that I'm going to buy "barb" fittings, and only spend $275 on a custom loop. I mean if I want cheap, I might as well just go with AIO coolers like those Corsair ones. But if I go custom loop, I will spend more than $500+. Yea so ther's no middle route for me. Cause spending $275 on a cheap custom loop parts is "not " worth it imo, rather just buy an AIO cooler.

But yea I agree with your point.
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1327 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-acrylic-dual-5-25-reservoir-pump-combo-with-one-laing-ddc.html

$115 - 5.5% with code OCN55... so $108. With that being said, he could go apples to apples, get a 240mm radiator for $48, 115 for res/pump. 6 barbs for $12 (XSPC chrome g1/4), XSPC Raystorm block for $50, $10 for tubing (really only need 6ft to be safe, but 8ft to be super safe). $25 for 2 SP120 fans... $243... after discount $229 plus shipping, plus leaving him the option to go with a water block and expand later.

That being said, a custom loop here with a 240mm radiator, should perform better. The DDC3.2 will have a much higher flow rate, the SP120 fans are great for radiators, the radiator you're going to get is AT LEAST as good a the ones from a H100, and the XSPC raystorm water block should cool better as well. He can spend $30 extra for a 360mm radiator to allow himself the overhead to install a GPU block later if he so chooses. the AIO doesn't allow that flexibility.

The question of whether it's worth it is 100 percent his call because the dollars don't make sense, even for a AIO. It's just a matter of where his passions and interests reside. That's why in this unofficial Monsoon outpost, we spend so much. We're passionate about awesome aesthetic parts for our loops. We obviously perceive a great value on appearance AND performance. We're paying the premium for such luxuries, but that's because they are just that: luxuries.

First off with that XSPC res theres a reason its 108 lol, those things are terrible, the black ones are not bad but the old clear ones are known for leaking issues, they are glued together and poorly at that lol. Thats to to mention the fact that a DDC in that environment will only last a year or 2, A DDC has to have a heat sink at the very least airflow that has neither that is a terrible combo.

The Kracken I linked has a 280mm rad it has the same surface area as that 360. " The DDC3.2 will have a much higher flow rate" is irrelevant the AIOs will provide the 1gpm needed and that is all you need more than that will not improve temps really at all. We are not talking a huge restrictive loop here AIOs are designed with pumps to handle what they have with over 1gpm. The DDC pump also does not have a high flow rate its pro is pressure where in this kind of loop does not matter. I will give you that the Raystorm will surpass the AIOs CPU block even then we are talking a couple of degrees C.

" a 360mm radiator to allow himself the overhead to install a GPU block later if he so chooses. the AIO doesn't allow that flexibility." first off no.

In no world is a 360 rad enough for an overclocked CPU and a GPU even at stock, just no. At that point you would be better off Air cooling. I currently have my case torn down s I am moving things around ect. I threw my PC on a bench temporarily and have a 480 rad hooked up to 1 of my GPUs and my CPU. With my GPU stock and m,y CPU overclocked while gaming my cpu hits 60c and my GPU hits 70. You are suggesting that with a 360 ya thats not nearly enough.

However maybe you just meant expand-ability in general, There again that is not true EK makes a AIO that is expandable and is still under 200 as does swiftech, I believe there was a few more but I cannot recall them atm.

There is also the option of the predator while were on this, that's 200 dollars has a very nice rad a DDC pump, a very good rad and a better CPU block than a ray storm and is expandable (it comes with a Supremacy Evo which is the best block on the market). For 240 you can add qdcs and make the Rad a 360. That is complete with fans, much cheaper and better performing than the loop you laid out. Also while were on the subject of it coming with fans it comes with EK Vardars which are second only to Gentle Typhoons, those are 20 dollar a piece fans (the Vardars so are the GTs though).

Oh lets also not forget the fact the predator uses Compression fittings and has QDCs. I do have 1 niggle with the predator though, it implores the same no heat sink DDC idea as that reservoir, I have had my fair share of DDCs die because of those types of solutions they are a bad idea. However in the way of the EK version you can still mount a heat sink to there DDC and it will still get airflow.

Also as you suggested them, I dont say this light heartily as I own a ton of them sadly, unless you want to duct tape your rads Corsair SP120s are horrid fans do not use them for rads. the model that comes with the H100 is fine but the round ones allow a lot of air to escape and are very poorly designed. This can be overcome with a rad cover that has circle cutouts or duct tape however.


I agree that if you want aesthetics and such like we do then you have to go fully custom, however you are also going to spend alot more than 300 dollars. Also on that note look at a predator it has EK compression's, EK block, EK rad everything is the same parts we use in custom systems, it looks fantastic. However if you are trying to save money and just want good cooling and decent looks then AIOs of today will outperform anything you can build for the price and look not bad doing it.

5 years ago things were different and back then I would have agreed with you, but as of today you are wrong and a cheap loop is a waste of time and money there is AIOs much better and cheaper than what you could build on a budget.

If your building a small cheap loop these days a predator looks a whole lot better than a 300 dollar loop that wont perform as well and will be riddled with barb fittings with Zip Ties.
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1328 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

First off with that XSPC res theres a reason its 108 lol, those things are terrible, the black ones are not bad but the old clear ones are known for leaking issues, they are glued together and poorly at that lol. Thats to to mention the fact that a DDC in that environment will only last a year or 2, A DDC has to have a heat sink at the very least airflow that has neither that is a terrible combo.

The Kracken I linked has a 280mm rad it has the same surface area as that 360. " The DDC3.2 will have a much higher flow rate" is irrelevant the AIOs will provide the 1gpm needed and that is all you need more than that will not improve temps really at all. We are not talking a huge restrictive loop here AIOs are designed with pumps to handle what they have with over 1gpm. The DDC pump also does not have a high flow rate its pro is pressure where in this kind of loop does not matter. I will give you that the Raystorm will surpass the AIOs CPU block even then we are talking a couple of degrees C.

" a 360mm radiator to allow himself the overhead to install a GPU block later if he so chooses. the AIO doesn't allow that flexibility." first off no.

In no world is a 360 rad enough for an overclocked CPU and a GPU even at stock, just no. At that point you would be better off Air cooling. I currently have my case torn down s I am moving things around ect. I threw my PC on a bench temporarily and have a 480 rad hooked up to 1 of my GPUs and my CPU. With my GPU stock and m,y CPU overclocked while gaming my cpu hits 60c and my GPU hits 70. You are suggesting that with a 360 ya thats not nearly enough.

However maybe you just meant expand-ability in general, There again that is not true EK makes a AIO that is expandable and is still under 200 as does swiftech, I believe there was a few more but I cannot recall them atm.

There is also the option of the predator while were on this, that's 200 dollars has a very nice rad a DDC pump, a very good rad and a better CPU block than a ray storm and is expandable (it comes with a Supremacy Evo which is the best block on the market). For 240 you can add qdcs and make the Rad a 360. That is complete with fans, much cheaper and better performing than the loop you laid out. Also while were on the subject of it coming with fans it comes with EK Vardars which are second only to Gentle Typhoons, those are 20 dollar a piece fans (the Vardars so are the GTs though).

Oh lets also not forget the fact the predator uses Compression fittings and has QDCs. I do have 1 niggle with the predator though, it implores the same no heat sink DDC idea as that reservoir, I have had my fair share of DDCs die because of those types of solutions they are a bad idea. However in the way of the EK version you can still mount a heat sink to there DDC and it will still get airflow.

Also as you suggested them, I dont say this light heartily as I own a ton of them sadly, unless you want to duct tape your rads Corsair SP120s are horrid fans do not use them for rads. the model that comes with the H100 is fine but the round ones allow a lot of air to escape and are very poorly designed. This can be overcome with a rad cover that has circle cutouts or duct tape however.


I agree that if you want aesthetics and such like we do then you have to go fully custom, however you are also going to spend alot more than 300 dollars. Also on that note look at a predator it has EK compression's, EK block, EK rad everything is the same parts we use in custom systems, it looks fantastic. However if you are trying to save money and just want good cooling and decent looks then AIOs of today will outperform anything you can build for the price and look not bad doing it.

5 years ago things were different and back then I would have agreed with you, but as of today you are wrong and a cheap loop is a waste of time and money there is AIOs much better and cheaper than what you could build on a budget.

If your building a small cheap loop these days a predator looks a whole lot better than a 300 dollar loop that wont perform as well and will be riddled with barb fittings with Zip Ties.

Are you sure that the Predator comes with Supremacy Evo block? I thought it only comes with the cheaper version MX one.
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1329 of 4479
Nice looking stuff here. Hopefully parts are still available as soon as someone makes a good GPU block for the 390x
Black N Blue
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6350 Asus M5A99FX Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 100361-4L G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har...  Seagate NAS HDD ST4000VN000 Samsung SE​-506CB/RSB​DM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT Kraken X31 Windows 10 HP 2310m HP 2310m 
MonitorPowerCase
HP 2310m Corsair HX1000i NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Black N Blue
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6350 Asus M5A99FX Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 100361-4L G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har...  Seagate NAS HDD ST4000VN000 Samsung SE​-506CB/RSB​DM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT Kraken X31 Windows 10 HP 2310m HP 2310m 
MonitorPowerCase
HP 2310m Corsair HX1000i NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1330 of 4479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

Are you sure that the Predator comes with Supremacy Evo block? I thought it only comes with the cheaper version MX one.

The cheaper MX block is a Supremacy EVO, The MX is cheaper as EK adapted cost saving measures, they do not include the AMD bracket with the MX and the mounting mechanism is a cheaper version. The top cover is made of cheaper materials and this also helps to lower cost slightly. The actual base of the MX is the exact same as the EVOs, as is the internal design they perform the same and are basically the same blocks the MX is just removes bloatware to lessen the price. However yes it is the MX, so it has the Acrylic top VS Nickel/Acetal and the cheaper dumbed down mounting system.

Another fun fact all parts of the Evo and Mx are interchangeable you could buy a predator and a EVO top and mount and you would then have an EVO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 View Post

Nice looking stuff here. Hopefully parts are still available as soon as someone makes a good GPU block for the 390x

EK is suppopse to have a few coming out this month. To my knowledge no one else is making them an EK only 1 or 2.

290x blocks will fit some of them as well, this is why block makers are not making them. 390xs are simply 290xs with more Vram, they dont make blocks for cards that change virtually nothing because not many people will buy 390xs, and most of the people that do dont water cool them. The Reference 390x even uses the same pcb as reference 290xs its the same card just more Vram.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 1/31/16 at 11:43pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New products from Monsoon cooling