Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New products from Monsoon cooling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New products from Monsoon cooling - Page 42

post #411 of 4492
Quote:

Saw those, was worried the ribbing would cause warping on the inside of the tube though.

Also thinking of using just a sheet of lycra fabric and just rolling it up. Figured the best course of action would be to try and emulate the silicone tube I got from y'all when I was doing some hardline tubing a while back though. Why innovate when you can emulate thumb.gif
post #412 of 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

Saw those, was worried the ribbing would cause warping on the inside of the tube though.

Also thinking of using just a sheet of lycra fabric and just rolling it up. Figured the best course of action would be to try and emulate the silicone tube I got from y'all when I was doing some hardline tubing a while back though. Why innovate when you can emulate thumb.gif

I just wonder if the silicone in your mold will cure all the way through? Not saying I know it won't--I have no idea--just thinking it will "skin over" and curing will stop. Might try a warm oven...again just guessing.

Keep us posted. Any wagers on who posts the first sex toy reference/joke? If DB were in this thread...
Edited by BoxGods - 11/1/15 at 11:02am
post #413 of 4492
This maybe was asked several times, but tongue.gif

When is the estimated availability in Europe for Monsoon MMRS?

Also a question regarding the 'fill port' end cap. Can it be just screwed to the bottom to make so the only fixation of the res? Kind of free standing res
post #414 of 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origondoo View Post

This maybe was asked several times, but tongue.gif

When is the estimated availability in Europe for Monsoon MMRS?

Also a question regarding the 'fill port' end cap. Can it be just screwed to the bottom to make so the only fixation of the res? Kind of free standing res

Probably December for launch in Europe.

Yes the fill / drain ports work as mounts also. You can get a better idea of the working as mounts from the link below. It shows both a fill AND drain port being used but one works fine if that is what you prefer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq_6CrCpqM
post #415 of 4492
Another preview. This is a standalone mount on grasshopper, with split res on grasshopper and mounted through circular fill drain port.






post #416 of 4492
Just finished the first iteration of my build with the new reservoirs, so I thought would share some pics here. Sorry about the cell phone quality pics, don't have a proper camera right now. With the build, still need to address some color mismatches with the pump motor tubes and tweak the lighting a little bit. The lighting is actually white, some it came out blueish in the pic.


post #417 of 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post

Probably December for launch in Europe.

Yes the fill / drain ports work as mounts also. You can get a better idea of the working as mounts from the link below. It shows both a fill AND drain port being used but one works fine if that is what you prefer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq_6CrCpqM

Thanks for reply.

Then I have to wait until the Europe release now thumb.gif
post #418 of 4492
Xerythul (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerythul View Post

Another preview. This is a standalone mount on grasshopper, with split res on grasshopper and mounted through circular fill drain port.







zerone (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerone View Post

Just finished the first iteration of my build with the new reservoirs, so I thought would share some pics here. Sorry about the cell phone quality pics, don't have a proper camera right now. With the build, still need to address some color mismatches with the pump motor tubes and tweak the lighting a little bit. The lighting is actually white, some it came out blueish in the pic.



Those look sick you guys! That purple is awesome, and those lights are great. I can't wait till I get mine. I'm still fiddling with making it fit heh
post #419 of 4492
That's about 85% of the build in the pictures I posted, making it fit... The case itself is about 12"x12"x12" and I'm squeezing in three rads, a tube res, fan controller, sli video cards, etc etc So this MMRS setup is a blessing from the gods for me!
post #420 of 4492
So here is the set up:




I shot 2 light dusting coats of self etching primer and then about 5 very light coats of flat white. they didn't turn out too bad but last night we had a 15 degree (C) temperature drop (and snow) and the parts were drying out in the garage so for some reason one of the caps had some funky strangeness happen to the surface probably as a result of the cold. its only noticeable if you look really close so I think I will let it cure for a few days inside in the warm and see how it looks.



Fugly
(0 items)
[Build Log] SKYNET
(73 photos)
 
Reply
Fugly
(0 items)
[Build Log] SKYNET
(73 photos)
 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › New products from Monsoon cooling