Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread - Page 134

post #1331 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatzelle60 View Post

Anyone here install windows 7 using the USB ODD and the data disk drive method that they have posted on there support page. Want to make sure when the impact comes out i won't have a horrible headache from installing windows 7

Reason i want to go asus I'm worried about screwing up my motherboard when i get it

Yes I installed Win 7 with that method without any issues, why would you be worried about screwing up your motherboard when you get it
post #1332 of 5773
So all i do is install the Support disk into Sata drive and the OS drive into the usb drive and boot from the usb drive
post #1333 of 5773
Hi,

I have a Z170 Deluxe and I would make a Raid 0 with 2 480GB * m500
I have a M2 SSD for Windows 10 and when I want to configure RAID 0, the M2 is in selecting drives for Raid, but I do not want to touch it and lose the data above, an idea?
All Intel sata are Raid or AHCI but impossible, I would like select the SATA ports that M500 SSDs are installed.

Thanks
post #1334 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaralf View Post

Hi,

I have a Z170 Deluxe and I would make a Raid 0 with 2 480GB * m500
I have a M2 SSD for Windows 10 and when I want to configure RAID 0, the M2 is in selecting drives for Raid, but I do not want to touch it and lose the data above, an idea?
All Intel sata are Raid or AHCI but impossible, I would like select the SATA ports that M500 SSDs are installed

Thanks

As long as the drives are connected to the IRST ports, both should be present when entering the utility at boot. You select which drives manually. If you are using the EZ Tuning Wizard, either don't - or disconnect the M.2 drive. I've yet to use this facility on the board though.
Edited by Silent Scone - 9/28/15 at 11:48pm
post #1335 of 5773
Hey guys.

I have a question about the Realtek drivers that come on the ASUS website for the Maximus VIII Hero.

Is there anyway to install the drivers without installing that Sonic Suite? I really have no use for Sonic Suite and it installs that and a program called SVLoadSense that consistently run in the background.

Do I even need to install the realtek drivers at all? Currently on a fresh OS install I have not installed and sound seems to be fine. If I am gaming I usually use my high quality usb headset anyway, or Went on my samsung TV downstairs its using HDMI Via my nvidia cards.

What do you guys do?
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1336 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by llantant View Post

Hey guys.

I have a question about the Realtek drivers that come on the ASUS website for the Maximus VIII Hero.

Is there anyway to install the drivers without installing that Sonic Suite? I really have no use for Sonic Suite and it installs that and a program called SVLoadSense that consistently run in the background.

Do I even need to install the realtek drivers at all? Currently on a fresh OS install I have not installed and sound seems to be fine. If I am gaming I usually use my high quality usb headset anyway, or Went on my samsung TV downstairs its using HDMI Via my nvidia cards.

What do you guys do?

With the newer versions of Windows I no longer install audio drivers. I don't ever use the annoying audio panel and I highly doubt the audio quality is compromised with plain Windows drivers.
post #1337 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonkie View Post

With the newer versions of Windows I no longer install audio drivers. I don't ever use the annoying audio panel and I highly doubt the audio quality is compromised with plain Windows drivers.

Brilliant thanks.

My headset has 7.1 surround so I use that anyway for any gaming. I'm still using my old 5.1 speakers from a dell pc that I had approx 15 years ago so so don't really care about that quality and if I'm on my downstairs tv I've got a Samsung soundbar.

I'll stick with Windows drivers. Thanks.
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1338 of 5773
How do you get 5.1/7.1 surround sound in game with out proper sound drivers ? especially over optical ? or do windows do all that, to get surround sound in gaming dont you need DTS Connect ?
post #1339 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytraders View Post

How do you get 5.1/7.1 surround sound in game with out proper sound drivers ? especially over optical ? or do windows do all that, to get surround sound in gaming dont you need DTS Connect ?

My gamescom 780 USB does have drivers.

And for the soundbar it's using nvidia hd audio through hdmi.
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake!
(15 items)
 
 
Old School!
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.7ghz 1.37v (4.6 cache) ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb G Skill TridentZ 3600hz 16/16/16/36 @ 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SM951 256gb Nvme 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Raid 0 Western Digital Black 1.5tb HDD Storage Corsair H110 GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Yamakasi Catleap Q251 1440p ips Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 850 G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 600Q Roccat Kone Pure Roccat Taito 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph.II BE 1090T 3.75ghz BE (1.4v) 3000NB (1.325v) Asus M4A88TD-M Evo/USB3 GTX 470 G Skill Eco 1333mhz 5-6-5-18-23 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Crucial C300 128gb SSD, 2 x 640gb Storage (Raid) DVD-RW Win 7 Home Premium 800W 
Case
Coolermaster 310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1340 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by llantant View Post

My gamescom 780 USB does have drivers.

And for the soundbar it's using nvidia hd audio through hdmi.

Cool, yeh i dont have a hdmi av amp only optical, guess if i had a hdmi surround av amp i could just use the GPU hdmi sound drivers, thx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread